ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Recruiting Rumor Mill: June shaping up to be a big month

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Story via @Adam Gorney

The 2025 safety (Onis Konanbanny) from Rabun Gap (Ga.) Rabun Gap Nacoochee still has a long list of programs that he’s interested in but it starts with Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Florida State and Tennessee. But Konanbanny has nearly 20 offers and is not counting out any program yet but those seven programs have made an early jump in his recruitment.

The 2025 four-star offensive tackle (Jaelyne Matthews) from Toms River (N.J.) North has been committed to Penn State since January and there’s no reason to believe that he’s backing off that pledge but the Nittany Lions will have to navigate through some upcoming big-time SEC visits. Matthews will soon visit Georgia and there are plans being made to see Alabama and Auburn soon as well as more than 20 programs continue to pursue the four-star offensive lineman.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Doesn't Franklin have a policy that when you commit to Penn State, then you shut down your recruiting and visits? If so, then why is Jaelyne Matthews publicizing to the world that he is scheduling multiple visits? I have said it before and ill say it again, it's pretty clear that Franklin convinced Matthews to commit for publicity reasons. These things never end well for Penn State.

Doesn't Franklin have a policy that when you commit to Penn State, then you shut down your recruiting and visits? If so, then why is Jaelyne Matthews publicizing to the world that he is scheduling multiple visits? I have said it before and ill say it again, it's pretty clear that Franklin convinced Matthews to commit for publicity reasons. These things never end well for Penn State.

Plenty of players on the current roster took visits after committing. So much for that policy.

Plenty of players on the current roster took visits after committing. So much for that policy.
Franklin's policy is garbage and he is inconsistent in applying it. And its also ridiculous for posters on this site to say that Franklin never pressures a kid to commit to Penn State. Franklin pressures kids to commit all the time. And Franklin will accept the commitment of a kid who is unsure in their recruiting.

Franklin's policy is garbage and he is inconsistent in applying it. And its also ridiculous for posters on this site to say that Franklin never pressures a kid to commit to Penn State. Franklin pressures kids to commit all the time. And Franklin will accept the commitment of a kid who is unsure in their recruiting.

Your perception is garbage. You are talking about "Franklin's" policy as if it is written in stone. Where is the policy? In your first post you questioned if it was even a policy. You used question marks.

Anyone with a clue can read the tea leaves. 5* talents can take as many visits at they want.

PS. Do you think PSU should have pulled Miles Sanders offer when he visited MSU? Pretty sure Parsons took visits too.

Last edited:
Yeah, Matthews is in the Class of 2025, where the commits are just getting started.

Makes sense for him to look around; a little different if he were in Class of 2024.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
And you know this how? Yeah that’s what I thought. As my late father used to say, you can’t fix stupid.

Yeah, Matthews is in the Class of 2025, where the commits are just getting started.

Makes sense for him to look around; a little different if he were in Class of 2024.
getting a public commitment from a kid 2 years out has always seemed unrealistic to the kid and the school. Puts everyone in untenable situation and every kid at that stage should take multiple visits and have interactions with multiple coaches and programs. If I had a kid at that level I would very strongly council them to hold off on a decision till much closer to actual signing date for their class.

Reactions: 19333lion
getting a public commitment from a kid 2 years out has always seemed unrealistic to the kid and the school. Puts everyone in untenable situation and every kid at that stage should take multiple visits and have interactions with multiple coaches and programs. If I had a kid at that level I would very strongly council them to hold off on a decision till much closer to actual signing date for their class.
The voice of reason. I never get terribly excited about kids who are two years from signing the dotted line. This would suck if he were in the 2024 class.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT