ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the B1G stadiums from worst to best

I'm glad you keep posting these articles from the Michigan site on a Penn State site. But it is weird that their lists always show Michigan having the best uniforms, best stadium, etc. On the plus side, it reminds me why I hate those self-important a-holes.

It is the only school I forbid my kids to attend when they were considering their college choice.

Illinois used to have the most beautiful exterior of any stadium in the country. They ruined it by grafting a football administration building onto it.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I have no idea how they can rate UM's stadium number one. it is in a nice location (if it wasn't Michigan). I've been to the top three (PSU, tOSU and UM). I've not been to Iowa but friends that have gone loved it.

PSU, in-game, is awesome. It is not so awesome walking around the ground floor behind the seats. I've always thought PSU waists a lot of very valuable real estate under the seats. Regardless, the "curb appeal" when you see it from a distance is better than any stadium I've seen not in ATL, Vegas Or LA (SoFi). it always reminds me of a fabled silver castle of Sir Lancelot.

Interestingly, with the exception of Minnesota's, all of these stadiums are really old.

Obviously a homer call for the Big House so I take our status as #2 as a big endorsement of the Beav. Interesting placement of Kinnick and Camp Randall that I thought might be higher.

Michigan stadium is overrated. Quietest 110,000 people ever.
I've been to big night games at PSU, OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin and Michigan is - by far - the quietest of the 4. In order by crowd noise:

1. PSU
1a. OSU
3. Wisky
4. Michigan.

The gap between Wisky and Michigan is sizeable. In fact, Wisky is right there with PSU and OSU - just a step behind

The Big (Out)House #1…..that’s the best joke of the day by far!

The only time it gets loud is when the Referines are dropping phantom flags on visiting teams!

Reactions: psu00 and wolve1972
I tried looking online doing some searches for an article around 2011/2012 I believe some Michigan students wrote about the great atmosphere at a Whiteout compared to the crowd at a Michigan game. Anyone remember that article or know the link? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: psu00
I've been to big night games at PSU, OSU, Michigan and Wisconsin and Michigan is - by far - the quietest of the 4. In order by crowd noise:

1. PSU
1a. OSU
3. Wisky
4. Michigan.

The gap between Wisky and Michigan is sizeable. In fact, Wisky is right there with PSU and OSU - just a step behind
I have been to all 4 stadiums, PSU, OSU and Camp Randal all at night. Was at Michigan for one of the few OSU games that they actually won.

Wolve's list is spot on.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
They should know that it isnt "the largest stadium ". It seats the most tho. The horseshoe is actually a fraction larger, but their seats are 1" wider.

If both had 18 inch seats:
OSU: 101,568
UM:101,528

If both had 17 inch seats
OSU: 107,627
UM: 107,521

They should know that it isnt "the largest stadium ". It seats the most tho. The horseshoe is actually a fraction larger, but their seats are 1" wider.

If both had 18 inch seats:
OSU: 101,568
UM:101,528

If both had 17 inch seats
OSU: 107,627
UM: 107,521
So Buckeyes = bigger asses.

• Haha
Reactions: psu00 and bison13
Illinois used to have the most beautiful exterior of any stadium in the country. They ruined it by grafting a football administration building onto it.
and a horrible team every year. Goes with the lack of law and order in the Dem City.

I'm glad you keep posting these articles from the Michigan site on a Penn State site. But it is weird that their lists always show Michigan having the best uniforms, best stadium, etc. On the plus side, it reminds me why I hate those self-important a-holes.

It is the only school I forbid my kids to attend when they were considering their college choice.

Like I’ve always said, they are “amaized” with your lack of “amaizment” for their “amaizingness”.

I tried looking online doing some searches for an article around 2011/2012 I believe some Michigan students wrote about the great atmosphere at a Whiteout compared to the crowd at a Michigan game. Anyone remember that article or know the link? Thank you in advance.
I do remember an article or video with Ohio State players talking about the White Out

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT