ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting and lineup spitballing

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
So this is just a few different possible outlooks with kids that get talked a lot about in here. Supposed to be fun. Would love to hear other ideas. This is my idea for the front half of the lineup in 2 years.

125-Robbie Howard with Steen redshirting.
If Robbie can no longer hold 125 then
Steen is the man
133-RBY- senior year and going for a 3rd
title
141-Beau Bartlett- This is his spot after
Redshirting the previous year while
Nick Lee won his 2nd
149- This is where all the questions start in
my eyes. I know most people want
Bouzakis and I would love if he came
Here as well. As great as he is, he
Seems like a kid who has been
Physically developed for awhile
and has been horsing kids around
I think he will be a great college
wrestler but I think other kids will
close the gap on him. What I like is
kid who is doing the closing. Kid who
keeps getting better as they develop
physically. This kid to me is Levi
Haines. All this being said, what I
like the most is
149-Shayne VanNess
157-Levi Haines

I think this fits everyone at an ideal weight and is an absolute murderers row. Haines seems like a kid that is jumping levels and is going to be scary good in college.

The other possibility which in my eyes is probably equally as good but I’m not sure everyone is slotted in the best weight class is
149-Bouzakis
157-SVN

Obviously these depend on us even getting Bouzakis or Haines but I would think that if Cael really wants them that they will come. Also, who knows how much these kids will grow in 2 years. I just thought it would be fun to hear other people’s ideas. I know this board loves Bouzakis and for good reason but I want to see if anyone rates Haines as highly as I do.

So this is just a few different possible outlooks with kids that get talked a lot about in here. Supposed to be fun. Would love to hear other ideas. This is my idea for the front half of the lineup in 2 years.

Steen is the man
title
Nick Lee won his 2nd
like the most is
149-Shayne VanNess
157-Levi Haines

I think this fits everyone at an ideal weight and is an absolute murderers row. Haines seems like a kid that is jumping levels and is going to be scary good in college.

The other possibility which in my eyes is probably equally as good but I’m not sure everyone is slotted in the best weight class is
149-Bouzakis
157-SVN

Obviously these depend on us even getting Bouzakis or Haines but I would think that if Cael really wants them that they will come. Also, who knows how much these kids will grow in 2 years. I just thought it would be fun to hear other people’s ideas. I know this board loves Bouzakis and for good reason but I want to see if anyone rates Haines as highly as I do.
giphy.gif

Steen is the man
title
Nick Lee won his 2nd
like the most is
149-Shayne VanNess
157-Levi Haines

149-Bouzakis
157-SVN

I was just reading about Brady Berge younger brother Bennett winning his 4th Minnesota state AA title at 170 lbs. I know we are currently set there but he is a junior, do you think PSU will pursue him?

I was just reading about Brady Berge younger brother Bennett winning his 4th Minnesota state AA title at 170 lbs. I know we are currently set there but he is a junior, do you think PSU will pursue him?
PSU is among his finalists along with the Goofers, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and South Dakota State.

Note from the article: during shutdown mania, he came east for a month to train at M2 with the world champ.

Steen is the man
title
Nick Lee won his 2nd
like the most is
149-Shayne VanNess
157-Levi Haines

149-Bouzakis
157-SVN

A couple thoughts:

Am assuming "in 2 years" means the 2023 season. RBY being a SR is consistent with this.

1. Steen graduates this year. He'll shirt 2022 unless Howard is injured.
2. Berge will be a SR. Presumably he'll still be around and starting.
3. If so, then 149 will be either Van Ness (true SO) or Bouzakis (true FR). The other will shirt. (Assuming we land Bouzakis.)

A couple thoughts:

Am assuming "in 2 years" means the 2023 season. RBY being a SR is consistent with this.

3. If so, then 149 will be either Van Ness (true SO) or Bouzakis (true FR). The other will shirt. (Assuming we land Bouzakis.)

I believe Boone and or Dunbar will crack the lineup by 2023 or 24 as well at 57/65. Thoughts?

I believe Boone and or Dunbar will crack the lineup by 2023 or 24 as well at 57/65. Thoughts?
Throw Matt Lee in the mix too.

Too early to tell with any of them. None wrestled in the free year. Dunbar and Lee both had 1 NLWC match, Boone did not. Hard to make any projections based on that.

Reactions: diggerpup
A couple thoughts:

Completely forgot about Berge. I really hope he can stay healthy because if so he has the talent to be a very high AA.
Haines will be big. 165 minimum i think.
Smalls...What do you think the odds of PSU landing either one of these kids? Haines at 165 might just fit a need as well.

Could go lots a different directions, but here is one 4-year spitball

21/22
125 Howard-Fr
133 RBY-Jr
141 N. Lee-Sr
149 SVN-Fr
157 Berge-Jr
165 J. Lee-Fr
174 Starocci-Fr
184 Brooks-So
197 Beard-Fr
285 Kerkvliet-Fr