ADVERTISEMENT

Report: OSU will name Day “Coach in Waiting”. Urbz gone?

I don't know if that is accurate. Two trustees, who spoke off the record to a Buckeye fan boy, claimed that the "majority" of trustees wanted Urbs back with just "time served." If I recall correctly they said it was fair to call that the opinion of the majority......but did not claim it was "unanimous."
So they fire the president? What about Gene Smith......he can't be too damn happy that Urbs never told him about 09 and ignored his recommendation to fire ZS earlier. It got Gene suspended as well. I think this makes for some tense cocktail parties in Columbus. Drake took a stand. Urbs feels "betrayed" and something has to give.

Yes, I think Meyer feels betrayed and embarrassed. You are correct on the "majority" statement. So there very well may be some people with strong feelings about Meyer and his actions.

"They just listened. It was not unanimous, or near-unanimous, so saying that would not be accurate.” There must have been some who wanted a stronger punishment.

If Urban leaves, so does Schiano, Wilson, LJ, etc.... still like Urban to take over the Browns. Can’t imagine Hue Jackson surviving another year.

He would be badly exposed as an NFL coach and he already has that template from Saban and Spurrier.

ADVERTISEMENT