ADVERTISEMENT

RBY vs Lee Thread on HR

One of the biggest (and to me, most amusing) ironies in sports is the constant Tom Brands mantra about “Moving Forward”. Neither he nor a faction of his tHR disciples seem even remotely capable of it, dwelling on past ‘crimes’ against them like it’s their profession to do so. Same ol’ same ol’ in that shrinking corner of the wrestling world.

Just add RBY, his left arm, and his steps to the long list of things from which they’ll never move forward. While the wrestling world evolves and passes them by.
I like the edgier side of slushy. Lol

most iowa wrestler like to get 2 early then stall out the match or stall the whole match and try to get 2 the last 30 seconds!!
Get 2 early? Iowa is the master of the 0-0 first period. Marinelli's Big10 final was the perfect HR match. 0-0 first, trade escapes and 2 pushout for stall calls and a 2-1 victory.

Reactions: IndyLion1
I believe RBY was very cautious whenever he wrestled ADS. If you watched the interview that pish posted, RBY said that he knew ADS was coming for 7 straight minutes. I think it was always in the back of RBY'S mind that if ADS came off the rails during a scramble he could seriously injure him. An injury could end your season or career. RBY stated there were a couple of matches he didn't want to wrestle and I'm sure ADS at Carver was one of them. He basically did all he needed to do to beat ADS and tried to not put himself in harm's way. Just my opinion.
I would need RBY to allude to that before I would believe your opinion (about hurting in a scramble).

Is Lee even going to come back after witnessing that parade of injuries? No chance of a team title and he is on record on how he dislikes Folk. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he just moves on.
Well, it would surprise the hell out of me. To pass up the chance at being a four timer is something I don't think has ever crossed his mind. Buy, as always I reserve the right to be wrong.

I would need RBY to allude to that before I would believe your opinion (about hurting in a scramble).
I agree and maybe I'm totally wrong with my opinion. ADS has cleaned up his act and seems like a great kid. History has shown that he can be a stick of dynamite at times with his outbursts. What I was alluding to with RBY was he wrestled a very strategic and controlled match at Carver. RBY didn't want to light ADS's fuse and because of that he was accused of stalling.

Reactions: therod
Well, it would surprise the hell out of me. To pass up the chance at being a four timer is something I don't think has ever crossed his mind. Buy, as always I reserve the right to be wrong.
Besides, what kind of field general would Spencer be if after pressuring his aged and ailing teammates to risk life and limb to give it another go this year he then refuses to do the same next year? Like the legendary Graybeards of Iowa who fought for the Union during the Civil War, duty and Spencer's legacy demand it!

ADVERTISEMENT