ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Brady Berge's seeding and Coach Sanderson's very specific comments...

Don't think so. Missouri is the only sec team I can think of off the top of my head and not sure Missouri is still sec. Lol
Right, the SEC does not have wrestling as a conference sport, but Missouri wrestles in the Big 12, as does Oklahoma, so the SEC will have two teams with wrestling once Oklahoma is fully integrated into the SEC.

Right, the SEC does not have wrestling as a conference sport, but Missouri wrestles in the Big 12, as does Oklahoma, so the SEC will have two teams with wrestling once Oklahoma is fully integrated into the SEC.
Pretty sad if you asked me. If all the sec schools started wrestling schools and wanted to be competitive think of all the kids who would get a shot at starting. Maybe even help with parity if they could get some good coaches. Just sucks that a major conference doesn't have wrestling

Pretty sad if you asked me. If all the sec schools started wrestling schools and wanted to be competitive think of all the kids who would get a shot at starting. Maybe even help with parity if they could get some good coaches. Just sucks that a major conference doesn't have wrestling
They don't have hockey either. Neither is a very popular sport down there

Exactly. What is sad is a state like California only has 3 D1 wrestling programs, and none of them are in a public P5 school (UCLA, CAL), there is a lot of excellent wrestlers from there. Probably even sadder is a school like Syracuse not having wrestling considering the quality of wrestling in New York state.

Reactions: creamery freak
Georgia, Florida and Texas have quality and quantity high school wrestling.

The reason for the SEC mention was because of the C(ollege)F(ootball)P(layoff) suggestion as a possible seeding model. Use the same group of people to seed the wrestling tournament. The can use the eye test, seed all Missouri and Oklahoma (future) wrestlers 1st and 2nd and not worry about other conferences.

Reactions: creamery freak
Exactly. What is sad is a state like California only has 3 D1 wrestling programs, and none of them are in a public P5 school (UCLA, CAL), there is a lot of excellent wrestlers from there. Probably even sadder is a school like Syracuse not having wrestling considering the quality of wrestling in New York state.
Why doesn't someone go on a nationwide crusade here like Cael or Gable. Something needs to be done about this. I can't imagine more wrestling could ever be bad looking at the numbers I agree California is a breeding ground for wrestling wtf with these institutions

Berge seeding Looks fine to me given what he didn’t do.
Ditto for Hilldebrandt ( what happened to him).
Like mentioned several times on this board that's what you get with drew he has always wrestled that way. Last year without ivy's he caught lightening in a bottle to finish high enough on the podium. I had my doubts but was hoping Cael.could light a fire under his ass offensively. All in all it's what most expected to happen close matches with a lot of hope. Congrats to the young man for a stellar career he still put the work in and now it's time to show some heart on the back side. He did some good things for us this year and I'm grateful we have him.

Like mentioned several times on this board that's what you get with drew he has always wrestled that way. Last year without ivy's he caught lightening in a bottle to finish high enough on the podium. I had my doubts but was hoping Cael.could light a fire under his ass offensively. All in all it's what most expected to happen close matches with a lot of hope. Congrats to the young man for a stellar career he still put the work in and now it's time to show some heart on the back side. He did some good things for us this year and I'm grateful we have him.
I don't think a lot of people know the context of how he got AA last year. He got a miracle takedown on Brody Teske as he was down 2-0 with like 10 seconds left. Loser of that match was set to face a white hot Pat McKee (he lost to the same one) so Drew was very close to being more of a blood round guy. He beat Latona but candidly, I think we overrated him a bit after he was "close" to Nick Suriano.

I don't know if Berge will win but I have to believe there are a lot of guys with a worse seed than Berge that he'd like to see in the 2nd round.
Seeding is noise; win and nothing else matters.

ADVERTISEMENT