MA McGowan
Braeden Davis - committed

Mason Gibson
Rune Lawrence
Navarro Schunke
Joseph Sealey
Luke Lilledahl

Obligatory Bo Bassett mention

Anyone care to speculate what weight is Shapiro expected to be at in college?

Reactions: GRR!
Targets?

2023:
Meyer Shapiro
Tyler Kasak
Jim Mullen
MA McGowan
Braeden Davis - committed

Mason Gibson
Rune Lawrence
Navarro Schunke
Joseph Sealey
Luke Lilledahl

Obligatory Bo Bassett mention
Man I forgot about Davis. What weight is he 133?

Given that we didn’t have much room for 2022 recruits, I’m anticipating a monster haul of top guys in the 2023 class. Am I wrong?
The biggest need is likely Heavyweight at this point. I'm hoping Kerk wrestles through 2024 but wouldn't be shocked if it's just 2023. Target is obvious for that but missing on Nick Feldman will frustrate Cael for years I bet.

I saw that tweet and figured he had to be planning on coming to PSU. It doesn’t make sense to say something like that and then go elsewhere but then again teenage kids do plenty that doesn’t make sense!
Jason Nolf once said in an interview (IIRC during his JR year) that he wanted to go to Cornell. Then it turns out he was focused on Stanford. Fortunately he chose neither.

I hope Gibson comes our way, and we're in his final 4, but that tweet really only means he's a HS kid who got excited during an exciting moment.

Jason Nolf once said in an interview (IIRC during his JR year) that he wanted to go to Cornell. Then it turns out he was focused on Stanford. Fortunately he chose neither.

I hope Gibson comes our way, and we're in his final 4, but that tweet really only means he's a HS kid who got excited during an exciting moment.
I do agree, butit also means, at least for now, he is high on PSU, and I have faith in Cael!

The biggest need is likely Heavyweight at this point. I'm hoping Kerk wrestles through 2024 but wouldn't be shocked if it's just 2023. Target is obvious for that but missing on Nick Feldman will frustrate Cael for years I bet.
Perhaps not. Cael “missed” on Kerk initially, but you can bet that a number of elite recruits who committed to other schools will enter the portal as PS reels off another championship run. Cael will have some nice options available to fill any weights that may be needed.

Perhaps not. Cael “missed” on Kerk initially, but you can bet that a number of elite recruits who committed to other schools will enter the portal as PS reels off another championship run. Cael will have some nice options available to fill any weights that may be needed.
Kerk's priority was training with Kyle Snyder. That was what brought him to PSU.

I agree we will utilize the portal quite a bit as we have holes (hopefully we'll have 10 home grown studs because we have the recruits for that but that's never the case really) but I'd be extremely shocked if Feldman portals in his career.

Kerk's priority was training with Kyle Snyder. That was what brought him to PSU.

I agree we will utilize the portal quite a bit as we have holes (hopefully we'll have 10 home grown studs because we have the recruits for that but that's never the case really) but I'd be extremely shocked if Feldman portals in his career.
Good for Feldman then, Im sure training with Orndorff will hone his skills. Ya know, Iron sharpens soap.

Purely a guess: 149/157? His brother Erik looks like he'll be a 165, but Mason is a little lighter than Erik was at the same point.

Purely a guess: 149/157? His brother Erik looks like he'll be a 165, but Mason is a little lighter than Erik was at the same point.
We're pretty booked up at all those weights if we can land Shapiro for 2023. Ohio might be able to just slide Sasso, Paddy, Kharchla up and make room at 149 if that's where he's bound.

We're pretty booked up at all those weights if we can land Shapiro for 2023. Ohio might be able to just slide Sasso, Paddy, Kharchla up and make room at 149 if that's where he's bound.
No inside info and obviously it's early, but Tan Tom is probably running 3rd in the race.

Cornell can offer Gibson everything Ohio State can, plus free tuition, plus an Ivy League degree, plus be teammates with his brother.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
No inside info and obviously it's early, but Tan Tom is probably running 3rd in the race.

Cornell can offer Gibson everything Ohio State can, plus free tuition, plus an Ivy League degree, plus be teammates with his brother.
It's early but it sounds like he's almost ready to decide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT