ADVERTISEMENT

Random Golf post on a wrestling board (wrestling content)

KCLion

Jun 8, 2001
So, last week I decided to play 18 as my body heals from earlier surgeries. As many of you know, I’m severely immunocompromised (CF double lung transplant) and have been extremely careful regarding contracting COVID. As such, I waited until after 2PM and asked the shop if I could play by myself.

Well, as I teed off on the first hole, a guy who started on the back nine by himself asked if I wanted a partner. I explained my situation and we rode in separate carts.

At some point we started talking wrestling, particularly college wrestling and as it turns out, my golf partner was David Simms, a 2-time National Qualifier and a winner of a couple of EIWA championships with Cornel. Nice guy and we had some good chatter while playing. Needless to say he kept going back to Kyle Dake. Later he sent me a picture of himself with Jason Nolf and Maddie.

That's what she said
You beat @El-Jefe to it! Well done.
giphy.gif

Does a Penn State singlet constitute as "proper golf attire?".... asking for a friend.

So, last week I decided to play 18 as my body heals from earlier surgeries. As many of you know, I’m severely immunocompromised (CF double lung transplant) and have been extremely careful regarding contracting COVID. As such, I waited until after 2PM and asked the shop if I could play by myself.

Well, as I teed off on the first hole, a guy who started on the back nine by himself asked if I wanted a partner. I explained my situation and we rode in separate carts.

At some point we started talking wrestling, particularly college wrestling and as it turns out, my golf partner was David Simms, a 2-time National Qualifier and a winner of a couple of EIWA championships with Cornel. Nice guy and we had some good chatter while playing. Needless to say he kept going back to Kyle Dake. Later he sent me a picture of himself with Jason Nolf and Maddie.

Cornell? Did he sue you for beating him?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
What a nice post. Thanks for sharing.

The normal play on also funny.

It's what make this such a nice place to banter.

ADVERTISEMENT