ADVERTISEMENT

Reports that MD OL Jordan McNair passed away

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
had a heat stroke working out in early June and had a liver transplant. Hope its not true. Anyone hear anything?

DJ Moore‏Verified account@idjmoore
Rest In Peace Jordan McNair
1f54a.png
1f64f-1f3fe.png
Gone To Soon

had a heat stroke working out in early June and had a liver transplant. Hope its not true. Anyone hear anything?

DJ Moore‏Verified account@idjmoore
Rest In Peace Jordan McNair
1f54a.png
1f64f-1f3fe.png
Gone To Soon
I have not heard any thing (other than your report) more recent than he collapsed at practice , 6/6/18

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?s=maryland

There’s a very scary-sounding situation unfolding in College Park, one that began at some point last week.

Sunday, former Michigan associate head coach and state of Maryland high school football coaching legend Biff Poggi posted a tweet on Twitter asking his followers to offer up prayers for “Jordan McNair, his mom and dad, DJ Durkin and the entire Maryland team.” While Poggi offered up no details, FootballScoop.com followed that weekend tweet up by reporting Monday that the Terrapins offensive lineman collapsed during a strength & conditioning workout several days ago and remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Reactions: Obliviax
Rest in Peace. Always sad to hear about a young adult dying but having a player die doing what they love hits home a little harder for CFB fans. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the UMD football family.

Not sure if this has already been posted but I hadn't seen it. Much worse than originally thought--and I wonder if it was Durkin's idea not to shake our hands:

Would be REALLY, REALLY shocked if it was Durkin's idea.

This will take the heat further off Tosu and will enable urban to slip back to the sidelines without blowback.

This is worse in my opinion. This is directly tied to the program and has a kid’s death involved.

Have we learned nothing? This is an ESPN report. Probably all bs. Coaches being mean to players and calling them names? The horror!!!! This stuff goes on in junior highs across the country, let alone at the college level.

This reaks of ESPN trying to use a tragedy to push another one of their sanctimonious hit pieces.

Have we learned nothing? This is an ESPN report. Probably all bs. Coaches being mean to players and calling them names? The horror!!!! This stuff goes on in junior highs across the country, let alone at the college level.

Player dying of heatstroke is all bs?? Yeah, OK.

This reaks of ESPN trying to use a tragedy to push another one of their sanctimonious hit pieces.

Jordan McNair’s body temperature didn’t hit 106 degrees because he was being coddled. Sure ESPN jumped in with the hit piece, but DJ Durkin never struck me as the tooth fairy.

I'm no fan of ESPN, but I hope you take the time to read the piece. There's considerable material covered, and now a real death.

Reactions: step.eng69
I'm no fan of ESPN, but I hope you take the time to read the piece. There's considerable material covered, and now a real death.

So are you saying Durkin should be charged with murder?

A kid can die of heatstroke at practice without the coaching staff being full of Hitlers.

It's possible that Durkin is a crazed maniac who needs to lose his job. I'm just saying I won't take ESPNs word for it. Some of the stuff in that article was absurd. Coaches demeaning players, calling them names, etc. That happens at every level of football, everywhere. Seems to me ESPN is trying to craft another one of their doozies (e.g. covered up for a known pedophile to protect the reputation of the football program).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT