ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings Updates — Feb 2022

Well they are 0 for the last 3 in March since Iowa won 2020 Big 10’s, 2021 Big 10’s, and 2021 NCAA’s. Hope you didn’t lose too much.
Well I guess you can look at it like that however in the past 10 years he probably didn’t just bet on the team races but also all the individual matches….especially the finals. More than likely he paid off his house by doing that..

Well they are 0 for the last 3 in March since Iowa won 2020 Big 10’s, 2021 Big 10’s, and 2021 NCAA’s. Hope you didn’t lose too much.
You dunked on our board's version of IRONBIRD.

Must be a proud day for you.

Last edited:
After five years and 1197 posts, you still don't understand. We don't really care about Big 10's!!!!!
Yet everyone (or most) on this forum will be tuning in. Me and others are spending a couple pennies to attend in person. And when each guy wins or loses at Big Ten's it'll be either hyperbolic ecstasy or over-the-top anger (showing up as unsupportive post on this very forum). Thank goodness it is only a couple, and the reasonable folks will bring balance to what's posted before we enter cesspool II.

I get what's said above -- that NCAA's are THE prize -- but to say we don't care is disingenuous. Perspective.

Yet everyone (or most) on this forum will be tuning in. Me and others are spending a couple pennies to attend in person. And when each guy wins or loses at Big Ten's it'll be either hyperbolic ecstasy or over-the-top anger (showing up as unsupportive post on this very forum). Thank goodness it is only a couple, and the reasonable folks will bring balance to what's posted before we enter cesspool II.

I get what's said above -- that NCAA's are THE prize -- but to say we don't care is disingenuous. Perspective.

Reactions: Reslo
before we enter cesspool II.
Agreed. I don't forsee this happening here. Yes we have some fans that get salty from time to time regarding various topics, but I don't think the Mods and other reasonable Board posters allow certain posters or negativity to infect this forum the way HR became. I think we do a pretty good job of policing ourselves here and keeping things in check overall.

Reactions: dbldoofus

We don’t really care is an exaggeration, to be sure.

That said, in comparison to NCAAs, the Bigs are just the tiny ant to the NCAAs’ giant elephant. For any Hawkeye fan to make an argument of their program’s recent success by pointing to the Bigs is an incredibly weak argument, at best, and at worst, a disingenuous attempt to win a debate.

That said, in comparison to NCAAs, the Bigs are just the tiny ant to the NCAAs’ giant elephant. For any Hawkeye fan to make an argument of their program’s recent success by pointing to the Bigs is an incredibly weak argument, at best, and at worst, a disingenuous attempt to win a debate.
Fact: Poster said always bet on Penn St in March

Fact: Big 10’s and NCAA Championships are only tourneys in March

Fact: Iowa has won the last three.

Fact: I never compared Big 10’s to NCAA’s in terms of importance

You are missing the point, I believe. Your posts (example: "jmadden1988: Well they are 0 for the last 3 in March since Iowa won 2020 Big 10’s, 2021 Big 10’s, and 2021 NCAA’s. Hope you didn’t lose too much."), at times, are intended to provoke, which is lame imo, but whatever. Pissing contest stuff.

See you in Lincoln and Detroit, may the best team win. The past won't win or lose us anything in 2022, so let it go.

You are missing the point, I believe. Your posts (example: "jmadden1988: Well they are 0 for the last 3 in March since Iowa won 2020 Big 10’s, 2021 Big 10’s, and 2021 NCAA’s. Hope you didn’t lose too much."), at times, are intended to provoke, which is lame imo, but whatever. Pissing contest stuff.

See you in Lincoln and Detroit, may the best team win. The past won't win or lose us anything in 2022, so let it go.
See my previous post.

In addition to the above, Big 10’s is definitely big and important for the fans, but to the coaches, it is not the prize. An example would be what Cael did with a one legged Nolf, his only goal was to get Nolf into Nationals.

Reactions: mcpat
What I think many are saying is, would we love to go to B1G's? Absolutely. Do we care about how our guys do there? Absolutely. Do we care who wins the team title? Absolutely not.

I honestly couldn't care less. I have no problem that others do. That's fine. It's just that many on here don't and can say that truthfully. This is prep to me. My big concern is guys set themselves up for a good run at Ncaa's and stay healthy, and of course....have fun, as I will watching.

Intermat update 2/22
Well, here’s how it ends going into the conference tourneys . . . Penn State (123.5) gets a 0.5-pt bump, and Iowa (84) drops down by 4.0, pushing the former’s hypothetical lead to a season-high 39.5 points. Michigan (78.5), ASU (69), and anOSU (49.5) round out the top 5. Iowa State (48.5), at #7, is but one point out from being a Top-5 Contender like the Iowa Hawkeyes.

PSU changes since Feb 15:
149 - Bartlett up two spots to #17.
157 - Brady “The Plague Is Over” Berge debuts at #13.
165 - Edsell slots in at #23.

PSU now has all 10 weights ranked:
#5, #1, #1, #17, #13, #23, #1, #1, #1, #5.

I repeat, The Plague Is Over.

Other acceptable claims: The Plague Was Greatly Exaggerated.

Go PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT