Riots near Minneapolis over police shooting. That must be all that stimulus money he is flashing.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
fq1Wlxha

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
It’s really getting old with the leftist wackos making these criminals trouble makers into some sort of saint.

Reactions: WeR0206

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
Why didn't Xiden's red flag EO prevent this? The FB pics look like he was looking for trouble.

RGWhirly

Jul 30, 2017
Serious question. Even though he was obviously a piece of crap, why was he shot for getting back in his vehicle. I know the police don’t want him grabbing a gun or something. Overreaction or proper action? I don’t know, which is why I am asking.

I love the lil 110 lbs person with their arms outstretched after cops come around vehicles. Brave woke person I guess. 🤦‍♂️

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
Serious question. Even though he was obviously a piece of crap, why was he shot for getting back in his vehicle. I know the police don’t want him grabbing a gun or something. Overreaction or proper action? I don’t know, which is why I am asking.

I love the lil 110 lbs person with their arms outstretched after cops come around vehicles. Brave woke person I guess. 🤦‍♂️

Other reports suggest his speeding away put other people in immediate danger

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

He can have a weapon there.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

If I grab a gun from in the car and you can't see me and wait until you see a gun to shoot me you are a dead man.
Again, driving around like a fool with a warrant , resists arrest, gets shot justifiably , local riots.
It's a culture problem , not a cop problem,

Reactions: psuted and WeR0206

Mile High Lion

Sep 3, 2001
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand there are a lot of great people in the Minneapolis area just working, obeying the law and trying to live a decent life while getting along with everyone else and they get caught up in all the chaos and destruction. Sometimes it personally impacts their lives. On the other hand Minneapolis with all the woke progressivism brought this upon itself. All the enablers in Minneapolis, Portland, New York and elsewhere you get no sympathy. This is your world. Now you have to live in it.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
Don't you think it's old that police unjustifiably shoot and kill people?

Lots of mixed messages wrt to getting shot by police. You have some black who say they are afraid to be around police or even look at them for fear of getting shot. Then you have this guy who didn't seem to give a shit. Either the guy had I believe drugs in the car and decided to make a break for it or he was so brazen that he didn't think the police would shoot at them if he took off. Either way it was a bad decision on his part.

If you think this shooting was unjustified, what would you do?? You just pulled the guy over, he's out of the car, he has a warrant for his arrest and he decides to duck into his car to either grab a gun or bolt. Wait to see if he has a semi-auto hand gun and start spraying bullets at them?? Let him bolt and let him leave the scene at high speed endangering others. If he takes off at high speed most police can not longer pursue so he's gone.

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
Lots of mixed messages wrt to getting shot by police. You have some black who say they are afraid to be around police or even look at them for fear of getting shot. Then you have this guy who didn't seem to give a shit. Either the guy had I believe drugs in the car and decided to make a break for it or he was so brazen that he didn't think the police would shoot at them if he took off. Either way it was a bad decision on his part.

If you think this shooting was unjustified, what would you do?? You just pulled the guy over, he's out of the car, he has a warrant for his arrest and he decides to duck into his car to either grab a gun or bolt. Wait to see if he has a semi-auto hand gun and start spraying bullets at them?? Let him bolt and let him leave the scene at high speed endangering others. If he takes off at high speed most police can not longer pursue so he's gone.
The guy was fleeing the scene. The cops shot at him while he was driving away. Not justifiable, In fact the cops created a more dangerous situation by shooting the guy while he was driving and his car plowed into an uninvolved motorist.

Reactions: CDW3333

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Don't you think it's old that police unjustifiably shoot and kill people?
Why do you say this? It's as bad as others saying everything is justified. No one has all the facts. You would think, Penn Stater's, of all folks, would get this. Just like the recent mass shootings where white males were blamed by thousands, including the media, when that's not what happened. Why is everyone in such a damn rush? Wait for the GD facts.

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
The guy was fleeing the scene. The cops shot at him while he was driving away. Not justifiable, In fact the cops created a more dangerous situation by shooting the guy while he was driving and his car plowed into an uninvolved motorist.
You also don't know whether this was justified or not. Do you know exactly what Minnesota law states? Do you know all the information from the arrest? No, you don't know any of it. It's pure speculation on your part.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
You also don't know whether this was justified or not. Do you know exactly what Minnesota law states? Do you know all the information from the arrest? No, you don't know any of it. It's pure speculation on your part.
Exactly. At what moment did the officer fire? Is it justified to shoot a suspect fleeing in a vehicle ? Why would it be justified?
There are plenty of questions to ask that guys like him never do.
If the suspect goes to get in the vehicle he could grab a weapon so I can see them shooting at him then. Did he drive towards any people or officers? Another case where maybe it's justified .

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
Cops are supposed to serve and protect. Shooting a fleeing suspect who is not posing a threat is not justifiable. Not only did the cops kill the suspect, but they placed others in jeopardy by causing a motor vehicle accident. I can certainly wait until all the facts come out before final judgement, but this does not look good for the cops.
It's pretty simple. Cops are not supposed to kill people.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Cops are supposed to serve and protect. Shooting a fleeing suspect who is not posing a threat is not justifiable. Not only did the cops kill the suspect, but they placed others in jeopardy by causing a motor vehicle accident. I can certainly wait until all the facts come out before final judgement, but this does not look good for the cops.
You say a lot of stupid crap , like this . Cops are tasked to arrest and can use force up to and including lethal force. It's the law and they are trained in the use of force up to and including lethal force .
You aren't . Why don't you wait until you see all the evidence prior to making a conclusion? But you won't , you prefer spouting off and displaying your ignorance.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Was he driving away alone? How do you know he wasn't a threat?

LdN

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Was he driving away alone? How do you know he wasn't a threat?

LdN
We don't know yet exactky when the officers fired and where he was in the vehicle and where our was.
I'll add any use of force is potentially deadly. A simple struggle might cause a heart attack or you fall to the ground with a suspect and they hit their head. Think a football tackle that ends up breaking the neck of a tackler. Most tackles are fine.
No time will using force ever be perfect and risk free, when you resist arrest and force is applied you've raised your risk of injury and or death. Every single time.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

Ahh, not really.

As officers attempted to take the individual into custody, the driver re-entered the vehicle. An officer then discharged their firearm, striking the driver.

The perp drove away AFTER he was shot. He as not shot while fleeing in the car.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Ahh, not really.

As officers attempted to take the individual into custody, the driver re-entered the vehicle. An officer then discharged their firearm, striking the driver.

The perp drove away AFTER he was shot. He as not shot while fleeing in the car.
Jason is a moron.

Reactions: psuted

DandyDonII

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2002
No idea if shooting was justified, but a couple of simple rules to significantly reduce your chances of being shot by the police (with exception of being killed in crossfire)
1) don't commit a crime and
2) if suspected of committing a crime then don't resist.....

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
You base this on what? The law? What state law? Your's is nothing but an opinion. Cops shoot at speeding cars all the time to stop others from being hurt or killed. Particularly if they are fleeing on the wrong side of the road, driving into traffic. It is their duty to stop criminals that could harm others. If the perpetrator is believed to be an immanent threat, police can absolutely shoot a fleeing suspect, including in the back. The SCOTUS ruled on this in the 1985 case, Tennessee v Garner. The key point was an immanent threat. Furthermore, each state has its own fleeing laws. None of this is black and white. The real point here is simply that, you made a authoritative statement which is not only not true, you don't have any facts regarding the situation, or what the officers thought was the situation. In other words, you're going after the police on no basis. You don't know. We all need to wait for the facts to come out.

CDW3333

Mar 10, 2010
Minnesota law doesn't matter.

The Supreme Court has ruled that deadly force can only be used : "when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, the officer may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

Tennessee v. Garner

I'm not seeing that here.

Hotshoe

Administrator
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Minnesota law doesn't matter.

The Supreme Court has ruled that deadly force can only be used : "when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, the officer may not use deadly force to prevent escape unless "the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

Tennessee v. Garner

I'm not seeing that here.
You don't know what happened, either. I also listed Tennessee v Garner.