ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Only Recruiting Info

Keep ‘em coming. Is there a cap or limit on roster spots? Desmond is a phenomenal pickup but we have about 5-6 wrestlers at 125 now.
Lightning must be going to 133.
Cael and Company are the best coaches for various reasons, But their ability to keep everyone happy and keeping them rolling in. Our Room will be deeper than ever.
125 is the hardest weight to fill because kids tend to grow. Some have late growth spurts. Since severe weight cuts is not something Cael employs it is imperative to have a deep and talented pool of 125s. Our history of the last decade has made this obvious.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
125 is the hardest weight to fill because kids tend to grow. Some have late growth spurts. Since severe weight cuts is not something Cael employs it is imperative to have a deep and talented pool of 125s. Our history of the last decade has made this obvious.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Desmond ends up a career 125 pounder

Muncy heavyweight Austin Johnson…..anyone know if he’s being recruited by psu?

He was just named to the 1A All State football team as a FB. He may get some looks for that too. Kind of like Sean Kinney from Nazareth

Reactions: USPMAN
He was just named to the 1A All State football team as a FB. He may get some looks for that too. Kind of like Sean Kinney from Nazareth
Also he participated in the invitation-only national combine at the US Army Bowl last month.

I'd be surprised if he wrestles in college.

Also would be surprised if Cael goes too hard after a HWT in 2025 now that Correa (who has no football ambitions) is off the board, except for depth. Mirasola is proving a very good HWT prospect (despite much hand-wringing here), and 2026 has several good HWT candidates.

Also he participated in the invitation-only national combine at the US Army Bowl last month.

I'd be surprised if he wrestles in college.

Also would be surprised if Cael goes too hard after a HWT in 2025 now that Correa (who has no football ambitions) is off the board, except for depth. Mirasola is proving a very good HWT prospect (despite much hand-wringing here), and 2026 has several good HWT candidates.
Mirasola is a stud. I gave up questioning Cael about a decade ago, LOL. Rewatching the Oregon state dual. Great job by the true freshman, but I digress.

Reactions: El-Jefe
Not sure where this best belongs, so I posted it in the PA Wresting thread too. A mod might want to delete one of them.

#1 Wyoming Seminary vs #2 Blair Academy with multiple PSU recruits wrestling

Recruits in bold:
120: #1 Leo DeLuca DEC #3 Nathan Desmond 6-3
132: #1 Luke Lilledahl DEC #13 Matt Lopes 3-1 SV
165: #5 William Henckel DEC Chris Crawford 3-0
175: #2 Joe Sealy DEC Pete Snyder 5-2

Last edited:
Escape the Rock 2024

The only PSU recruit I found while skimming through the brackets was Asher Cunningham, who is ranked #1 at 160 pounds.

R32: #1 A.Cunningham FALL #32 L.Youtz (1:20)
R16: #1 A.Cunningham MD #16 B.Dryden 12-4
QF: #1 A.Cunningham DEC #8 D.Sumpolec 5-0
SF: #1 A.Cunningham DEC #4 F.DiBella 3-0
Finals: #1 A.Cunningham WBF #2 C.Weidemoyer (1:13)

Asher Cunningham takes 1st place!

Last edited:
Escape the Rock 160# Semi-Final: #1 A.Cunningham vs. #4 F.DiBella

P1:
Cunningham gets to the leg & almost scores in the last 30 seconds, but DiBella fights out of it
No scoring

P2:
Cunningham takes down
DiBella concedes the point & they start on their feet 1-0
No more scoring

P3:
DiBella chooses neutral
Cunningham gets to the leg again
Cunningham TD 3-0
Cunningham riding tough
Cunningham rides him out
Cunningham +1:00 min of riding time

#1 A.Cunningham DEC #4 F.DiBella 3-0

Cunningham will face #2 C.Weidemoyer in the finals

Last edited:
Asher is going to be a PSU star someday. His jump over the last year is mind-blowing. He has lived in the NLWC room and the results are showing. Everyone is talking about these bluechippers we are bringing in, they need to make room for Asher.
Are we sure he’s coming to Penn State? I thought I saw him penciled in the lowa lineup over on GIA after Casey takes over as HC.

Marcus Blaze tidbit from Ohio State Board:

“This is not 100 percent at all but through the grapevine at Perrysburg it sounds like Blaze could very likely end up at PSU also.”

Edit: from a lurker on the 247 Buckeye board with 2 posts, but you never know

Last edited:
Marcus Blaze tidbit from Ohio State Board:

“This is not 100 percent at all but through the grapevine at Perrysburg it sounds like Blaze could very likely end up at PSU also.”

Edit: from a lurker on the 247 Buckeye board with 2 posts, but you never know
I would be shocked if that happened, but I've been shocked quite a bit by the guys who are recruiting Penn State moreso that Penn State is recruiting them.

This is the one who beat Ramos, right?

125 guy then??
Definitely gonna be bigger than that, as a 126 already and a HS JR. No idea how much bigger, but brother Joey is Purdue's starter at 157.

Can't put a lot of credence behind a 2-post Buck. We'll see.

Definitely gonna be bigger than that, as a 126 already and a HS JR. No idea how much bigger, but brother Joey is Purdue's starter at 157.

Can't put a lot of credence behind a 2-post Buck. We'll see.
He wrestled 132 for Cadet also. Imagine he gets to 141.

Reactions: El-Jefe
Jax beat another college AA this year I think. Jax did wrestle Ramos last year in an open. Can't recall the score...I'm thinking 15-0 or something like that.
He beat Lehigh's Stanich and majored Pitt's Camacho.

Last year he pinned Ohio State's McCrone in under a minute, beat Ungar, and got teched by Ramos 17-2.

I think the point trying to be made here (though perhaps wasn't clear) was that Marcus Blaze has a win over Jax Forrest. Happened in Nov 2023 at the Clarion Open, in a close bout.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
I think the point trying to be made here (though perhaps wasn't clear) was that Marcus Blaze has a win over Jax Forrest. Happened in Nov 2023 at the Clarion Open, in a close bout.
Marcus Blaze had an awesome run at the Clarion open and ALL of Ohio State wrestlers/Coaches were in his corner vs Ramos.. Purdue fans cheered for him after he beat Ramos and yelled come on home.

ADVERTISEMENT