ADVERTISEMENT

Recommendations needed for all-inclusive vacation with wife in May

PSU95alum

Jul 27, 2006
No kids. Looking at vacation packages through Costco Travel, and considering Punta Cana Dominican Republic or Cancun or Riviera Maya Mexico. I can get anywhere from 4-6 nights all-inclusive (including flights) for around $1,700-$2,300 total. Any thoughts on these places or any specific resorts at these locations?

Link to Costco Travel

My wife and I recently returned from a 5 night stay at the

new Secrets Playa Mujeres Resort north of Cancun........excellent!

Last year we took the family(all 18+ in age) to the Breathless Punta Cana....excellent!

Our son was married 2+ years ago at the Secrets Maroma Beach resort.......excellent!

Secrets Capri is a good value....have not been there, but gets high marks.

Other son honeymooned at Secrets Royal Beach.....loved it!

My wife and I prefer Riveria Maya and staying in Secrets resorts

Secrets Maroma Beach is phenomenal. Also stayed at Secrets Capri. Other Secrets resorts have opened up recently. Being able to fly in and out of Cancun direct from Philly each day is very nice. Also, the airport to the hotel trip isn't too far depending on the resort you choose. We have always gone through Liberty Travel. They will price match whatever you find on the internet and also help out with the trip transfers as well as be a person to contact in case anything goes wrong.

Check out Travelzoo and even Groupon. I've seen some great deals from these two services recently.

was at Secrets in Cabo this time last year...

great place, if just a little too far away. What is great is that the dinners are not cafeteria style but off of a menu which gave it a great feel and not too cruise shippy/kid resort. Beautiful grounds.

Cheapcarribean.com
Booked several all inclusives from them and the prices are great.
This post was edited on 3/11 1:52 PM by Lionsburg

Sanctuary cap cana in punta cana. I've stayed many places and for the money this is tops. Also the best golf in the Caribbean. For the money I also liked the omni in cancun.

Iberostar Grand. End of Thread.

Have been to two - Punta Cana and Jamaica -- and you cannot beat the Grand which is the Adults Only offering that Iberostar has. All inclusive, delicious food, great properties.
Personally liked Punta Cana better, but you cannot go wrong with either.

Agree with your assessment about flight times to Cabo.....

great destination however.

Were you at Marquis or the new Puerto Los Cabos?

Southwest Airlines opens a new route in June from Atlanta to Los Cabos. Should help with convenience and fares.

If you prefer a very sleepy, special place for an anniversary....try the Zoetry resorts. Wife and I celebrated our 35th at the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, 10 minutes from Cancun Airport, unbelievable place!

We're members of the AM Resorts UVC travel club.....Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, and Suncapes brands under their umbrella. Apple Vacations too. Bain Capital purchased the business 1-2 years ago. Lots of new capital infusion in new resort properties. Resorts all over Mexico, DR, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Panama(soon), US Virgin, Cozumel.......going to Aruba, Brazil.

www.amresorts.com

May kicks off "Festival Season" in Italy. And, Milano is hosting.........

...the World Expo.

I got tickets flying round trip to Milan for $800. Milano is like any Western city. Your wife would love it there. Plus, the world will be displaying their cuisine, too.

From there, you could head to Lake Como, the Italian Riviera or Rome.

Great time to be there.

Watch for Secrets Akumal to open in November

Located between Secrets Capri and Dreams Tulum.

THANKS ALL for the feedback. All seem like great options. I'll keep

searching for the best deal and hopefully book something soon. Thanks again.

Re: THANKS ALL for the feedback. All seem like great options. I'll keep

Le Blanc (in Cancun) blows these others out of the water!! Stayed there for five nights and it's head and shoulders above these other options. The food is amazing - much, much better than that offered at your other options listed.

I've also stayed at Zoetry (Riviera Maya) and it's really nice too - much more "boutiquey" than most of these other choices so I'd recommend that as a second choice.

The Secrets properties are not bad but some are much better than others so it's a bit hit and miss with them...

Caribbean islands would be best --

St Thomas and USVI
St Martin
St Lucia

warm and wonderful weather and each is a shopping extravaganza -- duty free

By all inclusive, I take it that means she's bringing her mistress? **

nm

Paris in the Spring. Nothing like it.

And with the current dollar-euro exchange rate you could probably swing six days for under 3 grand, including airfare.

Had my iphone strongarm jacked from me on the subway in

Paris. I recommend not going there to everyone. Humans literally crap on the sidewalks there because they are homeless and there are no public toilets. Romantic, indeed.

Barcelo Hotels in Riveria Maya Mexico. Been there 3 x times. It was great all the three times.

ADVERTISEMENT