ADVERTISEMENT

Rematch in the B1G CCG?

would love to see these guys again in the conference championship game.....give em another shot at us on a neutral field with the B1G title on the line

They should be ranked. They are clearly pretty good, as PSU is certainly a top 10 team with Barkley (though I'm no longer sure of top 5) and Iowa nearly won almost entirely on defense.

Moorhead now has to adapt to the fact that other coaches are figuring out what to do. The offesnsive playcalling was awful pretty much until the final drive. If PSU relies on Barkley to this extent in every game he is not going to make it through the season.

Even top teams have close games. USC has struggled at times in much less hostile environments, Michigan didn't look great, OU struggled against winless Baylor, OK St lost, Clemson was up 7 at home with 6 mins left in the 4th against BC... it happens. That is a helluva environment to perform in at night against a well coached team. This team has flaws but every team (other than Bama maybe) has flaws. Barkley bailed the O out tonight, be happy with the W, tip your cap to Iowa and lets move forward. Them and Wisconsin are both tough as well is Purdue it looks like and possibly Minnesota. The West will be interesting moving forward.

The West is a joke. OSU and Michigan "had" to be in the east to preserve tradition. It's wisconsin or nebraska in the west in perpetuity. Maybe an Iowa sneaks in once every 10 years, but there's a reason wisconsin/nebraska fans own 30% of the big 10 champ tickets in indy every year, they pre-buy them (OSU owns another 30%). That's why champ tickets were $6 on stub hub when we went last year.

The West is a joke. OSU and Michigan "had" to be in the east to preserve tradition. It's wisconsin or nebraska in the west in perpetuity. Maybe an Iowa sneaks in once every 10 years, but there's a reason wisconsin/nebraska fans own 30% of the big 10 champ tickets in indy every year, they pre-buy them (OSU owns another 30%). That's why champ tickets were $6 on stub hub when we went last year.

Nebraska is a dead end job now.

They should be ranked. They are clearly pretty good, as PSU is certainly a top 10 team with Barkley (though I'm no longer sure of top 5) and Iowa nearly won almost entirely on defense.

Moorhead now has to adapt to the fact that other coaches are figuring out what to do. The offesnsive playcalling was awful pretty much until the final drive. If PSU relies on Barkley to this extent in every game he is not going to make it through the season.
don't agree....how many passes tipped at the line and key penalties were there? Penn State was one or two plays in the red zone from dominating on the scoreboard just as much as they dominated in offensive yardage in the first half.....the play calling was fine and no he is not "figured out"

To be honest, Iowa's O is pathetic. They basically had 3 good plays all game. There is no way in Hell they get to the B1G Championship game.

Everything that Iowa needed to happen to have a chance to win this game happened.

And we still found a way to win. This is a character builder. Great teams need gut checks. Great teams need tough road games. We got both tonight.

Reactions: ATLPSU1
To be honest, Iowa's O is pathetic. They basically had 3 good plays all game. There is no way in Hell they get to the B1G Championship game.

Could be...but they also have a QB making his 4th start and his first against a nationally relevant team. Barkley is amazing and I think Iowa has now faced the best offense, by far that they'll see this year. I leave tonight's game crushed on some level, but I also leave it knowing PSU is really freaking good and that Iowa has a chance to win any game left on the schedule.

Reactions: ATLPSU1
Could be...but they also have a QB making his 4th start and his first against a nationally relevant team. Barkley is amazing and I think Iowa has now faced the best offense, by far that they'll see this year. I leave tonight's game crushed on some level, but I also leave it knowing PSU is really freaking good and that Iowa has a chance to win any game left on the schedule.

Your QB has a very good internal clock. His getting rid of the ball quickly avoided at least 3 potential sacks.

You guys still have Wisconsin and OSU left on the schedule. Both will likely be favored, but I think you have to sell out more on the run to have a shot at beating either. Primarily OSU, because I'm not sold on Barrett being able to beat a good defense with his arm.

I hope you guys continue to play well. A rematch in Indy would be fun.

would love to see these guys again in the conference championship game.....give em another shot at us on a neutral field with the B1G title on the line

Not going to happen. Wisky is much better than Iowa. And we gotta win in C'bus.

Don't agree with this talk about our ranking as just a top 10 team. We won the game with an impressive final drive. We will remain at number 4.

Why are our own fans so emotional over rankings? We get upset if somebody leaps us while eating cupcakes, yet want us to be dropped for a tough win. We are who we are. If we keep winning, we aren't dropping and we should not drop.

It's not happening and the sooner you realize this the better.

Goodbye HawkFan

Ur right, no chance 2 star recruits from Iowa farm towns make it that far even tho Nittany Lion almost lost to said farm kids.
Your crops are harvested and the soil is plowed under in anticipation of winter.

It's time for you to "tend to Mamma"
iowa-bikini-girl-1+-+Version+2.jpg

Not so fast. We have shown a disturbing trend to play well below our capabilities on the road over the past year. If we continue that trend, we are not walking out of Columbus with a w and will then have to hope the buckeyes lose two more to get back to Indy.

Iowa vs. Wisky will be a good one. Two very similar teams and the only two teams that have shown they belong in the West hunt (apologies to Minnesota, that boat isn't ready to be rowed)

His ankle may hurt him quite a bit this week, TBH. Don't be surprised if sanders gets more touches next week.

Not going to happen. Wisky is much better than Iowa. And we gotta win in C'bus.

They have more offensive weaponry but I'm not convinced any defense has or will play us as hard as Iowa's did. Things got better with RT position stability...

Is anyone who is qualified able to comment on the job Fries was doing at that position?

His ankle may hurt him quite a bit this week, TBH. Don't be surprised if sanders gets more touches next week.

He'll need plenty of ice and ibuprofen this week, but the way he was stretching it, it looked more like a calf injury than ankle

Why are our own fans so emotional over rankings? We get upset if somebody leaps us while eating cupcakes, yet want us to be dropped for a tough win. We are who we are. If we keep winning, we aren't dropping and we should not drop.

Not to mention no one else must watch any of the other games played. The floor fell out below us. Okie State lost and every other team in the top 10 were in dogfights.

Even top teams have close games. USC has struggled at times in much less hostile environments, Michigan didn't look great, OU struggled against winless Baylor, OK St lost, Clemson was up 7 at home with 6 mins left in the 4th against BC... it happens. That is a helluva environment to perform in at night against a well coached team. This team has flaws but every team (other than Bama maybe) has flaws. Barkley bailed the O out tonight, be happy with the W, tip your cap to Iowa and lets move forward. Them and Wisconsin are both tough as well is Purdue it looks like and possibly Minnesota. The West will be interesting moving forward.
Think of Clemson-NCSU last year.

Iowa will lose 4 games this year. They won't be in the championship game. It's pretty much going to be Wiscy every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT