ADVERTISEMENT

RBY / Desanto final college match

kps7987

Aug 27, 2016
Does ether wrestler adopt a new strategy tonight? Will Desanto tone down aggressiveness and make RBY come to home? Will RBY attack early? If semi’s are called like the rest of this tourney I don’t see the forced stall call strategy working. I am confident in an RBY win but more concerned than usual.

I don't think any strategy can change, ADS has made it known what he will do.

The ADS strategy is set. It's all up to RBY to let loose. Although nothing horrible has happened between them, I do worry about the extracurriculars.
This is where I'll defend ADS, I'll admit it has to do with his past (the Micic match) but there have been multiple instances in their matches where there was potential for extracurriculars (ADS was near RBY's joints around when the whistle blew), I was nervous and he never even attempt to do anything. He's not a dirty wrestler anymore. He still has outbursts at time but I don't think there has been intent to injure since Drexel.

This is where I'll defend ADS, I'll admit it has to do with his past (the Micic match) but there have been multiple instances in their matches where there was potential for extracurriculars (ADS was near RBY's joints around when the whistle blew) and he doesn't do anything. He's not a dirty wrestler anymore. He still has outbursts at time but I don't think there has been intent to injure since Drexel.
I agree with you. There seems to be a lot of mutual respect between them. I just can't help but worry...

RBY is in AD's head. And, that domicile is a very challenging place to live.

Anxiety and Brain | direct

Not that I'm going out on limb by saying this but you can bet that Desanto is going to be proudly carrying the weight of the Hawkeyes on his shoulders tonight. He will be going 100 mph for 3 periods from whistle to whistle and maybe a little past that if he gets desperate. Now with that being said that doesn't mean he'll be anymore successful than in the past but I'm expecting quite a show.

Reactions: Ski
DeSanto is stuck between a rock and a really hard spot. He generally motors people into the ground and that doesn't work against RBY. He can take multiple shots on RBY, but he is a little afraid (cradles) to turn the corner on RBY. He can push and drive into RBY looking for stall calls, but then he is open to RBY hitting that little drag and running the corner to a leg or a go behind.

If it was me and I had DeSanto's tool box I would simply let it rip and see if I could get RBY into a double digit scoring match. Damn, that would be a freaking fun assed match to watch.

Last edited:
DeSanto is stuck between a rock and a really part spot. He generally motors people into the ground and that doesn't work against RBY. He can take multiple shots on RBY, but he is a little afraid (cradles) to turn the corner on RBY. He can push and drive into RBY looking for stall calls, but then he is open to RBY hitting that little drag and running the corner to a leg or a go behind.

If it was me and I had DeSanto's tool box I would simply let it rip and see if I could get RBY into a double digit scoring match. Damn, that would be a freaking fun assed match to watch.
RBY would still win!

DeSanto is stuck between a rock and a really part spot. He generally motors people into the ground and that doesn't work against RBY. He can take multiple shots on RBY, but he is a little afraid (cradles) to turn the corner on RBY. He can push and drive into RBY looking for stall calls, but then he is open to RBY hitting that little drag and running the corner to a leg or a go behind.

Problem for ADS is that last time he tried to really open up, he ended up counting lights twice before defaulting.

Assuming were in for a repeat performance of their last 2 matches...I hope tonight's ref either doesn't call stalling on RBY at all or hits him very early.

Honestly, in their last 2 matches, I probably would have called RBY multiple times. I just don't quite understand the defensive strategy when RBY could comfortably win possibly dominate.

If I’m coaching ADS, which apparently, I’ve just been informed that I am not, I’m telling him to keep the pace and fight through the heavy hips. The worst he could do is get pinned and while that won’t ingratiate himself to the crowd, it won’t hurt Iowa any.

Not that I'm going out on limb by saying this but you can bet that Desanto is going to be proudly carrying the weight of the Hawkeyes on his shoulders tonight. He will be going 100 mph for 3 periods from whistle to whistle and maybe a little past that if he gets desperate. Now with that being said that doesn't mean he'll be anymore successful than in the past but I'm expecting quite a show.
And I'm betting a little birdie has told rby that and they have a plan

Problem for ADS is that last time he tried to really open up, he ended up counting lights twice before defaulting.

Assuming were in for a repeat performance of their last 2 matches...I hope tonight's ref either doesn't call stalling on RBY at all or hits him very early.

Honestly, in their last 2 matches, I probably would have called RBY multiple times. I just don't quite understand the defensive strategy when RBY could comfortably win possibly dominate.
I think rby is going to open it up. He said in his most recent interview about being an entertainer. His family is there. I think he wants to go out in style

Knock on wood… but someone was posting earlier on shots to TD ratio for Berge… I think RBY has to lead the nation in that category. It’s as if anytime he wants a TD, he gets it. Rarely does he shoot and not finish. I’m sure I’m seeing that thru blue and white goggles.

DeSanto wrestled a more reserved style this time around and still couldn't break-through. RBY has insane hips and defense. Credit to him. My money says he comes back next year in January, and joins the Lions again.

DeSanto wrestled a more reserved style this time around and still couldn't break-through. RBY has insane hips and defense. Credit to him. My money says he comes back next year in January, and joins the Lions again.
What makes you say January

ADVERTISEMENT