ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when OSU fans invented the rumor that James Franklin reported Chase Young's NCAA violation?

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
How many times have they made up lies about James Franklin now? BTW, if CJF ever DOES learn about such transgressions, I would fully hope and expect him to report to the appropriate authorities.

Last edited:
Anybody with a shred of intelligence and objective critical thinking ability would immediately call bullshit on any suggestion that James Franklin called this in.

If Franklin wanted to snitch for the purpose of knocking Chase Young out, he'd do so the week or two before November 23rd. Doing this in early November makes absolutely no sense, particularly when everybody with any semblance of a functioning brain knew that Young would be reinstated before the stretch run.

The only people who would believe something like this are the shit-for-brains Bucknut fanboys that are looking for somebody to blame other than their own prized star player for blatantly violating an NCAA regulation.

Good Lord.

IF CJF was the whistle-blower, I would have hoped he would have whistled closer to the game with tOSU, not 4-5 weeks ahead of time.

Maybe it was Jimmy sending up smoke signals from one of his campfire sleep-overs?

Reactions: pandaczar12
Secondly, by listening to the Baghdad Bob-ish propaganda coming out of Gene Smith and the Ohio State program today, I'm under the impression that Chase Young is the type of honest kid that should make us all proud to be fans of the sport.

I mean, if he's so honest and so forthcoming about it, then why would anybody need to blow the whistle?

The Ohio State fanboy machine can't even get their message straight.

(Edit: I'm sure Chase is actually a fine young man, and I certainly don't wish him ill. He made a mistake, and shouldn't be crucified for it. But the "I'm so proud of him" nonsense is simply at odds with everything we know about this story)

Did Chase call Franklin up and confide in him or what? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Edit: That twitter account has seven followers FWIW.

Reactions: LionJim
So now we believe Mean Gene? I want to keep score ....

I wouldn't take his word for it.

Instead, let's exercise the absolute minimum cognitive function, because that alone should be sufficient to nullify a suggestion that James Franklin was somehow behind this.

This isn't hard, folks. Find somebody to blame other than Chase Young himself, and who makes the best sense? Why, the upcoming opponent for Ohio State's marquee home game on November 23! What better way to get the Bucks juiced up than to create a bit of high drama intrigue.

This is the sort of rumor that proliferates like wildfire online because people believe what they want to believe without exercising any shred of independent critical thinking. Not the strong suit of the Bucknut fanboys, from what I've seen.

Reactions: odshowtime
@BucksLAN @map-#1 and @osu68 just learned that they can't blame Franklin or Penn State . . .

ohio-state-crying-man1_original.jpg
Who was blaming PSU other than some idiot OSU fan boys? I never once thought it was Franklin. It wouldnt make any sense. If it was Franklin he would have waited until after the Rutgers game to do this, so he can avoid The Predator.

I think it was idiot Zach Smith who released the BS info about CJF. OSU AD emphatically denied the rumors in his presser today that it was the Maryland staff or CJF who blew the whistle.

As much as I don't trust Gene Smith to do the right thing, I believe him when he says the allegations did NOT come from another Big Ten school. It's weird how someone would make up a rumor saying otherwise. Conference drama. Awesome. Sounds like junior high school.

As much as I don't trust Gene Smith to do the right thing, I believe him when he says the allegations did NOT come from another Big Ten school. It's weird how someone would make up a rumor saying otherwise. Conference drama. Awesome. Sounds like junior high school.
Well, considering it was weirdo Zach Smith who started the CJF rumor ……...

LJ Sr is still bitter about not being named headcoach after O'Brien left so he floats Franklin's name out there as the whistleblower to make him look bad.

Of course everyone eats it up and it's a big story.

LJ sr is very dirty folks.

Reactions: lionbacker
LJ Sr is still bitter about not being named headcoach after O'Brien left so he floats Franklin's name out there as the whistleblower to make him look bad.

That's a fact, folks. He would have sold his soul for Joe's job.

Smith is just stirring it up like he usually does, can't imagine most rational OSU fans would believe him.

All signs point to Locksley's staff being the snitch. FWIW a Maryland commit at Youngs HS decommitted.

Smith is just stirring it up like he usually does, can't imagine most rational OSU fans would believe him.

All signs point to Locksley's staff being the snitch. FWIW a Maryland commit at Youngs HS decommitted.

Did he get a loan recently from a "family friend?"

Why is a whistleblower needed in this case?
I could have sworn I heard the super honest, most honorable, captain, boy scout came forward and admitted his mistake. Nevermind that it was a almost a year later, meaning he played 8 games with that incredible guilt knowing he was unwittingly duped by a family friend into accepting a loan he did not need nor want.

Instead of OSU fans worrying about others turning them in for cheating, wouldn't it be easier for OSU to just stop cheating?? Nah.

THIS ^^^^^

I’m so tired of spin and fake outrage anymore.

Herby is praising the OSU player for ‘honesty’. The same OSU player that violated an ncaa rule in 2018 (IIRC) and kept silent through 2019.......until someone apparently turned him in.

He didn’t turn himself in. He sat on it for a year until he was caught. Honesty.......... Really?

On top of that, the OSU fan base is more outraged that someone dared to turn in their supposedly “honest” player........ (let that sink in for a moment)......... then they are that another Ohio St player was caught violating ncaa rules.......again. :rolleyes:

Why is a whistleblower needed in this case?
I could have sworn I heard the super honest, most honorable, captain, boy scout came forward and admitted his mistake. Nevermind that it was a almost a year later, meaning he played 8 games with that incredible guilt knowing he was unwittingly duped by a family friend into accepting a loan he did not need nor want.

“Loan”

Herby is praising the OSU player for ‘honesty’. The same OSU player that violated an ncaa rule in 2018 (IIRC) and kept silent through 2019.......until someone apparently turned him in.
Didn't Herby welcome Michah to College Gameday? Then the NCAA ruled is was infraction and, wait for it, as a punishment told tOSU to stop recruiting him. Harsh. :cool:

Of course! Franklin would absolutely jeopardize his relationship with Dematha Catholic - where two of his 2020 commits currently attend - by ratting out Dematha’s most prominent current alum to the NCAA. Makes sense.

Reactions: PearlSUJam

I think LJjr is happier where he's at now, but nice try

Reactions: step.eng69
Anybody with a shred of intelligence and objective critical thinking ability would immediately call bullshit on any suggestion that James Franklin called this in.

If Franklin wanted to snitch for the purpose of knocking Chase Young out, he'd do so the week or two before November 23rd. Doing this in early November makes absolutely no sense, particularly when everybody with any semblance of a functioning brain knew that Young would be reinstated before the stretch run.

The only people who would believe something like this are the shit-for-brains Bucknut fanboys that are looking for somebody to blame other than their own prized star player for blatantly violating an NCAA regulation.

Good Lord.

Well remember, no body goes to OSU to "play school."
Besides, this really seems like more of a khaki pants sleepover move.

Who was blaming PSU other than some idiot OSU fan boys? I never once thought it was Franklin. It wouldnt make any sense. If it was Franklin he would have waited until after the Rutgers game to do this, so he can avoid The Predator.

Serious question for you. Who does Gene Smith have pictures of that he is still your AD. I always ask my OSU friends and they just laugh

ADVERTISEMENT