ADVERTISEMENT

Reviving the PSU Hoops free board!

Not sure why it was taken down by the previous regime in the first place, but we have revived the Penn State Basketball free board -- so have at it!

It was taken down due to non-use. Often it was actually more shameful than not when opposing fans would pop to that board and see nobody there. In a way it was a reflection of our program.

The McA board had frequent hoops posts, often by the same folks, but since the audience was already there it was effective. Maybe things will be different under Shrew...but that seems to be what we always say.

Good luck with it!

It was taken down due to non-use. Often it was actually more shameful than not when opposing fans would pop to that board and see nobody there. In a way it was a reflection of our program.

The McA board had frequent hoops posts, often by the same folks, but since the audience was already there it was effective. Maybe things will be different under Shrew...but that seems to be what we always say.

Good luck with it!
Agree. Bball posts are relatively few and generally only come during games, or when specific news happens. I think it's fair to say there aren't people today that come here for PSU hoops talk.
I enjoy the PSU Bball posts here on what used to be Nittany Lounge.
IMHO, the realities of the BBall program don't require a discrete board and due to the infrequent news, I'm unlikely to bother checking over there regularly. Heck, at this point, the level of activity on the Football board relatively abysmal. Now we probably have 2 poorly performing boards instead of 1. Segmenting out the FB and BB boards will probably hurt overall engagement for Rivals since less eyeballs will see the BBall posts. Time will tell, and I have no say in the matter of course, but if I had a vote, I'd vote to keep things consolidated at this point. Best of luck!

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
If the mods want to grow the hoops board, they need to actually move basketball threads that appear here to the basketball board. Allowing basketball posts to be split between the two will only ensure the death of the basketball forum.

If the mods want to grow the hoops board, they need to actually move basketball threads that appear here to the basketball board. Allowing basketball posts to be split between the two will only ensure the death of the basketball forum.
Don't disagree, but do you believe there is a market, at this time, for Rivals to grow PSU engagement with people coming here for basketball? IMHO, the BB board will likely wind up with a bunch of 3 mos old threads on the first page with few views. Time will tell.

Don't disagree, but do you believe there is a market, at this time, for Rivals to grow PSU engagement with people coming here for basketball? IMHO, the BB board will likely wind up with a bunch of 3 mos old threads on the first page with few views. Time will tell.
I think with Shrewsberry leading the way, it might be more popular than you think!!

Pickett, Wynter, dread, Lundy, Henn. 6th is Funk or Johnson. Could also see us go small and substitute Funk to start over Henn. Really just hope Henn can give us 10 to 15 minutes and the freshman cover another 15 or so. Mahaffey could also surprise and play in the small lineup.

Reactions: NC2017
Pickett, Wynter, dread, Lundy, Henn. 6th is Funk or Johnson. Could also see us go small and substitute Funk to start over Henn. Really just hope Henn can give us 10 to 15 minutes and the freshman cover another 15 or so. Mahaffey could also surprise and play in the small lineup.
Funk can’t play the 5. He likely won’t even see a single minute at the 4. He’s a 2 or 3. Believe it or not, he went the entire season last year without an offensive rebound while playing 1171 minutes.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Never said Funk would play 5. Just that I could see him on the floor in a small ball lineup. Lundy or dread would defend the opposing center. Notice I didn't mention him when talking about PT for Henn, Lilley & Njie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT