ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Has there been any rumors or a school list released by Meyer Shapiro? I know he is at the top of most peoples list around these parts but I haven’t heard anything.

Reactions: kevin310 and mjmirv
He seems to be the type of student who would fit right in. The name can't hurt. Happy Thanksgiving to all board members, even those who favor Iowa.
He's another M2 kid.

1*957CF4ztyE2eVId5IbEiow.png

Jared McGill, former PIAA state champ from Chestnut Ridge, transferring from Pitt to Edinboro.
He had a competitive match against Starocci 2 years ago, was expecting him to qualify for the tournament and win a few matches last year but that didn't come close to happening. Good luck to him at Edinboro!

Reactions: PopSheetz
I talked to District 11 insider and he said Crookham might be done for the year with knee injury. Saucon missing maybe their 2 best wrestlers because of injuries and their still good . Also he said BECA is loaded with only 2 upper weights being a little thin.

The M2 wrestlers looked tough yesterday. I got to see the semis and finals. The Cunningham’s are for real. Perry is very solid in all three positions. Swish knocked off returning State champion, Solomon from Franklin Regional.

Becca had 8 freshmen on the pa power top 65 incoming freshmen list. They keep reloading. Not sure they all start in the Bethlehem parochial school. Nazareth also added some commuters and will be tough in D11. Did Waynesburg add anymore to their lineup

Becca had 8 freshmen on the pa power top 65 incoming freshmen list. They keep reloading. Not sure they all start in the Bethlehem parochial school. Nazareth also added some commuters and will be tough in D11. Did Waynesburg add anymore to their lineup
Pretty much doing what they've been doing for years. Nothing less than Bishop McCort.

Lol, Bassett has to be looking at BC and Faith Christian Academy and thinking “WTF why are they allowed to do it?”
Mccort are the only idiots who got caught. Maybe their will learn to keep their mouths shut and play the PIAA game the right way. D6 is a small town mindset and cried when St Joes had 4 solid wrestlers.

I wasn’t educated on the faith Christian situation until this weekend. They make the mccort thing look little with everyone they brought in. Go from terrible to compete neck and neck at Beast. Someone said at King of mountain yesterday they have kids from Ct, NJ, MD and Delaware. They are going to throttle AA.

Becca has been doing this for over a decade. I heard Hartman enjoys his teams dominating team states. NDGP had Unger who lived in NJ the entire time. Hartman said was fine.

Reactions: nitlion6
Becca has been doing this for over a decade. I heard Hartman enjoys his teams dominating team states. NDGP had Unger who lived in NJ the entire time. Hartman said was fine.
LOL, Hartman said no such thing because no D11 school filed a complaint over Ungar -- and that's because it's not against PIAA rules.

LOL, Hartman said no such thing because no D11 school filed a complaint over Ungar -- and that's because it's not against PIAA rules.

Hartman knows all this is going on in the Lehigh valley and doesn’t care. He is just worried about WPIAL schools. The whole PIAA is shady

Nope. If you live outside the state boundaries, you can go wherever you want and are accepted. If you live inside the state boundaries and your mom and dad move the family into a different school district, that's a big no-no.

Bottom line D11 is a free for all and Hartman & Lombardi are well aware of it. It’s been that way for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT