ADVERTISEMENT

RAISE IT

Phils get the win, as Papelbon becomes the all time saves leader in club history.

Once the Buccos got those 2 runs in the 5th, I thought they had it.

Liriano was completely DOMINATING up to that point, and I figured the Phils couldn't score 2 if they played 15 innings.

POW....three runs in the bottom half. And then some tough luck hitting the rest of the way (Has Polanco hit anything OTHER than a line drive the last few days? And damn near every one of them either "just" foul, or right at an outfielder)

All-in-all, the Buccos do seem to be righting the ship...if Pedro can at least have the occasional hot week from here on out, and the starting rotation stays healthy (and Morton's rehab appears to be going well so far) they could be in pretty good shape. If I had to wager on which NL Central team will have the best record from here on out to the end of season, I'd put my $$$ on the Buccos.....just hope they haven't dug too deep a hole.

Once the Buccos got those 2 runs in the 5th, I thought they had it.

Liriano was completely DOMINATING up to that point, and I figured the Phils couldn't score 2 if they played 15 innings.

POW....three runs in the bottom half. And then some tough luck hitting the rest of the way (Has Polanco hit anything OTHER than a line drive the last few days? And damn near every one of them either "just" foul, or right at an outfielder)

All-in-all, the Buccos do seem to be righting the ship...if Pedro can at least have the occasional hot week from here on out, and the starting rotation stays healthy (and Morton's rehab appears to be going well so far) they could be in pretty good shape. If I had to wager on which NL Central team will have the best record from here on out to the end of season, I'd put my $$$ on the Buccos.....just hope they haven't dug too deep a hole.
don't the phillies have 2 world series since the pirates won their last one? ;)

Ah, but the Bucs have 5 World Championships and the Phillies have but 2.:)

Not that anybody here was actually ALIVE during that time...
There should be a rule, if you're a fan of a franchise, you only get to brag about those championships that occurred when you were actually living.

Not that anybody here was actually ALIVE during that time...
There should be a rule, if you're a fan of a franchise, you only get to brag about those championships that occurred when you were actually living.

Born in 1942, I guess I can brag about my Bucs and their 1960, 1971 & 1979 world championships.
Hope to see another three.

Reactions: fairgambit
Born in 1942, I guess I can brag about my Bucs and their 1960, 1971 & 1979 world championships.

See! And I only get to brag about the Phillies 1980 and 2008 World Series wins and none of the ones that came before I was born. Which, just conveniently happens to be zero. So never mind!

This is more for those obnoxiously Yankees fans that brag about 28 titles (i don't know the exact number and I don't care) but were certainly not around when Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle were winning them.

Yep. I can count the same 3 and since my wife went to Pitt, we count them as double so we have 6.:)

Reactions: Hartzie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT