ADVERTISEMENT

Football Report: Brent Pry expected to be next head coach at Virginia Tech

What coaches will he take with him? Will there be a gentleman’s agreement between he and CJF?

I could see JS Jr because I think he was a Pry recommendation or connection I thought.

Take whatever you can. See Lincoln Riley for current example. I'm sure Kelly will do the same. Dog eat dog.
Those are HC’s moving on and taking their staff with them rather than an assistant leaving and taking a few with him. I get the dog eat dog sentiment though.

guess we’ll see Franklin put that new assistant coaches salary pool to use.

Reactions: katchthis
Those are HC’s moving on and taking their staff with them rather than an assistant leaving and taking a few with him. I get the dog eat dog sentiment though.

guess we’ll see Franklin put that new assistant coaches salary pool to use.
Yep....can Pry pay them at VT? If they are moving up to a DC or OC job but probably not a lateral. Other than that, it is about the Benjamins

Reactions: uscgPSU
Reactions: MacNit07
This is good news on many levels:
Pry gets a good job
DCs around the nation see that psu can be a stepping stone
And Franklin gets an opportunity to upgrade to a premier defensive coordinator on the same level as Yancich.

All is fine UNLESS he promotes from within like he did with Rahne, but he showed with Yancich that he is capable of a hone run

"And Franklin gets an opportunity to upgrade to a premier defensive coordinator on the same level as Yancich."

Umm let see MY decision pay off before anointing genius. Firing KC looks stupid as we won 4 straight in 2020 while this team collapsed badly at year end.

ADVERTISEMENT