ADVERTISEMENT

Real to Hawks

Great for Iowa.... they out bid the Nits for a guy. I guess they’ll have to take back all the BS they have spewing about the PSU slush fund and how PSU recruits over guys. Besides we need the Hawks to be competitive.
Not quite.

A Fist Full of Hawkeyes
HR MVP

1) Who said Iowa recruited over him? There's been absolutely zero news on this.
In fact, Iowa wasn't even in the conversation because it was an alleged heavy lean towards PSU with Mich and ASU behind them.

Isn't it entirely possible he wanted to come here? After all, I believe he already had strong ties to the state of Iowa. And didn’t he grow up a Hawk fan?

Seems similar to Eierman's situation to me. He literally picked up the phone and said, "I'm heading your way."

2) No one

Not quite.

A Fist Full of Hawkeyes
HR MVP

In fact, Iowa wasn't even in the conversation because it was an alleged heavy lean towards PSU with Mich and ASU behind them.

Isn't it entirely possible he wanted to come here? After all, I believe he already had strong ties to the state of Iowa. And didn’t he grow up a Hawk fan?

Seems similar to Eierman's situation to me. He literally picked up the phone and said, "I'm heading your way."

2) No one
Wasn’t aware coaches HAVE TO accept everyone that wants in…

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Actually this changes a ton. I like Henson but I wouldn't have penciled him in as an AA (he absolutely can but I wouldn't do it before seeing him through at least Midlands next year) Woods is the favorite at 141 IMO. Now if Henson can make 133, it'll be super interesting.
The only thing it changes is whether Iowa is 50 or 30 points behind PSU at NCAAs when all is said and done.

More damage to Ben Askren's juvenile libertarian fantasies.
Hoping he took a hit on the crypto market with his betting on this one since he is always (self) promoting rumors, Ponzie schemes, and of course his own ego.

Reactions: nitlion6
Pretty sure I posted I didn’t care to get Dean either. I was good to roll with Beard. And earlier this week I posted I hope we don’t get Woods. Personally, I like pull for the kids that wanted to be at PSU from the start. Especially guys like BB and Beard who obviously have talent.
I’m with you,always have been. Run what you brung.

Wonder how much crow is being eaten over on HR now. 🤡🤡🤡

tenor.gif

How much does Real Woods hate Cenzo though? :)

If this is strictly a NIL move I guess I can understand, although I don’t know why anyone would walk away from Stanford Grad School.

If it was a wrestling move, what additional improvement is coming under TNT that could not be achieved under Koll at Stanford? He got him to the semis and the weight class is clearing out. Odd.

Reactions: therod
If this is strictly a NIL move I guess I can understand, although I don’t know why anyone would walk away from Stanford Grad School.

If it was a wrestling move, what additional improvement is coming under TNT that could not be achieved under Koll at Stanford? He got him to the semis and the weight class is clearing out. Odd.
Can he get into Stanford's Grad School? I know that's often a very real issue with some of their athletes. This could just be a kid that's fulfilling a dream. He's from Illinois so there's a good chance he just grew up an Iowa fan.

I agree 100%. This may be the only time these kids could make that kind of money in one pop, and if people are willing to pay it...welcome to America.
Vak,
Where did the money come from? I thought all the rich fans are Penn State fans. Nice to see this move. We have one more thing to throw in Ironturd’s face now.
It makes next year more interesting. That’s for sure.

Can he get into Stanford's Grad School? I know that's often a very real issue with some of their athletes. This could just be a kid that's fulfilling a dream. He's from Illinois so there's a good chance he just grew up an Iowa fan.
Don’t have an answer for that, but obviously that could be in play. Stanford Grad Admissions is brutal, so he could definitely be moving on for non wrestling reasons.

If anything this makes The Iowa Match a little more exciting, and the race for second against OSU at nationals a lot more interesting.

Reactions: hlstone
P
He's from New Mexico.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Returning Points updated to reflect Woods' transfer -- Iowa moves from 6th to 3rd.

TeamWoods at Stanford
Woods at Iowa​
Penn State
107.5​
107.5​
Oklahoma State
71.5​
71.5​
Arizona State
65.5​
65.5​
Minnesota
57.0​
57.0​
Missouri
57.0​
57.0​
Iowa
54.0​
66.5​
Cornell
52.0​
52.0​

Returning Points updated to reflect Woods' transfer -- Iowa moves from 6th to 3rd.

TeamWoods at Stanford
Woods at Iowa​
Penn State
107.5​
107.5​
Oklahoma State
71.5​
71.5​
Arizona State
65.5​
65.5​
Minnesota
57.0​
57.0​
Missouri
57.0​
57.0​
Iowa
54.0​
66.5​
Cornell
52.0​
52.0​
Our 107.5 is with RBY though right? We're still ahead at 84.5 without him which is insane. Curious where you're getting 71.5 for Oklahoma State though.

TeamWoods at Stanford
Woods at Iowa​
Penn State
107.5​
107.5​
Oklahoma State
71.5​
71.5​
Arizona State
65.5​
65.5​
Minnesota
57.0​
57.0​
Missouri
57.0​
57.0​
Iowa
54.0​
66.5​
Cornell
52.0​
52.0​
From 53.5 points behind PSU to 41 points behind PSU.

Reactions: PSUer1989
If Woods has a Stanford undergrad degree I would guess his resume is fine w/ or w/out a Stanford graduate degree.
Maybe Iowa offered him opportunities with the HWC afterwards which he might not have with NLWC.

Reactions: danoftw
Pretty sure I posted I didn’t care to get Dean either. I was good to roll with Beard. And earlier this week I posted I hope we don’t get Woods. Personally, I like pull for the kids that wanted to be at PSU from the start. Especially guys like BB and Beard who obviously have talent.
I commented last week about the portal actually makes the good programs better. I understand the athletes benefit from it but I think it hurts the kid that was willing to go to the school that recruited him. To be honest the Woods transfer is the one situation that I don't have issue with. It sounds like he will graduate this year and under that pretence I think any athlete should be able to go to any school of his/her choice to further his education.

Last edited:
I commented last week about the portal actually makes the good programs better. I understand the athletes benefit from it but I think it hurts the kid that was willing to go to the school that recruited him. To be honest the Woods transfer is the one situation that I don't have issue with. It sounds like he will graduate this year and under that pretence I think any athlete should be able to go to any school of his/her choice.
Yeah, that’s a fair take…I’m down with that. I still however hope we continue to win championships with the least amount of transfers as possible.Nothing like watching a kid like Nick Lee grow throughout his entire career at PSU into what he has become today.

All of the old posts on HR bellyaching about Woods to PSU are pretty funny. Cheating, slush funds, lying to recruits…yada yada yada. Silly cesspool over there.
That has nothing to do with what I asked JTS. And not a single one of those post was from me as I'm sure you know.

Should I remind you of all the asinine posts made here? Beau was about to be a forgotten wrestler for the next 2 years by several.

I pay attention

Not quite.

A Fist Full of Hawkeyes
HR MVP

2) No one
lol sure why wouldnt he want to go to a loser team like iowa when he could go to PENN STATE!!to bad PSU doesnt need him will still kick iowas ass!

well thats 1 to iowa like I said after ncaa tourney iowa will probably get about 8 top transfers its what they do!!LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT