ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Mac Davis....and Helen Reddy....

wow...I took my shower and the song 'Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" came into my head and has been there all morning. Spooky...maybe I heard it in the background but I don't have the radio or TV on (Can't stand to hear about the Yankees).

Mac Davis was great in North Dallas Forty - really good football movie.

Reactions: Nitwit
I watched North Dallas Forty on HDNet yesterday afternoon (at 1:10pm).

FYI......Stripes is on today at 2:10pm.

Reactions: LionJim
Rick Neuheisel spoke about Mac Davis on "Full Ride" SiriusXM84/ESPNU this morning. They were good friends, golfing buddies. Talked about the many songs Davis wrote for others, including Elvis. Davis would tell him about his inspirations for songs as they played golf.

Neuheisel seemingly knows everyone, seems to like most everyone, and has great stories about his many circle of friends and acquaintances.

Side rant: Neuheisel is great, imo the best of the many good Sirius84 daily hosts, and more than makes up for the insufferable Chris Childers.

I watched North Dallas Forty on HDNet yesterday afternoon (at 1:10pm).

FYI......Stripes is on today at 2:10pm.
NDF is a very fine film.

NorthDallasForty.jpg

Last edited:
my sister used to listen to reddy records. I seem to recall that she also had a variety show on TV.

Funny how TV has changed. They used to give variety shows to anybody, including Howeard Cosell.

Rick Neuheisel spoke about Mac Davis on "Full Ride" SiriusXM84/ESPNU this morning. They were good friends, golfing buddies. Talked about the many songs Davis wrote for others, including Elvis. Davis would tell him about his inspirations for songs as they played golf.

Neuheisel seemingly knows everyone, seems to like most everyone, and has great stories about his many circle of friends and acquaintances.

Side rant: Neuheisel is great, imo the best of the many good Sirius84 daily hosts, and more than makes up for the insufferable Chris Childers.

I once spotted Neuheisel having dinner with Mac Davis at The Tavern.

ADVERTISEMENT