RIP Mac Davis....and Helen Reddy....

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
wow...I took my shower and the song 'Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me" came into my head and has been there all morning. Spooky...maybe I heard it in the background but I don't have the radio or TV on (Can't stand to hear about the Yankees).

Lion84

Apr 10, 2015
Mac Davis was great in North Dallas Forty - really good football movie.

Reactions: Nitwit

86Engineer

Jul 25, 2015
I watched North Dallas Forty on HDNet yesterday afternoon (at 1:10pm).

FYI......Stripes is on today at 2:10pm.

Reactions: LionJim

Bob78

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Rick Neuheisel spoke about Mac Davis on "Full Ride" SiriusXM84/ESPNU this morning. They were good friends, golfing buddies. Talked about the many songs Davis wrote for others, including Elvis. Davis would tell him about his inspirations for songs as they played golf.

Neuheisel seemingly knows everyone, seems to like most everyone, and has great stories about his many circle of friends and acquaintances.

Side rant: Neuheisel is great, imo the best of the many good Sirius84 daily hosts, and more than makes up for the insufferable Chris Childers.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
my sister used to listen to reddy records. I seem to recall that she also had a variety show on TV.

Funny how TV has changed. They used to give variety shows to anybody, including Howeard Cosell.

CF LION

May 29, 2001
Rick Neuheisel spoke about Mac Davis on "Full Ride" SiriusXM84/ESPNU this morning. They were good friends, golfing buddies. Talked about the many songs Davis wrote for others, including Elvis. Davis would tell him about his inspirations for songs as they played golf.

Neuheisel seemingly knows everyone, seems to like most everyone, and has great stories about his many circle of friends and acquaintances.

Side rant: Neuheisel is great, imo the best of the many good Sirius84 daily hosts, and more than makes up for the insufferable Chris Childers.
I once spotted Neuheisel having dinner with Mac Davis at The Tavern.

Latest posts