ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Willie says it is down to PS and Nebraska for Tyler Kasak. Sounds like Kasak's first choice is PS, but sounds like Cael has to make a move with some scholarship money to secure him. Not serene has yet. Nebraska reportedly has offered full ride. Love to see him be Niottany Lion.
Be a shame to lose him but is he as important as MAM?

Willie says it is down to PS and Nebraska for Tyler Kasak. Sounds like Kasak's first choice is PS, but sounds like Cael has to make a move with some scholarship money to secure him. Not serene has yet. Nebraska reportedly has offered full ride. Love to see him be Niottany Lion.
If Nebraska has offered 100% and Kasak still hasn't committed there, that says what Kasak thinks of PSU.

It's OK if this takes a while -- Nebraska can't increase their offer beyond 100%

If Nebraska has offered 100% and Kasak still hasn't committed there, that says what Kasak thinks of PSU.

It's OK if this takes a while -- Nebraska can't increase their offer beyond 100%
I know 100% rides have been rumored for several wrestlers. Have any been confirmed to be getting a full ride? With only 9.9 scholarships, I have a hard time believing Manning is going to do that. Unless he is banking on NIL money being part of that, or NIL money making up for the scholly deficit elsewhere.

Reactions: Ski
What do people think about Carter Neves having a big time impact? Where would he fall in the rankings of his recruiting class? Top 10, 20, 50?
I haven't looked at 2024 deeply enough to throw out a number like that, but Neves is a very good prospect.

That said, I'd rather have Mullen.

Among the probable HWTs, Neves is IMO behind Feldman, Mullen, Carroll, Nelson, and Hopke at least. Also Kueter if he concentrates on wrestling.

I'm not sure how he would stack against Pitzer or Casale.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at 2024 deeply enough to throw out a number like that, but Neves is a very good prospect.

Among the probable HWTs, Neves is IMO behind Feldman, Mullen, Carroll, Nelson, and Hopke at least. Also Kueter if he concentrates on wrestling.

I don’t know if I rank him quite as low as you. He’s younger than all of those guys except Hopke I believe which definitely matters especially at heavyweight. He’s behind Feldman and Carroll for sure but those 2 are both elite elite seniors. I have him ahead of Nelson and close to Mullen and Hopke. Hopke is better in the international styles and in these next 2 years might prove to be in the tier of Feldman and Carroll. I’m probably selling Mullen short because he is an absolute stud but I am just really high on Neves. He would be a really great get especially if Mullen is wanting to play football as well as wrestle.

I imagine if it's Neves, it's a case of a kid recruiting PSU more than anything at this point. He's a sophomore so he can't be contacted yet. Per his Twitter, he is a big PSU fan.

I don’t know if I rank him quite as low as you. He’s younger than all of those guys except Hopke I believe which definitely matters especially at heavyweight. He’s behind Feldman and Carroll for sure but those 2 are both elite elite seniors. I have him ahead of Nelson and close to Mullen and Hopke. Hopke is better in the international styles and in these next 2 years might prove to be in the tier of Feldman and Carroll. I’m probably selling Mullen short because he is an absolute stud but I am just really high on Neves. He would be a really great get especially if Mullen is wanting to play football as well as wrestle.
I do like him, and it's possible he catches up with some of those guys.

He had a couple losses this year (in folk) that I doubt any of those others -- including Pitzer and Casale -- would lose to. I wonder how much of that was due to him being a HS SO, vs how much Ohio has to be trained out of him.

If we don't get Mullen, I think he'd be the best available. And I'd be OK with that.

Reactions: zzs006
Neves is #18 on the 2024 Big Board but I imagine that will change a bit in the next 2 years. I wouldn't be shocked to see Gibson lost his #1 rank with some of his recent performances and guys like Ryder, Sealey to move to up.

I know 100% rides have been rumored for several wrestlers. Have any been confirmed to be getting a full ride? With only 9.9 scholarships, I have a hard time believing Manning is going to do that. Unless he is banking on NIL money being part of that, or NIL money making up for the scholly deficit elsewhere.
I believe Manning’s offer went up after they lost out on Meyer

HWT group is loaded and deep. Feldman is a cut above. Hopke improved alot since last years wtt finals. Mullen is a great athlete and has so much upside. He never really fully committed to wrestling yet. Hopke is leaning towards Wisconsin, but sure that would change if Cael shows up at his house

Kasak, unless Howard has injury issues.

But hopefully not an either/or situation.
I tried to restrain myself, but I can’t - must GIF

giphy.gif

Kasak, unless Howard has injury issues.

But hopefully not an either/or situation.
Howard's shoulder is his Achilles heel ;-)

Unfortunately, he has already injured it more than once. Regretfully, we need an insurance policy.

Top 2023 guys still left that PSU involved in are Mullens (285), McGowan (125/133), and Kasak (149/157). Already have Barr (184) and Davis (125). With Beard gone, is Sasso an option now or is Barr going to grow that much to fill 197? Is their a better 2024 option? The 2023 class could be another 2018 class with 6 guys.

Top 2023 guys still left that PSU involved in are Mullens (285), McGowan (125/133), and Kasak (149/157). Already have Barr (184) and Davis (125). With Beard gone, is Sasso an option now or is Barr going to grow that much to fill 197? Is their a better 2024 option? The 2023 class could be another 2018 class with 6 guys.
Aaron Brooks is the 2024 starting 197, correct Mr. Brooks?

Brooks at 197 for both 2023-24 and 2024-25? So ate their any burgeoning 197’s in with the 24/25 class or is someone growing into it like a CStar or Barr?

Brooks at 197 for both 2023-24 and 2024-25? So ate their any burgeoning 197’s in with the 24/25 class or is someone growing into it like a CStar or Barr?
Brooks only has 2 more years of eligibility. I don't believe he's RSing this coming year.

I don't think we get Sasso for a whole host of reasons -- not the least of which is, we didn't pursue his brother. Never say never I guess, but this isn't something I'd pin much hope on.

In any case, no rush to get a 197 now. If Brooks doesn't go up, there's time to see how much Barr might grow. Cochran or Ball would probably be adequate for at least a year, maybe longer.

Lawrence (2024) is going up to 195 this year. Hopefully he will face Sasso at some point. (Unfortunately it can't be at Hershey, and Nazareth isn't going to Powerade.)

Correa (2025) might be the best future option. 182 National Preps champ as a freshman. But 2025 is a long time from now.

I don't think we get Sasso for a whole host of reasons -- not the least of which is, we didn't pursue his brother. Never say never I guess, but this isn't something I'd pin much hope on.

In any case, no rush to get a 197 now. If Brooks doesn't go up, there's time to see how much Barr might grow. Cochran or Ball would probably be adequate for at least a year, maybe longer.

Lawrence (2024) is going up to 195 this year. Hopefully he will face Sasso at some point. (Unfortunately it can't be at Hershey, and Nazareth isn't going to Powerade.)

Correa (2025) might be the best future option. 182 National Preps champ as a freshman. But 2025 is a long time from now.
I like the Lawrence kid. Fun wrestler

Reactions: Roar More
Mike Dellagatta, Mullen's teammate headed to Cornell.
Recruiting spreadsheet has him at 174. Unlikley kid will ever see 184. He is like 200lbs walking around and still has a year of high school.

Put me on an island regarding heavyweight. I think we miss on Mullen, but get Hopke who is only a sophomore. I suspect that means we will have a gap year with no blue chip heavy on the team. Yep, I don't think Kerk will stay through his full eligibility.

No matter Hopke is a super stud with his only flaw being he is just a young puppy. Once he matures he will be better than Mullen - book it!

Reactions: hlstone
Put me on an island regarding heavyweight. I think we miss on Mullen, but get Hopke who is only a sophomore. I suspect that means we will have a gap year with no blue chip heavy on the team. Yep, I don't think Kerk will stay through his full eligibility.

No matter Hopke is a super stud with his only flaw being he is just a young puppy. Once he matures he will be better than Mullen - book it!
Hopke looked like he jumped level from last year. Would not surprise me if he would smoke Mullins now. Hopke needs to be a target

Reactions: GogglesPaizano

Which island? Aruba? Lol

Reactions: GogglesPaizano

We won’t have “Gap years “ in the transfer portal era , Cael would acquire a heavy if Kerk leaves early . Are there any more Nevills boys to fill in ? I know one was just born but doubt he can be ready in 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT