ADVERTISEMENT

Rasir Bolton available in portal

sss

Jun 5, 2001

For those not interested in the link:

AMES, Iowa -- Rasir Bolton, Iowa State's leading scorer this past season, has entered the NCAA transfer portal and will be looking to play at his third school in four years.

Bolton left Penn State in 2019 after then-coach Patrick Chambers made a race-tinged comment to Bolton. Chambers resigned in October 2020.

Bolton averaged 15.5 points per game for an Iowa State team that won only two games. Coach Steve Prohm was fired and replaced by T.J. Otzelberger.

In announcing his plan to transfer, Bolton tweeted, "On March 11th I stated my continued commitment to #CyclONEnation, I later learned that every decision is not ours to make."

Bolton started 50 of 51 games in two seasons at Iowa State and averaged 15 points, four rebounds and 3.3 assists.

The native of Petersburg, Virginia, will have one year of eligibility as a graduate transfer.

Reactions: NedFromYork
""On March 11th I stated my continued commitment to #CyclONEnation, I later learned that every decision is not ours to make.""

Translation, he was asked to leave.

And he was the team’s leading scorer. 🤔

images

When he was here he got much better as the season went on. He was really looking pretty good at the end of that season. At the beginning of the season, though, I think they lost a few games because of him. I recall a loss to DePaul. But he got way better towards the end of that season.

The head case who derailed PSU basketball...and screwed Pat. I am sure he was a real noose-ance at ISU, that's why they showed him the door. Unbelievable! And Sandy and the rest of the boys just caved to his "racist" claims. This shit is getting so old.....I am at the point where I am hedging on whether or not I should ask my students to take out a black pen without serving consequences. #somuchaboutnothing

Not sure how he improved so much late in the year considering by then he wasn’t playing.

The head case who derailed PSU basketball...and screwed Pat. I am sure he was a real noose-ance at ISU, that's why they showed him the door. Unbelievable! And Sandy and the rest of the boys just caved to his "racist" claims. This shit is getting so old.....I am at the point where I am hedging on whether or not I should ask my students to take out a black pen without serving consequences. #somuchaboutnothing
Pat Chambers, in my opinion, was unjustly treated. At a minimum he was not afforded due process. Eric Barron, Sandy Barbour, Lynn Holleran and a member of the BOT should be ashamed of themselves. The rush to political correctness is indicative of the lack of leadership at Penn State.

By the way, I believe Bolton also transferred high schools 2 or 3 days.

^ So you will name and call out people by name except your BOT peer? IMO either go all in and call out everyone by name (including your peer) or you look like you lack a pair.

Penn State’s lack of leadership is at least coming up on about 10 years soon. Was probably there prior, but when leadership (BOT) basically decide to bend over and destroy the reputation of the University more than any accusations, etc. well...

Last edited:
Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Pat Chambers, in my opinion, was unjustly treated. At a minimum he was not afforded due process. Eric Barron, Sandy Barbour, Lynn Holleran and a member of the BOT should be ashamed of themselves. The rush to political correctness is indicative of the lack of leadership at Penn State.

Also, a “race-tinged comment”? It goes to show almost anything can be made offensive in some way if you want it to be.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
^ So you will name and call out people by name except your BOT peer? IMO either go all in and call out everyone by name (including your peer) or you look like you lack a pair.

Penn State’s lack of leadership is at least coming up on about 10 years soon. Was probably there prior, but when leadership (BOT) basically decide to bend over and destroy the reputation of the University more than any accusations, etc. well...
Agree disappointing not revealing BoT name. Reading the now locked thread on the pay board, a certain usually even keeled poster that often has inside info, kinda went off the deep end and is saying Brandon Short was instrumental in Chambers getting cancelled.

Reactions: bison13
Agree disappointing not revealing BoT name. Reading the now locked thread on the pay board, a certain usually even keeled poster that often has inside info, kinda went off the deep end and is saying Brandon Short was instrumental in Chambers getting cancelled.

I‘m sure Brandon will address that when he comes here to request votes for trustee.

Also, a “race-tinged comment”? It goes to show almost anything can be made offensive in some way if you want it to be.
Exactly - another example of terrible journalism. If you hadn't followed the story, you would believe that Pat actually made a "race-tinged comment" rather than used a common expression that was blown way out of proportion and (likely) deliberately misinterpreted.

I‘m sure Brandon will address that when he comes here to request votes for trustee.

Really? I'm not sure. As much respect as I have had for Brandon, when someone steps into the political arena they seem to get a much better dance step......

We'll see.

Exactly - another example of terrible journalism. If you hadn't followed the story, you would believe that Pat actually made a "race-tinged comment" rather than used a common expression that was blown way out of proportion and (likely) deliberately misinterpreted.

If he said it to a witch it would have been more derogatory.

He was screwed by an ass on the team that nobody liked so much. Also let's fire up a 35 footer 3 seconds into a possession

Reactions: Ski and psu1969a
If he said it to a witch it would have been more derogatory.

He was screwed by an ass on the team that nobody liked so much. Also let's fire up a 35 footer 3 seconds into a possession
A few months back somebody posted a graph for women with hotness on the x-axis and crazy on the y-axis. It would be interesting to see a similar graph with ability on the x-axis and non-team player on the y-axis. There would then be an area called "do not allow to transfer in to our team".

A few months back somebody posted a graph for women with hotness on the x-axis and crazy on the y-axis. It would be interesting to see a similar graph with ability on the x-axis and non-team player on the y-axis. There would then be an area called "do not allow to transfer in to our team".

I can't argue with this bullshit.

The trick here is that we've moved much more to a "feelings" based culture. Part of that is post-modernism. If there's no measuring stick on truth, and whatever you believe is "true for you", well, there you are. Feelings rule. And everything is personal. This is seen across the political spectrum. The trick is that folks on the one hand want you to accept them no matter what position they may hold but then turn around and feel free to critique yours. The other trick is that there appears to be at least *some* objective truth that is independent of feeling. The sun came up this morning, for example.

The danger of relying on perception can be seen in Rule 51 (NCIS). "Sometimes you're wrong". I'll give an example--and this has happened in various forms more than once. I'm in a store and a guy comes at me yelling at me. I get a bit nervous. Until I notice that he has small ear buds and a really small mike near his mouth. He's actually talking on the phone.*

What we need, and I fear will not get, currently, is a culture that gives a person the benefit of the doubt. Sure there are racist jerks out there--but maybe not as many as some might think. See The Coddling of the American Mind for more on this issue. There is a short version available on line.

Me? I self-censor a lot more than I used to. We're about to have diversity training at my job--and my company is HQed inside the Beltway. We'll see.

*I did want to note another case I once observed. I'm in line in Kroger and the guy in front of me is talking on his phone. He was apparently a lawyer and was discussing details of a divorce case he was working on. I was able to hear enough (in fact I could not avoid hearing) to realize it was a major, contentious case and one I'd recently read about in the paper. *eek*

I'm thinking that he was playing a lot of the same BS games there as he did here...

If I were giving advice to ANY BBall Program who might be interested in Rashir Bolton... it would be RUN !! RUN AWAY as FAST as you can !!

It’s indicative of the entire country these days.

Amen.

I'm thinking that he was playing a lot of the same BS games there as he did here...

If I were giving advice to ANY BBall Program who might be interested in Rashir Bolton... it would be RUN !! RUN AWAY as FAST as you can !!
LAToner1: you made my day. ROFLOL. Really.

He shoots 31.4% from 3 - that's terrible
His career 34.2% is higher than Talor Battle’s 34.1% career mark.

Guys like them end up forcing a lot of 3s deep in the shot clock. I don’t think we’d remember Battle as a terrible three point shooter.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
ADVERTISEMENT