ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Coach Klausing

My brother played for Coach Klausing at CMU and was an All America linebacker. Chuck was a great coach and a better man. I met one of his sons at a CMU event to honor my brother who passed away from leukemia and expressed to him that my brother always spoke highly of his dad. I highly recommend the book Striking Gridiron about Chuck's time coaching the Braddock High School Tigers to a national record of 56 game unbeaten streak in the late 1950's.

Just read an article on his passing
54-0-1 @ Braddock HS
assistant a@ Army and Rutgers
46-11 at IUP
assistant @ West by God Virginia under Bobby Bowden
77-15-2 @ Carnegie Mellon
One yr @ Pitt but they didn't say the win/lose record.
The @ Kiski Prep but again no record given.

Amazing record

My brother played for Coach Klausing at CMU and was an All America linebacker. Chuck was a great coach and a better man. I met one of his sons at a CMU event to honor my brother who passed away from leukemia and expressed to him that my brother always spoke highly of his dad. I highly recommend the book Striking Gridiron about Chuck's time coaching the Braddock High School Tigers to a national record of 56 game unbeaten streak in the late 1950's.

What many don't know is how really good North Braddock (Scott) was back during that time. I think that one tie was Braddock/North Braddock. Those teams truly hated each other and their game was THE toughest ticket to be had. Ironically, they both used the same field (Scott) for their home games

What many don't know is how really good North Braddock (Scott) was back during that time. I think that one tie was Braddock/North Braddock. Those teams truly hated each other and their game was THE toughest ticket to be had. Ironically, they both used the same field (Scott) for their home games
The tie was against Midland. I lived in Braddock during the streak years and the rivalry with NB Scott was tremendous. It was a wonderful time. There was an air of invincibility in Braddock. New Brighton ended the streak. I still have the SI issue that featured Klausing and the Tigers.

Thanks for tip. Bought it on kindle and having a hard time putting it down. Ver well written and brings the valley to life

ADVERTISEMENT