ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Very true. I was just being a smart ass. Forest Hilks would’ve had a very special group of homegrown talent without all the funny business that went on.
Lol BM IS THE FARTHEST THING FROM HOME GROWN!! Good yes, home grown far from it, 3 of the starters are from Jtown area they are all related, the rest nah ahh!!

What is going on with them and Faith academy. All the AAA in the St College aren’t happy if they get bumped up. With being in the state finals and Faith winning, don’t they get bumped regardless?
Bold prediction, neither Bassett or Forest wrestling anymore HS. Go to the Olympic training center or commit this summer. Go to that RTC. Them boys aren’t worried about winning state titles

Lol BM IS THE FARTHEST THING FROM HOME GROWN!! Good yes, home grown far from it, 3 of the starters are from Jtown area they are all related, the rest nah ahh!!

As far as I know Bassett, Gibson, Miller. Magro, Butler, McMullen, Butler and Spontak are all Forest Hills kids. That’s 7 SQ.

Sledzianowski FLA
Forrest NC
Herring TN
Rodriguez FL

I’m not a fan of these schools using their position to try and create a super team but it is what it is at this point.

This is confirmed, heard from a very close source last night Gibson is a scerlet knight. Best of luck to him. Seems like a nice kid, just stinks the way his HS played out after his quick start.

On a different front, the D4 chair Venna heard Faith Academy will be forced to AAA with 5 transfers and winning the last two titles. They have until the May meeting to appeal it. He also heard some AAA powers are coming into AA. Erie Prep is coming down and possibly a few WPIAl schools.

Prep has been confirmed as dropping to AA in the release regarding the new D10 regions. Team wise, they’re in a region with General McLane and Fort LeBoeuf among others. I’ve been told by several people that Prep and GM really don’t like each other. Seems to stem from their time at AAA. FLB should look drastically different this coming season. They’re losing an incredibly talented senior class.

What is the break down on success points for wrestling. If a team has so many they have to bump up like they do in football and basketball, unless you are Southern Columbia.

If Faith Christian moves up it will be by choice. They technically have zero transfers the past 2 years. Dekraker transferred in but I don't believe he was on the roster.
Takes more than 1 transfer anyway in 2 year cycle.

On quick check. New cycle these are the changes I noticed. Schools can opt up. CMVT the only one I know of that did. I haven’t seen the list yet.

AA
Dallas
Erie Prep
Bradford has opted up in past
Hickory
Bethlehem Catholic usually opts up

AAA
Springfield Twp
Greater Nanticoke
Eastern York
Kennard Dale
Middletown
West Perry
Athens
Columbia Montour VT opt up
Bellefonte
Belle Vernon
Blackhawk
Montour
Hampton
Hopewell
Albert Gallatin
Indiana
Cranberry
Bradford
Harborcreek
Salisbury
Blue Mountain
Jim Thorpe

Reactions: PAwrestling
This is confirmed, heard from a very close source last night Gibson is a scerlet knight. Best of luck to him. Seems like a nice kid, just stinks the way his HS played out after his quick start.

On a different front, the D4 chair Venna heard Faith Academy will be forced to AAA with 5 transfers and winning the last two titles. They have until the May meeting to appeal it. He also heard some AAA powers are coming into AA. Erie Prep is coming down and possibly a few WPIAl schools.
The second paragraph is very very bad information and 100% incorrect

Yeah the preliminary numbers have been out for a few months now. The teams voluntarily upgrading will be the only changes. There were zero teams in wrestling that met the qualifications for forced upgrades.

Faith and McCort may very well have opted up. The deadline for that has passed as well. CMVT appealed to go up to AAA and won.

The best schools I noticed dropping to AA are Erie Prep and Hickory.

ADVERTISEMENT