Relax everyone, Joe has a plan to fix the inflation problem!

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Don't you all feel better now that we heard Joe's plan?

I did have a question or two about how these things will work, but I'm sure the press will get the vital details out when they question him now.

I'm still wondering how taxing the top 50 companies on the $40 Billion in profits that went untaxed last year will pay for all the NEW SPENDING he proposes to lower everybody's costs of living. Even if he taxed these companies at 50%, that's $ 20 Billion in new revenue....that's going to reduce the deficit? Not when the dope is forgiving multiple of that sum in student debt forgiveness and all the other BS programs he just announced. How many other companies and billionaires are also under paying taxes......would he get another $20 Billion total from all of them? That's peanuts compared to the trillions he would have spent on more giveaways if it weren't for Manchin single handedly stopping him.

And he had the nerve to take credit for reducing the yoy deficit by the largest amount in our history. Really? Someone else stopped your wild ass spending and that means you caused the deficit to fall from your prior year's even more wild ass spending and that was your plan all along? That's Left-onomics reasoning if I ever saw it.

And he STILL is blaming Putin for all the increases in the costs of energy AND now he's added the huge jump in the cost of food as Putin's fault as well. Talk about doubling down.......I guess next Putin will be behind the baby formula shortage, the jump in the inner city murder rate and the massive invasion taking place on our southern border. Why not? The 30 something % of people who still support him will buy it.

So, his plan to help Americans who are facing rampant inflation NOW in all the products they use daily, especially food and gas....is to lower their utility bills $500/yr, lower their internet costs and lower their drug costs.....hmmmm, yeah, that'll get it done when they are paying $5/gal for gas and their grocery bills are 30 to 50% higher for some basic items. And tax billionaires and tax cheating evil corporations. Oh, oh, oh, he's going to reduce gas prices by depleting the SPR ..... no worries there....who needs it and it's an endless source for us. Besides, you've seen gas prices at the pump dive since he did that the first time, right?

What he is proposing will worsen our ability to fight inflation. like everything he has done since he's been in office, it's close to the exact opposite of what he should actually be doing. The man definitely has the reverse Midas touch....everything he touches turns to sh!t....

Last edited:

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Don't you all feel better now that we heard Joe's plan?

I did have a question or two about how these things will work, but I'm sure the press will get the vital details out when they question him now.

I'm still wondering how taxing the top 50 companies on the $40 Billion in profits that went untaxed last year will pay for all the NEW FVCKING SPENDING he proposes to lower everybody's costs of living. Even if he taxed these companies at 50%, that's $ n20 Billion in new revenue....that's going to reduce the deficit? Not when the dope is forgiving multiple of that sum in student debt forgiveness and all the other BS programs he just announced. How many other companies and billionaires are also under paying taxes......would he get another $20 Billion total from all of them? That's peanuts compared to the trillions he would have spent on more giveaways if it weren't for Manchin single handedly stopping him.

And he had the nerve to take credit for reducing the yoy deficit by the largest amount in our history. Really, someone else stopped your wild ass spending and that means you caused the deficit to fall from when your prior year's wild ass spending and that was your plan all along? That's Left-onomics reasoning if I ever saw it.

And he STILL is blaming Putin for all the increases in the costs of energy AND now he's added the huge jump in the cost of food as Putin's fault as well. Talk about doubling down.......I guess next Putin will be behind the baby formula shortage, the jump in the inner city murder rate and the massive invasion taking place on our southern border. Why not? The 30 something % of people who still support him will buy it.

So, his plan to help Americans who are facing rampant inflation NOW in all the products they use daily, especially food and gas....is to lower there utility bills $500/yr, lower their internet costs and lower their drug costs.....hmmmm, yeah, that'll get it done when they are paying $5/gal for gas and their grocery bills are 30 to 50% higher for some basic items. And tax billionaires and tax cheating evil corporations. Oh, oh, oh, he's going to reduce gas prices by depleting the SPR ..... no worries there....who needs it and it's an endless source for us. Besides, you've seen gas prices at the pump dive since he did that the first time, right?

What he is proposing will worsen our ability to fight inflation. like everything he has done since he's been in office, it's close to the exact opposite of what he should actually be doing. The man definitely has the reverse Midas touch....everything he touches turns to sh!t....
At the very least you have to admit he does have a plan. Now please provide the detailed plan of the Repubs.
Specifics are required not just some 'bumper sticker' nonsense that blames Biden for everything.

Reactions: Catch50

michnittlion

Sep 3, 2003
Yes, let's tax the oil companies and take all their profits and give it to consumers! Absolutely!

That will REDUCE SUPPLY and INCREASE DEMAND!

Surely that will lead to lower prices! I mean, that's economics 101 right there. Let's quit putzing around, let's do this!

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Yes, let's tax the oil companies and take all their profits and give it to consumers! Absolutely!

That will REDUCE SUPPLY and INCREASE DEMAND!

Surely that will lead to lower prices! I mean, that's economics 101 right there. Let's quit putzing around, let's do this!
Stop throwing out nonsense and try to provide facts to support your claims.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
At the very least you have to admit he does have a plan. Now please provide the detailed plan of the Repubs.
Specifics are required not just some 'bumper sticker' nonsense that blames Biden for everything.

The plan has been presented on this forum multiple times. You don't like it, so you say it isn't a plan or that conservatives have no ideas.

In short, it involves cutting federal spending and deregulating to expand the supply of goods, energy in particular, since that is a larger drive of inflation. This is the exact opposite of the Democrat "plan."

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008

So that's how Washington works now? The Democrats create messes and then ask the Republicans for their plans to clean them up.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
The list is too long (and obvious) to go through here. Are you that far in the tank that you can't figure most of these things out for yourself?

But here are a few of the highlights:

Start with allowing oil companies to invest in all aspects of their production chain without fear that Biden will cut them off at the knees after they expend their cash to fill our current deficiencies. Allow new pipelines and foster (not hinder) exports of natural gas and oil after we have satisfied our own domestic needs. Refill, don't deplete, our SPR.

Stop with all the crazy giveaways (student debt forgiveness, etc) and vote buying taxpayer funded programs that pour even more disposable income into an economy that is already severely supply constrained.

Stop all illegal immigration and stop paying these illegals with goods and cash that could be directed to American citizens. Fix the immigration laws so that we allow needed workers with skills beyond lawn care into the country to fill high tech and other crucial jobs.

The crazy coot says over and over that he'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES to fix these problems....well, here's a newsflash, it takes doing a lot of stuff the far left won't allow and they are calling the shots in this Regime..... so just STFU with that hollow pledge...

The rest you can fill in by just doing the opposite of whatever Joe has proposed to do to "Build Back Better". Most people would be happy if he could just put it back the way he found it....

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion and Ski

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
So that's how Washington works now? The Democrats create messes and then ask the Republicans for their plans to clean them up.
That's their new talking point. We're in charge, but the Republicans are really to blame for all these debacles because they have no ideas to solve the problems we've created. Leftie "logic"...gotta love it...

Reactions: m.knox and Lion8286

michnittlion

Sep 3, 2003
Stop throwing out nonsense and try to provide facts to support your claims.

There is no "nonsense" in my claim. Just think about this:

1. If government taxes all of an oil company's profits, THEY HAVE LESS INCENTIVE TO PRODUCE. E.g., supply goes down.

2. If government then gives that money to consumers, THEY THEN HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND (on stuff like vacations). E.g., demand goes up (so does the inflation rate, for that matter).

Where exactly is the fault in the logic there?

Reactions: m.knox

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
There is no "nonsense" in my claim. Just think about this:

1. If government taxes all of an oil company's profits, THEY HAVE LESS INCENTIVE TO PRODUCE. E.g., supply goes down.

2. If government then gives that money to consumers, THEY THEN HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND (on stuff like vacations). E.g., demand goes up.

Where exactly is the fault in the logic there?
It's that "logic" part that is missing in the Leftists' analysis of the economy.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Why I act the way I do, your idea is stupid , stop suggesting stupid things. Edit, basically a synopsis of me responding to them.

Reactions: m.knox

junior1

May 29, 2001
how many times are you going to ask this same question? You've ignored every answer that has been given...and yet you ask one more time.

Reactions: m.knox and Dzapper

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Too much stimulus is a big part of the problem. Manchin and Sinema are hero's.

• Fiscal policy can directly stimulate activity in goods and services markets, but this can cause inflation and the distortion of markets.
#ENDSTIMULUSNOW.