ADVERTISEMENT

Real Woods to PSU?

SpladleTown

Sep 6, 2018
Ben Askren dropped this bombshell on FRL today, with no explanation/confirmation. Has anyone heard this elsewhere? What weight would he go? Woods/Lee 41/49 in whatever order and then RS Bartlett and SVN?

How did he drop it, was he just suggesting Penn State should talk to Real Woods or is he saying there is traction? Obviously it makes sense suggesting, he also predicted Penn State would get Griffith so tbh, I don't think there is anything to see here.

FWIW, apparently the most common landing spot people think for Woods is Oklahoma State or Michigan.

Last edited:
He said he was actually hearing rumors about Woods to PSU from people. Neither of the other guys heard it and basically said that their belief would be Okie St or Michigan, but admittedly said they did not know from any sources.
At the same time though, Pyles and Bratke are under the impression that Dean to PSU is a done deal with Pyles stating he believes Dean is already here training and Askren had no idea and did not believe it when rumors started spreading last week.

Why does it seem like so many fans are seemingly against transfers? When they arrive they are the same color of blue and white as our current roster is.

Reactions: Wilco43
Ben is certainly not a PSU homer by any stretch. A very interesting source for this rumor.

Other than % of the 9.9 for kids on a tight budget, given the choice of the three, I can't see why most kids aren't breaking down the doors to have a chance to wrestle for Cael.

So you're telling me next year's PSU lineup will be:

125 Suriano
133 RBY
141 N Lee
149 Real Woods
157 Paddy Gallagher
165 Shane Griffith
174 C Starocci
184 A Brooks
197 Max Dean
HWT Kerk

giphy.gif

I took it as he was joking insinuating PSU gets everyone. I could be wrong.

So you're telling me next year's PSU lineup will be:

125 Suriano
133 RBY
141 N Lee
149 Real Woods
157 Paddy Gallagher
165 Shane Griffith
174 C Starocci
184 A Brooks
197 Max Dean
HWT Kerk

giphy.gif
Gallagher???? I have not heard anything about Gallagher and PSU---what did I miss?
also I think a healthy Beard wins the spot over Dean.

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
Ben Askren dropped this bombshell on FRL today, with no explanation/confirmation. Has anyone heard this elsewhere? What weight would he go? Woods/Lee 41/49 in whatever order and then RS Bartlett and SVN?
Was thinking Lee at 141 was assumed? I’d love Woods to wrestle for PSU, but doesn’t this mean we’d have 4 guys whose ideal weight is 141?

Gallagher???? I have not heard anything about Gallagher and PSU---what did I miss?
also I think a healthy Beard wins the spot over Dean.
Gallagher was added simply because someone mentioned how PSU gets wrestlers from the "recruiting champ U". The Gallagher rumor has no traction.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Askren was just talking out of his a$$ to get PSU fans going given all the speculation about other top name transfers. He has a voice and could be using his platform to screw with PSU fans

Big if true.

I'll wait for other professionals to say something similar. Askren might be right. He also says things that make you wonder if he inhales bath salts.
He said he would win his last how many fights?? What happened??

My take on how things are shaping up for next season's line up:

125 Spencer
133 Suriano
141 Woods
149 Paddy
157 Carr
165 Griffith
174 CStar
184 Dean
197 Brooks
285 Cassioppi
What? How did Cassioppi beat out both Kerk and Amos to earn the starting spot? :)

Reactions: danoftw
I actually heard Shane Griffith isn't coming to Penn State because he is going 174. I heard the reason he is going 174 is because allegedly Zaurbek Sidakov has decided to move to America and it turns out he HAS NCAA eligibility. Rumors are we lead for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
I actually heard Shane Griffith isn't coming to Penn State because he is going 174. I heard the reason he is going 174 is because allegedly Zaurbek Sidakov has decided to move to America and it turns out he HAS NCAA eligibility. Rumors are we lead for him.

you joke but ben provisor just committed to wrestle at grand view

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT