ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

So Willie what about this recruit that is supposed to commit after trials? Any word on when this might happen?

Great guy, wonderful school and a fine coach. He can still help us win by knocking off Iowa, Michigan and Oklahoma State wrestlers. I'll root for him and wait for a finals match with Max. Doesn't get any better until he comes back for grad work and trains freestyle with us.

Kick ass for 2 years, finish your degree, then come on back. By then the 9.9 might be gone and you can get a big chunk of your masters on us.

Reactions: HAMMER167
What does Beard transferring to Lehigh have to do with Recruiting?? What's wrong with using the Beard Transfer Portal thread? You guys are absolutely killing my OCD lately 🤣. (meanwhile @dunkej01 is laughing his ass off)
I get what you're saying, but maybe opens up a slot to recruit another 197 now as opposed to waiting.

Yes I'm excited about Barr so let's not recruit anyone else please lol
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ok fellas, a couple hints from Willie here. We now know this recruit is indeed a boy and not a girl. We also know he’s at the very least 2 days old.

Ok…any guesses?

I’d have to guess the top wrestling recruits who haven’t committed ( guessing from class of 22-23), who also attended US Open, must not be a super big list.

For example, if we take the top 30 pound for pound kids in the 23 class, and throw out those who committed, and those who didn’t attend US Open, does that provide a manageable list for a clue?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I’d have to guess the top wrestling recruits who haven’t committed ( guessing from class of 22-23), who also attended US Open, must not be a super big list.

For example, if we take the top 30 pound for pound kids in the 23 class, and throw out those who committed, and those who didn’t attend US Open, does that provide a manageable list for a clue?
I think so. Will you post when you are done please?

How are people feeling about our chances to land McGowan?
I like our chances of jumping ahead of Ohio State and Michigan, especially since Ohio State have 133/141 settled it seems for a while. But we're battling Ivies also so that will always be a wildcard when you factor in academics.

Reactions: NittanyChris
I like our chances of jumping ahead of Ohio State and Michigan, especially since Ohio State have 133/141 settled it seems for a while. But we're battling Ivies also so that will always be a wildcard when you factor in academics.
If McGowan sees himself as a 125, he's a better prospect than Kilkeary, and McHenry hasn't done enough in college to make Michigan disinterested.

Reactions: fronk71 and Ja1339
Willie says it is down to PS and Nebraska for Tyler Kasak. Sounds like Kasak's first choice is PS, but sounds like Cael has to make a move with some scholarship money to secure him. Not serene has yet. Nebraska reportedly has offered full ride. Love to see him be Niottany Lion.

ADVERTISEMENT