ADVERTISEMENT

Refusal to run some sets

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
What bugs me the most about Rahne is when we run a set/formation and never return to it until it is stopped. Perfect example was a set we ran Saturday with Bowers and Friermuth split to the right side with a WR, I think it was Dotson. We ran Slade or Brown out of the backfield into the flat for a huge gain. NEVER lined up in that formation again! My question is WHY??? Not a football coach but I did coach bball at the HS and college level. I am smart enough to know that out of this formation you can run at least 10 different plays depending on how the defense plays it. As a former coach, I also know you run something that works until the other team stops it...

Absolutely a great point!

Hell, come back with the same play on the next play! Or flip the formation and run the same play to the other side. Or, as you say, the same looking play, but a variation off of it!

Run it again before their D gets off the field and has a chance to talk about it!

Bowers and Freirmuth were in a bunch formation with Dotson, I swear it is the only time I saw that package all year. Run it once for 38 yards and then scrap it. Sorry, I just don't getit. If I have the headset to Rahne I am telling him great formation, lets milk this thing.

Absolutely a great point!

Hell, come back with the same play on the next play! Or flip the formation and run the same play to the other side. Or, as you say, the same looking play, but a variation off of it!

Run it again before their D gets off the field and has a chance to talk about it!
Ah yes, everyone's favorite backyard football call.....
"Same thing other side":)

ADVERTISEMENT