ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Don Sutton

What an entertaining flake back in the day. "Crafty" (should've been a lefty - haha!). I adopted the Dodgers in 1976 when I felt empowered to choose my own destiny and break from the regional favorite Orioles.

R.I.P.

All these H of F'ers dying within the last ten months or so are guys I used to watch play as a kid. Makes me feel old. RIP, Don Sutton.

If I hear someone passing away in their mid 70's or older, there is sadness in their passing, but there should also be a little joy in the fact that they should have lived a long, good full life. Mourn and feel sad for the good who've died young and may have missed out on the joys of a full life.

If I hear someone passing away in their mid 70's or older, there is sadness in their passing, but there should also be a little joy in the fact that they should have lived a long, good full life. Mourn and feel sad for the good who've died young and may have missed out on the joys of a full life.
Think of it, as a 21 year old kid he had the opportunity to pitch and excel in rotation consisting of Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Claude Osteen. Wow!

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and TheGLOV
Think of it, as a 21 year old kid he had the opportunity to pitch and excel in rotation consisting of Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Claude Osteen. Wow!

The 60's were my growing/learning years and there were some pretty fair country ballplayers in that decade. You could start another Hall of Fame with just the BB players who started or played in the 60's.

Reactions: Monlion and brupsu
The 60's were my growing/learning years and there were some pretty fair country ballplayers in that decade. You could start another Hall of Fame with just the BB players who started or played in the 60's.
There sure were.Big Phillies fan and growing up we played a lot of stick ball.All you needed was a pimple ball and a sawed off broom handle.We were always outside.How many games would Robin Roberts have won if he pitched for the smitty lusinski era teams ?.He lost a ton of one run games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT