Riots near Minneapolis over police shooting. That must be all that stimulus money he is flashing.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
We don't witness that and the statistics show it isn't the case.

I know your wokeism allows you to watch a couple of videos and then make broad brush claims about the entire country, but factually it isn't correct.

How the heck is this systemic racism? Do you even understand the definition?

LdN
Jason is an idiot , he doesn't understand much.

Reactions: LionDeNittany

CDW3333

Mar 10, 2010
Pathetic straw man , are you seriously a lawyer because you suck at this logic thing?
A lawful arrest isn't the same as a request to wear a mask, which is a mandated policy, not a law.
Please try to suck less, hopefully you can raise your current pathetic level to just sad. Work on it.
Guy on Internet sees no inconsistency between "the state can't tell me what to do" and "you better do what the state tells you what to do immediately or you will be killed."

DandyDonII

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2002
This latest shooting didn’t occur in a vacuum. We witness a steady stream of white police officers using excessive and lethal force against people of color. This latest shooting occurred a short drive from the Derek Chauvin/George Floyd murder trial. This latest shooting, if it isn’t an example of systemic racism, it certainly is an example of gross police incompetence. A cop needs to know the difference between a gun and a taser.

The DOJ stats basically show that blacks and whites are basically killed at the same rate as their race participates in criminal behavior. The stats aren't perfect, but they are better than anything we have. And that doesn't even consider the types of crimes that are being committed more commonly be each race, i.e. who is committing robberies and murders.....
How many times have you seen people get all pissed off and protesting over the killing of a white person? How about almost never......And about twice as many white people are killed as blacks by cops each year....
Isn't it amazing that we already know the ID of the Minny cop that just shot the 20 year old but still don't know the name of the cop who shot the woman at the capitol?

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
We don't witness that and the statistics show it isn't the case.

I know your wokeism allows you to watch a couple of videos and then make broad brush claims about the entire country, but factually it isn't correct.

How the heck is this systemic racism? Do you even understand the definition?

LdN
Actually I gave you a choice to describe the latest shooting. Racism OR gross incompetence.
Mark Twain said there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. We have a problem with how SOME members of law enforcement treat people of color, statistics be damned. Talk to a person of color.
I'm glad conservatives have learned a new word - woke. Whatever fact you don't want to accept is woke. Woke has replaced snowflake.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Actually I gave you a choice to describe the latest shooting. Racism OR gross incompetence.
Mark Twain said there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. We have a problem with how SOME members of law enforcement treat people of color, statistics be damned. Talk to a person of color.
I'm glad conservatives have learned a new word - woke. Whatever fact you don't want to accept is woke. Woke has replaced snowflake.

Jason simply because you do not understand statistics does not disprove them.

Statistics are a basis of science. I, personally believe in science.

You are anti science apparently.

LdN

Reactions: Ski

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
Jason simply because you do not understand statistics does not disprove them.

Statistics are a basis of science. I, personally believe in science.

You are anti science apparently.

LdN
Not anti science at all, but statistics do not always tell the entire story. Sometimes statistics are flawed for a variety of reasons. Let me share a story.
When I was in school in the early 80's conventional wisdom was that anabolic steroids were ineffective in adding muscle mass in spite of a lot of anecdotal evidence. There was a landmark double blind study published in The Lancet in 1975 that was cited as definitive proof that steroids "didn't work." Years later it was discovered that the GA who distributed the steroids and the placebo to the participants sold all the steroids on the black market and gave all the study participants placebos. The statistics of the study were "irrefutable," but incorrect.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The DOJ stats basically show that blacks and whites are basically killed at the same rate as their race participates in criminal behavior. The stats aren't perfect, but they are better than anything we have. And that doesn't even consider the types of crimes that are being committed more commonly be each race, i.e. who is committing robberies and murders.....
How many times have you seen people get all pissed off and protesting over the killing of a white person? How about almost never......And about twice as many white people are killed as blacks by cops each year....
Isn't it amazing that we already know the ID of the Minny cop that just shot the 20 year old but still don't know the name of the cop who shot the woman at the capitol?
I've quoted the author and expert witness on use of force, Marc MacYoung previously. He just told me today that anytime you have to use force it is a possibility someone will die. It could be the exertion causing a heart attack, or an inadvertent trip causing a head injury. As you add in resisting the arrest it goes up higher. I add this to help your point that it's not racist to attempt to arrest someone and even if an injury or death results it doesn't mean a law is broken.
However , resisting arrest is a crime and most of these incidents will result in a safe arrest if you comply.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Not anti science at all, but statistics do not always tell the entire story. Sometimes statistics are flawed for a variety of reasons. Let me share a story.
When I was in school in the early 80's conventional wisdom was that anabolic steroids were ineffective in adding muscle mass in spite of a lot of anecdotal evidence. There was a landmark double blind study published in The Lancet in 1975 that was cited as definitive proof that steroids "didn't work." Years later it was discovered that the GA who distributed the steroids and the placebo to the participants sold all the steroids on the black market and gave all the study participants placebos. The statistics of the study were "irrefutable," but incorrect.
This is completely stupid and a total non sequitur. Everyone knew steroids worked back then, and we knew the lack of research ( poorly designed studies because using potential dangerous drugs in a controlled study is unethical and illegal I believe) . Also, they were testing for anabolic steroids' as far back as 1972, so they knew they were effective. Everyone knew.

Reactions: psualt and Ski

Conemaugh

May 8, 2020
I heard some black racists in that crowd. I wonder if the MSM will run with the narrative that all of them are racists. :rolleyes:
Well god willing, there is one camera man who had some sense knocked into him. Hopefully it doesn't take a water bottle in the head for everyone to understand none of this is peaceful protest bullshit.

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Rioters were about to go riot somewhere else upon hearing about another officer-involved shooting.

Then they found out the suspect who was shot was white, and turned around and went back to Brooklyn Center