ADVERTISEMENT

RBY Article on UFC.com

Really hope he comes back next year.
Willie teased us a bit in the 2023 projections about RBY reconsidering. RBY himself said he'll play it by ear. Obviously for now, let's assume he isn't because that's what he said but I think depending on how this year plays out, he would consider it. I do think RBY wanted to be the face of a title team, if we lose this year, only one team title (that he wasn't the face of) during his entire tenure would be a tough pill to swallow somewhat for him I bet.

I imagine Cael would give him a ton of flexibility, AKA do whatever you want in the summer and Fall, enroll in January in some graduate program and just wrestle 2.5 months (AKA the Suriano plan) then drop out.

Reactions: Jplions4
Could be wrong, but I perceive RBY as a strongly forward-thinking, goal-driven achiever — like way at the far end of that personality spectrum. I would be surprised if he hung around just to “be the face” of something. Seems like he is excited about the next prospective phase of his journey, and it can be very difficult to stand pat or not go all-in when you already have that glimmer of excitement about a new goal to pursue.

Could be wrong, but I perceive RBY as a strongly forward-thinking, goal-driven achiever — like way at the far end of that personality spectrum. I would be surprised if he hung around just to “be the face” of something. Seems like he is excited about the next prospective phase of his journey, and it can be very difficult to stand pat or not go all-in when you already have that glimmer of excitement about a new goal to pursue.
Sure sure. Like I said, we should all assume he’s not coming back because that’s what he said. I also think RBY is the most confident individual in the world and he fully plans to win an individual and team title this year and thus be ready to go out on top.

I wish this topic would go east to west and out into the Pacific until at least April for god's sake

Well Str8, we could use you as a reverse barometer! ;)

c1c62ccb-d33a-4df9-a35b-7749de9a5b38_text.gif

I could could give my input but.... No one believe it anyways.
Str8, I come in peace: You probably would prefer it if folks believed you. If so--may I suggest owning up to your mistake(s) a little? Might go a long way. You do bring good info to this board regularly--but it's the "how" that, IMO, needs work to build crediblity. Humility is always a good icebreaker, though.

Last edited:
I’m in agreement. I think this kid has had a plan since before State College. He often discusses the need to capitalize on this time economically. He’s either preparing his brand or preparing for the real world. Whatever that looks like for him. I don’t think being a face of a team with other multiple champs is the goal.

Reactions: slushhead
Same somebody who told my Kyle Snyder was coming to town also told me about RBY. Sooo 🤔
^
|
These are not the same somebody
|
V

Also heard with my very own ears that Seth would have wrestled vs Lehigh but he wasn't cleared in time... by someone way more involved with the team than any1 on this board.

Same somebody who told my Kyle Snyder was coming to town also told me about RBY. Sooo 🤔
^
|
These are not the same somebody
|
V

Also heard with my very own ears that Seth would have wrestled vs Lehigh but he wasn't cleared in time... by someone way more involved with the team than any1 on this board.
What exactly do you mean by "someone way more involved with the team"? Jk

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
That doesnt mean he’s coming to YOUR house.
I tried to tell my 3 year old that he needs to start using the potty or santa wasn't coming.

Diapers are expensive but this could save me some $$ if he starts using the potty as a new years resolution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT