ADVERTISEMENT

Really Impressed With Our "New" Coaching Staff

psu skp

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark
Granted we've only played two non-conference games so far, but the clean, crisp play of our entire team at this early stage bodes well for the future.

Penn State is a program famous for the loyalty and longevity of it's football assistant coaches. Tenures of 15, 20, 30 years have been quite common in HV going back to 1938. In the early 2000's we suddenly experienced a massive amount of turnover (every Assistant Coach position changed hands at least once from 2000-2004) and our record reflected the unprecedented lack of continuity.

Now, consider just how young our 2018 staff is: Ja'Juan Seider (RB), David Corley (WR),
Tyler Bowen (TEs), and Phil Galiano (Special Teams) are all in their very first seasons on the staff. Matt Limegrover (OL) and Tim Banks (Safties) are both entering their third.

Even the grizzly veterans on the staff like Ricky Rahne (5th Season) is a first year OC, Brent Pry (5th Season) is in only his 3rd as DC while Sean Spencer (5th Season) and Terry Smith (5th Season) are only beginning to establish themselves with players they didn't inherit from the previous coaches.

I know other programs deal with revolving doors in coaches, but it seems that Franklin's program at least is thriving amidst the changes.

I think CJF is vastly underrated as a head coach, he seems to have a plan for everything and takes changes in stride. We may still be a year away, but it's coming, and soon.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I do like the fire in Franklin for winning and his determination to continual improvement. His sideline demeanor is perfect showing enthusiastic approval for his players when they do well and the occasional being pissed off at a player for not following instruction. Too many coaches make a complete ass of themselves with their sideline antics and in my opinion lose the respect of not only officials but players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT