ADVERTISEMENT

Renteria to Iowa

Some good analogies here, none really applicable but it is what it is. The 'enrolled student' following the coach being differentiated from someone requesting to break a binding LOI to follow a coach....but it is what is. For a team that never threatens the 'king' you sure do spend a lot of time and effort addressing their efforts.

Some good analogies here, none really applicable but it is what it is. The 'enrolled student' following the coach being differentiated from someone requesting to break a binding LOI to follow a coach....but it is what is. For a team that never threatens the 'king' you sure do spend a lot of time and effort addressing their efforts.
It isn't the perceived threat from the number 3 or 4 program in the country. Rarely is the fun poked at Hawk wrestlers.

Just enjoying poking fun at the biggest and while much more humble than a decade ago, most obnoxious fan base in college wrestling.

Just enjoying poking fun at the biggest and while much more humble than a decade ago, most obnoxious fan base in college wrestling.

That might be a little unfair to Iowa in that Rutgers might have passed them in that category, perennial top ten team and everything.

Reactions: nitlion6
That might be a little unfair to Iowa in that Rutgers might have passed them in that category, perennial top ten team and everything.
Size of fan base or program quality? I checked on nj.com for some clarity, but all I could find was something about it was Cael's fault.

Reactions: matter7172
It isn't the perceived threat from the number 3 or 4 program in the country. Rarely is the fun poked at Hawk wrestlers.

Biggest? So size does matter, those lying beyotches

Biggest? So size does matter, those lying beyotches
Dude,
While we on the boyz side exaggerate regularly, they on the girls side all fib once in a while. Our feelings can't stand the hurt of their regular honesty.

I don't know where to begin, lol.

How many 141s can one program have with all this over-recruiting;

Where is the money coming from, I thought they played by the rules and were tapped out yet DeSanto and now Renteria are transferring in;

Iowa's room is fast becoming the half way house of college wrestling. They should of kept PDIII around as an adviser.

Kind of scary how much firepower Iowa is bringing in and it still won't really matter in March

Iowa v PSU TY:
125 Iowa >> PSU
133 Iowa > PSU
141 PSU > Iowa
149 Toss (Call it Iowa > PSU)
157 PSU >> Iowa
165 PSU > Iowa
174 PSU > Iowa
184 PSU >> Iowa
197 PSU > Iowa
HWT PSU > Iowa

Maybe next year :confused:

Reactions: CentexLion
Kind of scary how much firepower Iowa is bringing in and it still won't really matter in March

Iowa v PSU TY:
125 Iowa >> PSU
133 Iowa > PSU
141 PSU > Iowa
157 PSU >> Iowa
165 PSU > Iowa
174 PSU > Iowa
184 PSU >> Iowa
197 PSU > Iowa
HWT PSU > Iowa

Most likely no dual, so the first match up will be Big10s.
Iowa wins 125 and finishes behind PSU at the other 9 weights.

Reactions: CentexLion

Iowa v PSU TY:
125 Iowa >> PSU
133 Iowa > PSU
141 PSU > Iowa
157 PSU >> Iowa
165 PSU > Iowa
174 PSU > Iowa
184 PSU >> Iowa
197 PSU > Iowa
HWT PSU > Iowa

Excited to see RBY at 133. I seen limited action of him from film. Seems to be full of energy.

Yeah, I certainly do not say Iowa is greater at 133, of course depending on who is starting.

I'd take Bravo-Young over DeSanto or Renteria without a doubt. Of course there are numerous Iowa fans that think either of those guys will beat Young because they are now have the right coaches and are training at lightweight U. Then when Young proves to be better, they will start sulking about how Young was the higher recruit (barely) and it isn't fair. It's a cycle that seems to keep repeating itself.

Last edited:
I'd take Bravo-Young over DeSanto or Renteria without a doubt. Of course there are numerous Iowa fans that think either of those guys will beat Young because they are now have the right coaches and are training at lightweight U. Then when Young proves to be better, they will start sulking about how Young was the higher recruit (barely) and it isn't fair. It's a cycle that seems to keep repeating itself.
This X 100.
The whole lineup with 10 AAs and 5 or 6 finalists and that is this year. Just wait until next year when they shut the Lions out.

Reactions: D3wrestler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT