ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins record of futility is something this Bills fan can appreciate

images

I still think the Bills getting to four consecutive Super Bowls was one of the most impressive achievements I've seen in sports. They were just snakebit in those games.

I still think the Bills getting to four consecutive Super Bowls was one of the most impressive achievements I've seen in sports. They were just snakebit in those games.

There was a great 30 for 30 called "The Four Falls of Buffalo" . . . I still remember the pain I felt when Norwood went wide right, and it never goes away.

Reactions: Wandering Spectator
Not much hope in old DC. At least not as long as Snyder remains the owner.
They’ve made a lot of smart moves and were on the right track, but the injuries this year completely derailed things...now, things get very complicated if the Smith injury is a longer term issue.

They’ve made a lot of smart moves and were on the right track, but the injuries this year completely derailed things...now, things get very complicated if the Smith injury is a longer term issue.
Agreed. They've drafted decently on the defensive side, and the defense is better than it has been in 10 years. The OL, when healthy, was solid as well. But merely competent at the skill positions. Absent the injuries, there was a reasonable shot the team would have made the playoffs, but it was never likely to advance. I'm also not optimistic that Smith will ever come back to what he was at age 35 after such a serious injury, which does double damage by putting the QB position in doubt and potentially killing the salary cap with lots of dead money.

ADVERTISEMENT