ADVERTISEMENT

Request for THON Donations

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
THON Weekend 2018 takes place on Feb. 16-18, 2018.

This is my annual post to request that you consider donating to THON. It's very easy to do online.

I've mentioned in the past that with all the amazing events I've attended at PSU, the most emotional I've ever been is when I attended THON. The energy the students exhibited was unbelievable. The love and support they gave to the THON kids was breathtaking. The amount raised was stunning.

In addition to the overall good all donations do for the kids, the dollars donated also help the organizations and individuals that are the backbone of THON. The number of dancers that each frat/sorority is allocated each year is predicated on how much that Greek organization raises the previous. The same holds true for the general THON organizations. Lastly, the Independent Dancer Couples get to dance at THON on a combination of how much they raise as well as a lottery.

THON donations can be made at THIS LINK.

If you scroll down on the page that the above link takes you to, there are four options:

DONATE NOW -- this is a donation that does not support any organization or dance couple; just a donation to THON
General Organizations DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a general organization in terms of how much they raise/how many dancers they get next year
Greek Organizations DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a Greek organization in terms of how much they raise/how many dancers they get next year
Independent Dancer Couples DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a specific dance couple

If you've already given since the 2017 THON, I thank you for your generosity. Perhaps between now and the end of the 2018 THON, you'll be motivated to give a bit more.

For those of you that are inclined to donate, but have no specific organization/dance couple you wish to support, I would ask that you donate to support the Greek Organizations of Lambda Chi Alpha or Pi Beta Phi. (That's just a suggestion, and I take no offense if any of you donate in support of any other organization, or dance couple.)

Thanks for your consideration, and let's help the PSU students, and the kids they support!

FTK!

This is my annual post to request that you consider donating to THON. It's very easy to do online.

I've mentioned in the past that with all the amazing events I've attended at PSU, the most emotional I've ever been is when I attended THON. The energy the students exhibited was unbelievable. The love and support they gave to the THON kids was breathtaking. The amount raised was unbelievable.

In addition to the overall good all donations do for the kids, the dollars donated also help the organizations and individuals that are the backbone of THON. The number of dancers that each frat/sorority is allocated each year is predicated on how much that Greek organization raises the previous. The same holds true for the general THON organizations. Lastly, the Independent Dancer Couples get to dance at THON on a combination of how much they raise, as well as a lottery.

If you scroll down on the page that the above link takes you to, there are these options:

DONATE NOW -- this is a donation that does not support any organization or dance couple; just a donation to THON
General Organizations DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a general organization in terms of how much they raise/how many dancers they get next year
Greek Organizations DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a Greek organization in terms of how much they raise/how many dancers they get next year
Independent Dancer Couples DONATE -- this is a donation that goes to THON, but also supports a specific dance couple

If you've already given since the 2017 THON, I thank you for your generosity. Perhaps between now and the end of the 2018 THON, you'll be motivate to give a bit more.

For those of you that are inclined to donate, but have no specific organization/couple you wish to support, I would ask that you donate to support the Greek Organizations of Lambda Chi Alpha or Pi Beta Phi. (That's just a suggestion, and I take no offense if any of you donate in support of any other organization, or dance couple.)

Thanks for your consideration, and let's help the PSU students, and the kids they support!

FTK!
Tom
My son, who is a senior in IST AND SHC, is dancing for Lamda. Are you a Lamda Brother? Thanks for you eloquent post on THON. My daughter danced for Atlas in 2008 and we’ve been huge supporters ever since. Seeing the effort this canners put in on cold days was heartwarming. THON is truly unique and some would say, transforming. Can’t wait to feel the energy this weekend. FTK

I've mentioned in the past that with all the amazing events I've attended at PSU, the most emotional I've ever been is when I attended THON. The energy the students exhibited was unbelievable. The love and support they gave to the THON kids was breathtaking. The amount raised was unbelievable.

In addition to the overall good all donations do for the kids, the dollars donated also help the organizations and individuals that are the backbone of THON. The number of dancers that each frat/sorority is allocated each year is predicated on how much that Greek organization raises the previous. The same holds true for the general THON organizations. Lastly, the Independent Dancer Couples get to dance at THON on a combination of how much they raise, as well as a lottery.

If you scroll down on the page that the above link takes you to, there are these options:

If you've already given since the 2017 THON, I thank you for your generosity. Perhaps between now and the end of the 2018 THON, you'll be motivate to give a bit more.

For those of you that are inclined to donate, but have no specific organization/couple you wish to support, I would ask that you donate to support the Greek Organizations of Lambda Chi Alpha or Pi Beta Phi. (That's just a suggestion, and I take no offense if any of you donate in support of any other organization, or dance couple.)

FTK!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
THON never ceases to amaze me. I donate every year and try to stop by at some point each year to show support. It’s hard to describe the feeling in the BJC during THON. It’s electric and also feels like you’re in the midst of something bigger than all of us.

I've mentioned in the past that with all the amazing events I've attended at PSU, the most emotional I've ever been is when I attended THON. The energy the students exhibited was unbelievable. The love and support they gave to the THON kids was breathtaking. The amount raised was stunning.

In addition to the overall good all donations do for the kids, the dollars donated also help the organizations and individuals that are the backbone of THON. The number of dancers that each frat/sorority is allocated each year is predicated on how much that Greek organization raises the previous. The same holds true for the general THON organizations. Lastly, the Independent Dancer Couples get to dance at THON on a combination of how much they raise as well as a lottery.

If you scroll down on the page that the above link takes you to, there are four options:

If you've already given since the 2017 THON, I thank you for your generosity. Perhaps between now and the end of the 2018 THON, you'll be motivated to give a bit more.

For those of you that are inclined to donate, but have no specific organization/dance couple you wish to support, I would ask that you donate to support the Greek Organizations of Lambda Chi Alpha or Pi Beta Phi. (That's just a suggestion, and I take no offense if any of you donate in support of any other organization, or dance couple.)

FTK!
FYI Tom, over the past week, I've tried 4 times to donate using this site. Every time I received an error message. I finally called the Thon website number and was able to donate. They mentioned that many people were having problems with the website.

FYI Tom, over the past week, I've tried 4 times to donate using this site. Every time I received an error message. I finally called the Thon website number and was able to donate. They mentioned that many people were having problems with the website.

thanks for the info, and thanks for your persistence.

Well said Tom. Thanks for the reminder!

I’ve been following this board for quite some time. I rarely post...probably been years going back to the other view.

For those reading, I will make my once per few years post. Take 2 minutes and donate something to THON. It means more than you could ever imagine.

DTM

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
ADVERTISEMENT