ADVERTISEMENT

Rest of 2018 season

PennStateTurf2002

Aug 28, 2010
If it were me, starting now I get all players not redshirting who are playing behind departing or older players who aren’t making a significant impact a good bit of time so 2019 isn’t a learning experience the first 3 weeks. That includes getting QB reps where possible for Stevens and Clifford. Even if just a series a half or when they have good field position, etc. Trace should play a majority but I think i sprinkle these guys in and give them a chance to start playing for 2019 job at the QB position. Since the bowl game is so important for young players. Anyone who has games remaining before redshirt, I play them back from the bowl....example, Shorter plays Bowl game and last 2 regular season games since he has 3 games left. This season is toast, let’s get ready for 2019 so they aren’t gaining their first major experience the first month of 2019

Reactions: JoeFi
I am a huge Trace fan but what good does it make at this point for him to play every down other then to rewrite individual records in the penn state record book? Trace should have got more time as a freshman. Jake P should have got some more field goal looks early this season when games weren’t so important. Sometimes it isn’t the best thing for inexperienced players to be rushed into getting experience. Right now there isn’t gonna be a ton of pressure on these kids and this is a perfect time to gain some experience

It will end up as a run-of-the mill 9-3 season.

Looking forward to basketball season, actually. Chambers is on the hot seat, needing to produce a tournament appearance, and also has a team with the ability to make some noise. I think this basketball season will be very intense.

Looking forward to basketball season, actually. Chambers is on the hot seat, needing to produce a tournament appearance, and also has a team with the ability to make some noise. I think this basketball season will be very intense.

Chambers is not on the hot seat, though he should be. With his extension, he is under contract for four years. PSU isn't going to absorb that much of a buyout unless he goes 2 and whatever.

I am a huge Trace fan but what good does it make at this point for him to play every down other then to rewrite individual records in the penn state record book? Trace should have got more time as a freshman. Jake P should have got some more field goal looks early this season when games weren’t so important. Sometimes it isn’t the best thing for inexperienced players to be rushed into getting experience. Right now there isn’t gonna be a ton of pressure on these kids and this is a perfect time to gain some experience

Yeah quitting is always a great message to send. SMFH. I will agree with one thing you said though. Jake should have had more opportunities in earlier games. That was a mistake.

Chambers is not on the hot seat, though he should be. With his extension, he is under contract for four years. PSU isn't going to absorb that much of a buyout unless he goes 2 and whatever.

Well nobody seems to know what he gets paid, or what his buyout is.

PSU fired Jerry Dunn two years into a four-year deal, and that was under the old regime who seemed far cheaper than this one.

Reactions: BarryPSU
Well nobody seems to know what he gets paid, or what his buyout is.

PSU fired Jerry Dunn two years into a four-year deal, and that was under the old regime who seemed far cheaper than this one.

A three year buyout will run into seven figures and PSU isn't gonna eat it.

I don’t want to quit or throw in the towel. Our players are super talented, even the young guys down the depth chart. Seeing Tommy play a little QB is hardly throwing in the towel. I still want to see this team win 10 games and have a good bowl win and I think they can do it and also prepare some guys for 2019 at the same time.

I don’t want to quit or throw in the towel. Our players are super talented, even the young guys down the depth chart. Seeing Tommy play a little QB is hardly throwing in the towel. I still want to see this team win 10 games and have a good bowl win and I think they can do it and also prepare some guys for 2019 at the same time.

Stop trying to make sense.

So it is the typical JoePa year of 9-3. Right now, our guys are not making plays. I long for the days where a JoePa DB rarely dropped an INT.

ADVERTISEMENT