ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Carbanara? Is this pasta with bananas and motor oil? 5W30 in the winter and 30/40 in the summer?
“Yes,” say the wrenchers in the band. :)

Bananarama_-_Cruel_Summer.jpg

Reactions: 82bordeaux
So for 2022, sounds like Cael is all in for Mendez and Bouzakis and likely sees both fitting into our lineup. We have Haines already obviously. Big need is 157 since Haines is DEFINITELY not that but I don't think he sees any prospect in this class he wants to go all in on. Possible he still sees SVN being a 157 (like it was mentioned, Nolf was a 138 as a senior also) Joey Cruz was a kid I really wanted to go all in for (career 125 and very talented) but it looks like Cael is good with our 125 situation going forward (vs probably having to offer a nice chunk of change for Cruz)

Can see him going after a few senior year risers also. If he makes noise this class, we're in luxury recruiting mode going forward (as if we aren't already lol)

You said even if healthy he’d be low AA/rd 16 at best. That’s wishful thinking because you guys hate that he didn’t give Goodall the time of day.
A lot of Rutgers hate is due to your fan base’s horrendous leveraging of Sandusky. Even now, 10 years on, and you can’t have a thread on your board about PSU without an irrelevant and classless Sandusky crack. That’s the sign of a fan base with a lot of low class, wife-beater tshirt wearin’, cheesy moustache-sportin, Camaro-drivin’ goombahs
Yeah what he said

So for 2022, sounds like Cael is all in for Mendez and Bouzakis and likely sees both fitting into our lineup. We have Haines already obviously. Big need is 157 since Haines is DEFINITELY not that but I don't think he sees any prospect in this class he wants to go all in on. Possible he still sees SVN being a 157 (like it was mentioned, Nolf was a 138 as a senior also) Joey Cruz was a kid I really wanted to go all in for (career 125 and very talented) but it looks like Cael is good with our 125 situation going forward (vs probably having to offer a nice chunk of change for Cruz)

Can see him going after a few senior year risers also. If he makes noise this class, we're in luxury recruiting mode going forward (as if we aren't already lol)

Unless SVN hits a growth spurt, I don’t see it. Nolf was a taller and thinner HS senior with the frame to pack on weight. SVN does not have that frame. I see a 141/149lber in college, unless he turns into the Gorilla Hulk 2.0.

Reactions: McScoreley
Unless SVN hits a growth spurt, I don’t see it. Nolf was a taller and thinner HS senior with the frame to pack on weight. SVN does not have that frame. I see a 141/149lber in college, unless he turns into the Gorilla Hulk 2.0.
That makes sense! I'll definitely take your word for it haha.

@smalls103 2023 Big Board has been released. #1 in that class is Meyer Shapiro from Maryland ... projected weight 157 .... It seems Maryland isn't a deep state at all for talent but when a top talent is available, they are a BIG deal (Kyle Snyder, Aaron Brooks)

157, we don't have a clear solution going forward. I imagine he is a big time PSU target if he projects at 157 long term (wrestled 65KG at Cadets this year)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jplions4
@smalls103 2023 Big Board has been released. #1 in that class is Meyer Shapiro from Maryland ... projected weight 157 .... It seems Maryland isn't a deep state at all for talent but when a top talent is available, they are a BIG deal (Kyle Snyder, Aaron Brooks)

157, we don't have a clear solution going forward. I imagine he is a big time PSU time.
He has an excellent name to be a lawyer as well.

SVN could be a 4 time finalist, 3 time champ at 157 and we could collectively bemoan how he looks small.
It is one of those things we do.

SVN could be a 4 time finalist, 3 time champ at 157 and we could collectively bemoan how he looks small.
It is one of those things we do.
Given who TJB is, I'm inclined to believe him.

The caveat is that Shayne's dad Rod Van Ness was bigger in college (IIRC 167), so a spurt may still be coming.

Reactions: tjb249
Given who TJB is, I'm inclined to believe him.

The caveat is that Shayne's dad Rod Van Ness was bigger in college (IIRC 167), so a spurt may still be coming.
Yeah, I get who coach is. The point is still valid. If he wrestles 157 and is a 4 time time finalist there will be 100s of posts about how much smaller he is. The eye test and all.

Some nuggets from Willie today (Corby on vacation):

2022: Bouzakis and Rogers likely not committing soon

2023:
- it's ShaPIEro
- Mullen: not near deciding even which sport (possible football)
- Gabe Arnold (GA/Blair) was called by 28 coaches on Tuesday -- first was Brands, last was Cael
- Rocco Welsh: Willie was told it's PSU or Iowa, but seemed a little skeptical that it'll only be those 2 schools
- McGowan: Willie doesn't have any info on schools, thinks McGowan is long enough that he'll end up growing

Espy is a long way from Tempe for a 1 day clinic. Gotta think Zeke is visiting recruits in eastern PA/NJ.

Some nuggets from Willie today (Corby on vacation):

2022: Bouzakis and Rogers likely not committing soon

2023:
- it's ShaPIEro
- Mullen: not near deciding even which sport (possible football)
- Gabe Arnold (GA/Blair) was called by 28 coaches on Tuesday -- first was Brands, last was Cael
- Rocco Welsh: Willie was told it's PSU or Iowa, but seemed a little skeptical that it'll only be those 2 schools
- McGowan: Willie doesn't have any info on schools, thinks McGowan is long enough that he'll end up growing
Just put out a top 10 list today and PSU wasn't on it fwiw. Don't know how you guys ever recover from this setback.

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion
Just put out a top 10 list today and PSU wasn't on it fwiw. Don't know how you guys ever recover from this setback.
We have a huge logjam at his projected weight for a while so it makes sense (Carter here until 2025, Aaron 2024 assuming nobody takes an ORS and Aaron has his regular redshirt). Then Facundo and Haines are possibly in that range as well. Similar story to Gabe Arnold. I'm sure Cael will put offers out there but don't expect to get many upper weight kids coming up. I think PSU's top targets in 2023 will be Shapiro and possibly Kasak.

Reactions: js8793
Guess we'll have to lean on the multiple world team members in his weight range.

And apparently they do it with their balls hanging out...
The sellers? The Buyers? The people in poor countries that will obviously be getting them? Whose balls we talking about? PS: This is where someone will post "Pics or it didn't happen" Oopsie :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT