ADVERTISEMENT

Rasheed Walker as a 1st round drat choice? Only if Howie Roseman selects him.

So disgusted with offensive line play in general. It used to be a Nittany Lion strength. Now it is a continuous embarrassment. So done with this and yeah, I'm borderline drunk. Maybe I'll regret venting tomorrow. Maybe not.
I was going to edit the post, as 1st round "drat" choice sounds stupid. Now, in retrospect, not so much. God the offensive line is such an Achilles Heel!

So disgusted with offensive line play in general. It used to be a Nittany Lion strength. Now it is a continuous embarrassment. So done with this and yeah, I'm borderline drunk. Maybe I'll regret venting tomorrow. Maybe not.
His demeanor on the field is so lazy and listless....that OL group as a whole looks like a group that needs some piss and vinegar.

When exactly has our OL consistently been a strength? I think back to Saquan and we couldn’t even establish a consistent running game with him absent some of his video game esque runs.

This OL is the worst in school history outside of sanctions years. Pantywaists (can you still say that?). Wimps. Could not whip their way out of a wet paper bag. An embarrassment to the history of PSU linemen. How can every DL we play just absolutely manhandle them? So disgusted with watching the line of scrimmage move backward with every running play. If they were even halfway to mediocre, this team would be undefeated. Someone on this great defense, being wasted by having ZERO offensive run game, should order a Code Red (see A Few Good Men movie). Trautwein should resign in shame. Walker as an NFL draft choice???!!! Ha!

Last edited:
I only cited Walker as he has the highest purported ceiling. The line as a whole is simply inadequate. If we had the average quality line from the Paterno era, we would be undefeated.

Man, would I ever love to have Jeff Stoutland as the Eagles O-line coach. He can identify talent and get the most out of it.

There is one guy on this team that is a 1st round pick that is Dotson and if he is a first round pick that will make 4 guys picked in the 1st round for Franklin in 8 years. Not Elite.

2nd play of the game, Walker got faked out, and then just stood there and watched the Michigan player run to Clifford. That play and his demeanor during the play told me all I need to know about this O line.
Speaking of playing angry or nasty, don’t recall any of our OL ever getting in the grill of opposing D linemen after they administer a questionable beating/late hit on our qb.

This OL is the worst in school history outside of sanctions years. Pantywaists (can you still say that?). Wimps. Could not whip their way out of a wet paper bag. An embarrassment to the history of PSU linemen. How can every DL we play just absolutely manhandle them? So disgusted with watching the line of scrimmage move backward with every running play. If they were even halfway to mediocre, this team would be undefeated. Someone on this great defense, being wasted by having ZERO offensive run game, should order a Code Red (see A Few Good Men movie). Trautwein should resign in shame. Walker as an NFL draft choice???!!! Ha!
Agree, except Trautwein has only been working with these players for a year. 2020 was unable to coach live because of Covid-19.

2nd play of the game, Walker got faked out, and then just stood there and watched the Michigan player run to Clifford. That play and his demeanor during the play told me all I need to know about this O line.
From my seats in the N end zone I watched him all day. It was a putrid display. Guy gets beat like a drum almost every play. And you NEVER see him even look like he is pissed off! And if I was Clifford I would be all over him....what is really amazing to me is that Walker is still better than the back-up! Seriously....how bad is our 2nd unit if we can't tell a guy like Walker or the tackle on the other side to sit on the bench.

Yep all the time...his effort sucks

From my seats in the N end zone I watched him all day. It was a putrid display. Guy gets beat like a drum almost every play. And you NEVER see him even look like he is pissed off! And if I was Clifford I would be all over him....what is really amazing to me is that Walker is still better than the back-up! Seriously....how bad is our 2nd unit if we can't tell a guy like Walker or the tackle on the other side to sit on the bench.
I think this sums up my thoughts this morning. We supposedly have all these great recruits and yet none can see the field when our other guys are getting destroyed. We also have no back ups worth a damn when our stars get hurt. Where is the depth and the competition that depth creates.

Yeah I saw that. Pathetic. Looked fat and slow v

I think this sums up my thoughts this morning. We supposedly have all these great recruits and yet none can see the field when our other guys are getting destroyed. We also have no back ups worth a damn when our stars get hurt. Where is the depth and the competition that depth creates.
Oh how I miss the former owner of this rag! he used to tell us of all the first round picks on the O line and the best RB room in the nation. Ah man those were the days. ;) :rolleyes:

I agree with all u wrote...and to your last sentence...we never know how good the 2nd unit is because they never rotate! We see other positions bring in the depth, some 2's and even 3's...but never the OL. It's amazing and truly no accountability at all if those guys slack off or perform poorly. As you mentioned about 'Sheed, watch him after many of those sacks or TFL's...the moment his guy gets by him or the play is away from him, he stops, he just stops moving. So, if Cliff were to keep the play alive, he wouldn't be ready for a block or anything. Just a total dog and he can't leave soon enough.

We need to rethink our OL Recruiting philosophy. It sounds funny but I believe we recruit potential and then hope they can play. That is why you never seen much of a rotation at OL. The back-ups are all "right sized" guys but none of them can play a lick. Think Sterling Jenkins, kid had All-American size but couldn't play football. Right now I see that is guys like Jimmy Christ, Olu Fashanu, and Ibrahim Trahore......great size but can't see the field?
And don't give me the lineman take longer to develop. I see 1st and 2nd year guys starting all over the country and yet our young OL can't crack the line up on a team that seriously struggles up front?

Reactions: scrivener
Thanks coach.
Come on, man.

WTF would we have to talk about if people couldn't give their opinions on the game/program.

Seriously. You're being ridiculous.

It's a football game/program. Of course, people will comment on why we lost, why we won, who played bad and why, and so forth.

And of course, in 19 occurrences out of 20, the coaching staff will know better.

Everyone knows that.......but we comment anyway because otherwise, every conversation will be:

"Well, I'm just a sales guy at Hitchcock Ford who played high school football, what do I really know? I'm just going to trust that Franklin has this."

Come on, man.

WTF would we have to talk about if people couldn't give their opinions on the game/program.

It's a football game/program. Of course, people will comment on why we lost, why we won, who played bad and why, and so forth.

And of course, in 19 occurrences out of 20, the coaching staff will know better.

Everyone knows that.......but we comment anyway because otherwise, every conversation will be:

"Well, I'm just a sales guy at Hitchcock Ford who played high school football, what do I really know? I'm just going to trust that Franklin has this."

I agree, although I am very deferential to the coaches. But there are times where it just doesn't seem like there is a reasonable explanation for their decisions. Case in point, our final offensive possession on Saturday. What did they see in that situation that made them think that targeting Cam Sullivan Brown TWICE on low percentage passes would yield a positive result? I don't think you need to be a coach to question that decision.

Reactions: searay26
I agree, although I am very deferential to the coaches. But there are times where it just doesn't seem like there is a reasonable explanation for their decisions. Case in point, our final offensive possession on Saturday. What did they see in that situation that made them think that targeting Cam Sullivan Brown TWICE on low percentage passes would yield a positive result? I don't think you need to be a coach to question that decision.
The only thing I can think of is that they thought they could trick the defense by targeting him. They almost did but he can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

That should have been a Theo, PW, Lee, and Cliff drive to a victory. Instead it was the most head scratching moment of the day.

Is CSB really the best we can do as a back up?

I’m not going to read another post in this thread. I already know enough to comment. If you’re going to get drunk, commit to it completely. Being “borderline drunk” shows a lack of dedication, effort and commitment. Much like our O Line.

• Haha
Reactions: 19333lion
Come on, man.

And I expressed mine Sorry if that offends you.

ADVERTISEMENT