ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Gale Sayers

A former client played against him in high school in Omaha. (He also caught Bob Gibson in Legion ball, which is no small feat.) So, he was playing in some sort of end-of-season all state all star game, and he told his teammates that Sayers' speed would be like nothing they had ever seen, and that essentially, when the ball was snapped, you had to immediately sprint as fast as you could directly to either the right or left sideline and hope that you could beat him there. Naturally, being all-stars, they pooh-poohed his warning, and on the first play from scrimmage, Sayers took the ball around the left end for a 75 yard touchdown.

Grew up in Chicago area watching him play on some really bad Bears Teams. Was unreal to watch him run.

Get tears just thinking about that movie.

We had an assembly in high school and didn't know what it was about. It was to show Brian's Song. I was sitting with a bunch of my friends and we were all on the football team. When they brought the lights up at the end, we were all wiping our faces.

Reactions: Crayfish57
He has had a summer home in a small town just down the road from me for years , I think there was some doctor in the area that helped him with his knee problems after retirement and he liked the area and staye. Also remember Brian's Song in High School. Sad day.

We had an assembly in high school and didn't know what it was about. It was to show Brian's Song. I was sitting with a bunch of my friends and we were all on the football team. When they brought the lights up at the end, we were all wiping our faces.
You guys must have really liked the movie 😳

ADVERTISEMENT