The Fabulous Moolah
Tito Santana
Ivan Koloff
Gorilla Monsoon
Pedro Morales
Dominic DeNucci
Mr. Fuji

Reactions: RiskyBusinessPSU
he was the little, fast guy that always got beat, right? I always felt for him...like the Washington Generals. I also recall a tag team that were brothers or cousins.
Yes, he was the African American wrestler. These guys used to do matches at local high schools, including mine. When I was elementary school age, my Dad used to take me into the locker room after the show. It was funny seeing those guys, including Bruno, sitting right next to each other after "hating" on each other having friendly chats about their families. I was confused.

The good ole days of Haystacks Calhoun, Pampiro Firpo, Bo Bo Brazil, etc.

Art....were you in the biz at some point?
How did you come to be standing beside Bruno on occasions?

Nope. My Dad's cousin's husband a good friend. They lived up the street and Bruno was over frequently. Needless to say it was a neighborhood occasion.

Reactions: RandyL and LionJim
I remember having to watch Saturday night wrestling, hosting by Pie Traynor (who can? American) every saturday after the Lawrence Welk Show.

Everyone is forgetting George the Animal Steel, or did I miss that post?

Reactions: Obliviax
SD (Special Delivery) Jones was always good for falling just short in matches against the elite level wrestlers. And if I recall correctly, he had some kind of a hole in his back.

ADVERTISEMENT