Rand Paul vs Stephanopoulos on Sunday show -- entertaining

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
What specific part or parts of what Rand said do you object to?
Disingenuous bullshit. The election (like all elections) had minor problems, but over all it was fair and clean. Over 80 lawsuits Trump election lawsuits failed. Perpetuating the myth of election fraud is harmful to our nation and is a root cause of the January 6 breach of the Capitol.

razpsu

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2004
Calling out George for being on the left which he always has been but saying he is neutral in his questions.

Was the election stolen. Lol. What a biased set up question.

Then claims the doh said this and that. Lol

When it has nothing to do with the doj.

Paul brought up valid points about pansec of state and state legislatures and George couldn’t even say that is true or anything like that.

Reactions: psuted and Sullivan

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
So the lefty response on here is EXACTLY what Paul was referring to.
He is a wingnut, a looney and is crazy.

What exactly did Paul say
. stolen? - didn't say that
. fraud? - yes but we do not know how much so let's look at it.
Lawsuits? almost all were dismissed on standing which is procedural - true
Certified - he voted to certify BUT felt irregularities should be investigated.-sounds reasonable
He said in Wisconsin there were thousands of votes cast with just a name and no address which historically would be tossed but weren't. Is this true or not?
He said in Pa they changed the voting rules without the state legislature voting for the change. Is this true?.

I am not a huge Paul fan but he sure seemed reasonable. I would like to know what he said that was looney or crazy?

You guys should channel your inner Jeff Bezos and understand mail in ballots without proper oversight bring inherent challenges.

I for one am beyond the election and having more fun counting the NHP's hypocrisy. My goal is to count 100 examples in 100 days.

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
So the lefty response on here is EXACTLY what Paul was referring to.
He is a wingnut, a looney and is crazy.

What exactly did Paul say
. stolen? - didn't say that
. fraud? - yes but we do not know how much so let's look at it.
Lawsuits? almost all were dismissed on standing which is procedural - true
Certified - he voted to certify BUT felt irregularities should be investigated.-sounds reasonable
He said in Wisconsin there were thousands of votes cast with just a name and no address which historically would be tossed but weren't. Is this true or not?
He said in Pa they changed the voting rules without the state legislature voting for the change. Is this true?.

I am not a huge Paul fan but he sure seemed reasonable. I would like to know what he said that was looney or crazy?

You guys should channel your inner Jeff Bezos and understand mail in ballots without proper oversight bring inherent challenges.

I for one am beyond the election and having more fun counting the NHP's hypocrisy. My goal is to count 100 examples in 100 days.
The election was a good election. Focusing on inconsequential irregularities undermines public confidence in our election process for nothing more than partisan gain. In part, this is what led up to the January 6 insurrection.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Paul is a big advocate of States rights. Elections are run by the states. Because Paul doesn't like the results he wants to usurp state election authority?

Reactions: Grove Lion

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
The election was a good election. Focusing on inconsequential irregularities undermines public confidence in our election process for nothing more than partisan gain. In part, this is what led up to the January 6 insurrection.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Paul is a big advocate of States rights. Elections are run by the states. Because Paul doesn't like the results he wants to usurp state election authority?
A good election? Because you liked the outcome for President?

Many, many people don't agree with you. Let's go for transparency and analyze what happened, and what improvements can be made in voting procedures.

Election integrity and the public's belief in fairly conducted elections is absolutely essential to our system.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
"Elections are run by the states" close but not quite. Elections are run by the state legislatures would be more accuirate and the crux of part of his argument.
Well i don't want to speak for Paul but regarding states rights If the US constitution says state legislatures decide something, Paul's position would be LET THE STATE legislature decide. If the state legislature decided you could drive by a voting booth and holler out your window who you were for he might support that.[ might be against the idea and work to change it but be okay with the state deciding to do it that way]

I haven't paid close attention to the post election detail but if what he suggests in Wisconsin that you no longer need to provide an address and that was a CHANGE and the amount was in the thousands, wouldn't any reasonable person want to hear an explanation for that?

"Focusing on inconsequential irregularities helps undermine confidence." So the D's thought 2000 was crooked, the D's thought 2016 was crooked and the R's thought 2020 was crooked. that's 3 of the last 6.
i doubt the confidence level is very high.

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006

Many, many people don't agree with you. Let's go for transparency and analyze what happened, and what improvements can be made in voting procedures.

Election integrity and the public's belief in fairly conducted elections is absolutely essential to our system.
The election was good because every state that certified their results and said it was good. Trump appointee Chris Krebs, the national director of election security, said it was good. 80 Trump election lawsuits went nowhere. AG Bill Barr said there was no significant election fraud.

So the D's thought 2000 was crooked, the D's thought 2016 was crooked and the R's thought 2020 was crooked.
Dems never said the 2000 election was crooked. The Presidency was decided by 300 votes in Florida. Remember the hanging chad? They were fighting about what ballots to count and which ballots to discard. The day after the SC decided the case, Al Gore conceded. Democrats thought there were problems with 2016, but Hillary conceded the next day and Obama had Trump the the WH the Thursday following the Tuesday election.
In the good old pre Trump days, the loosing party conceded the election quickly and wished the new President well. Trump, as always, put his own selfish interests ahead of the good of the country.

gjbankos

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2006

He's not interested in any of that. Really. You are wasting your time.

Reactions: Hotshoe

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
Irregularities have meaning and are often indicative of a larger problem.

Reactions: psuted and gjbankos

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
The election was good because every state that certified their results and said it was good. Trump appointee Chris Krebs, the national director of election security, said it was good. 80 Trump election lawsuits went nowhere. AG Bill Barr said there was no significant election fraud.

Dems never said the 2000 election was crooked. The Presidency was decided by 300 votes in Florida. Remember the hanging chad? They were fighting about what ballots to count and which ballots to discard. The day after the SC decided the case, Al Gore conceded. Democrats thought there were problems with 2016, but Hillary conceded the next day and Obama had Trump the the WH the Thursday following the Tuesday election.
In the good old pre Trump days, the loosing party conceded the election quickly and wished the new President well. Trump, as always, put his own selfish interests ahead of the good of the country.
You are kidding right. Your side just spent 4 years saying Trump was not a legitimate President and for most Bush as well. Google was Bush a legitimate President and see what you get.

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
You are kidding right. Your side just spent 4 years saying Trump was not a legitimate President and for most Bush as well. Google was Bush a legitimate President and see what you get.
I am not kidding. You can find all kinds of people who say all kinds of things. We've never had a sitting President lead an insurrection claiming an election was not legitimate. Speaking for myself, I detest Trump both politically and personally. I believe that there were some problems with the 2016 election, but I never questioned Trump's electoral win.
Post election my problems with the Trump Presidency were his actions not the electoral process.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
I am not kidding. You can find all kinds of people who say all kinds of things. We've never had a sitting President lead an insurrection claiming an election was not legitimate. Speaking for myself, I detest Trump both politically and personally. I believe that there were some problems with the 2016 election, but I never questioned Trump's electoral win.
Post election my problems with the Trump Presidency were his actions not the electoral process.

Reactions: psuted

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
Disingenuous bullshit. The election (like all elections) had minor problems, but over all it was fair and clean. Over 80 lawsuits Trump election lawsuits failed. Perpetuating the myth of election fraud is harmful to our nation and is a root cause of the January 6 breach of the Capitol.
So you are saying that states like PA who illegally and unconstitutally changed the their election laws in the last week of their election is minor??? You'd be screaming like a stuck pig is the changes went against your candidate.

#Salute the Marine
#BIDENERASEDWOMEN
#IdontknowwhatImsigning

Last edited:

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
So you are saying that states like PA who illegally and unconstitutally changed the their election laws in the last week of their election is minor??? You'd be screaming like a stuck pig is the changes went against your candidate.

#Salute the Marine
#BIDENERASEDWOMEN
#IdontknowwhatImsigning
It is sad that Republican election strategy is to disenfranchise voters. As for Pennsylvania, the law was changed in the summer. The change was upheld by the State Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court declined to rule.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It is sad that Republican election strategy is to disenfranchise voters. As for Pennsylvania, the law was changed in the summer. The change was upheld by the State Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court declined to rule.
LOL... Democrats did that dumbass. You are a hoot Jason....

Reactions: psuted

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
My issue especially in PA my birth state was how the rules were changed which as I understood was done not by the legislature but by election officials which is unconstitutional. It would not change the outcome of the election but I want the US Supreme Court to hear the case. I would think everyone would want that.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
My issue especially in PA my birth state was how the rules were changed which as I understood was done not by the legislature but by election officials which is unconstitutional. It would not change the outcome of the election but I want the US Supreme Court to hear the case. I would think everyone would want that.
Jason is dishonest. He doesn't want that to happen....

Reactions: TFBaum

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
My personal opinion is that this was an exceptional year and things happened. The rules weren’t changed to cheat, but in response to a pandemic. It wasn’t done to steal the election. I don’t see this as a trend since last time it happened was 102 years ago. You wanna slap somebody’s hands, be my guest. The rule change was months before the election. It didn’t change the results.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Law was changed in the summer? The PA House and Senate are in recess from the end of June until the beginning of September :rolleyes:

Jason is lying again.

Last edited:

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
My personal opinion is that this was an exceptional year and things happened. The rules weren’t changed to cheat, but in response to a pandemic. It wasn’t done to steal the election. I don’t see this as a trend since last time it happened was 102 years ago. You wanna slap somebody’s hands, be my guest. The rule change was months before the election. It didn’t change the results.
My point is who changed the rules. The Constitution is very clear it is state legislature that can change the rule not unelected election officials.

Reactions: Sullivan

Jason1743

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2006
My point is who changed the rules. The Constitution is very clear it is state legislature that can change the rule not unelected election officials.
FWIW, state court and the US SC let it stand. How do you feel about the President and his Postmaster General sabotaging the USPS prior to the election with significant mail in voting that skewed Democratic?

Last edited:

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Correct me. When was the rule changed?
Gladly. You said the law was changed in the summer. Now you're blabbing about a rule.

The law wasn't changed :rolleyes: