ADVERTISEMENT

Radio show student comment

PSU1991

Mar 6, 2015
I'm listening to Franklin's radio show. He was just asked a question about stadium renovations. He basically said he's focused on Army right now and will be involved in those discussions when the season is over. He mentioned a few things being considered such as bathroom and WiFi improvements. The question was posed by a student from Nittanyville. Franklin ended his answer by asking the student if there's anything he'd like to see. His response - "Paterno Field at Beaver Stadium." Franklin responded, "Everything is up for consideration." Found it very interesting that comment came from a student who some have suggested don't care about our history.

I'm listening to Franklin's radio show. He was just asked a question about stadium renovations. He basically said he's focused on Army right now and will be involved in those discussions when the season is over. He mentioned a few things being considered such as bathroom and WiFi improvements. The question was posed by a student from Nittanyville. Franklin ended his answer by asking the student if there's anything he'd like to see. His response - "Paterno Field at Beaver Stadium." Franklin responded, "Everything is up for consideration." Found it very interesting that comment came from a student who some have suggested don't care about our history.

Interesting, maybe a statue of Joe will be back (just not the same one).

Don't tell michy, his brain might break.

Yes, the same one. In the same place. With the same background.

Well if that statue still exists, then fine, but I would prefer one with a more accurate depiction of Joe. I don't recall ever seeing Joe with index finger raised. Many times I've seen him with a closed fist in the air, but never index finger raised.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Well if that statue still exists, then fine, but I would prefer one with a more accurate depiction of Joe. I don't recall ever seeing Joe with index finger raised. Many times I've seen him with a closed fist in the air, but never index finger raised.
Perhaps the new statue should have his middle finger raised! Then the wall behind him should say...."this is for you Freeh, Emmert, Sandusky, BOT's and ESPN and all the other A-Holes who jumped to judgment without the facts!!!!!!"

Reactions: harjeff

There was a long awkward pause before JF gave his answer though.

Well they'll inevitably be looking for additional money to fund stadium improvements so an official announcement of renaming it "Paterno Field at Beaver Stadium" and putting the statue back up would be a good place to start with a fundraising campaign.

Yes, the same one. In the same place. With the same background.
Agree totally. Same statue. Same place. Same background.................just for general principle. After an appropriate time period, replace that God awful thing with one that better represents the man and who he was.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT