ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatching Lee vs Eierman NCAA

Is it really too much to ask a company to specifically cater to use specifically at all times? COME ON NIKE!

I had dark blue wrestling shoes back in the '60s. Almost everyone had those Converse sneakers back then -what were they made of, burlap?-, except for the rare Tiger owners, who had either white or black nylon shoes. A Tiger representative came to my college and left two sample pairs. I grabbed both of them. They were blue! (Pretty close to NitBlue) One was my size, and I sent the other pair to my brother at Miami, OH. I was the only one I saw wearing blue wrestling shoes. And I was undefeated in them till they were stolen. That ticked me off.

When I was a kid I wore black PF Flyers … Life used to be good.
Was we wrestlers once… and young? 😪😀

fKj919HWHPDT5lwKuf5L6ln3Y1eBPUp8s8a-MpsOhcmae908lKMZJrQ5aZL5KcGOq7hWAWKaVJoPfQ=s200

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Why can’t Nike make wrestling shoes in PSU blue instead of royal blue.

Actually, the official Penn State Blue IS a royal blue, not a navy blue. (PSU Visual Identity Standards: Colors)

Remember when PSU redesigned their official mark a few years ago and people flipped out because they thought they were using the wrong shade of blue. The fact is that the new design was actually using the correct, official shade of blue.

psuoldvsnewlogo.png

People seem to forget that Paterno was responsible for the most drastic change to the uniform. He changed the color from a royal blue to a navy blue in the late 60s.

Here's a Nov 2, 1968 picture taken for Sports Illustrated. Notice the Royal blue jersey, but the helmet stripe and numbers are navy blue.

PSUUniNov02-1968SportsIllustrated.jpg

Here's a Oct 25, 1969 picture taken for Sports Illustrated with the entire uni in navy blue.
PSUUniOct25-1969SportsIllustrated.jpg

Since all PSU teams have switched to navy blue over the years, people mistakenly believe that navy is the official university color.

Actually, the official Penn State Blue IS a royal blue, not a navy blue. (PSU Visual Identity Standards: Colors)

Remember when PSU redesigned their official mark a few years ago and people flipped out because they thought they were using the wrong shade of blue. The fact is that the new design was actually using the correct, official shade of blue.

psuoldvsnewlogo.png

People seem to forget that Paterno was responsible for the most drastic change to the uniform. He changed the color from a royal blue to a navy blue in the late 60s.

Here's a Nov 2, 1968 picture taken for Sports Illustrated. Notice the Royal blue jersey, but the helmet stripe and numbers are navy blue.

PSUUniNov02-1968SportsIllustrated.jpg

Here's a Oct 25, 1969 picture taken for Sports Illustrated with the entire uni in navy blue.
PSUUniOct25-1969SportsIllustrated.jpg

Since all PSU teams have switched to navy blue over the years, people mistakenly believe that navy is the official university color.
Let's just go back to pink and black and be done with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT