ADVERTISEMENT

Quote from On3 worth sharing

idk man. if someone called me a name that hurt me, i would feel bad. so i try not to do that to others. doesn’t matter if i don’t totally understand why. it’s an easy thing to do. you call that PC. i think it’s the absolute bare minimum of just being a nice person
It is one thing to intentionally call someone a name that hurts them and another to use a perfectly correct word and have that person claim you are insensitive and then belittle you for not being sensitive to their feelings. If a person innocently uses a phrase that "you" have deemed offensive, it is "you" that needs to adjust. IMHO

also just have to say, you all get a kick out of it because you dislike the recipient of the comment, but if an iowa fan or parent publicly described cael with a similarly derogatory word, widely considered to be a slur, you all would be rightfully upset. not a very classy moment from mr. brooks.
Midget is derogatory…jeeze i bet you wear a mask when you are driving alone to prevent catching COVID

Midget is derogatory…jeeze i bet you wear a mask when you are driving alone to prevent catching COVID
It absolutely was derogatory in the context it was used. Its OK to admit that. Ask a neutral party that doesn't follow wrestling tell you what they got out of that comment.

Reactions: Franklinstheman
also just have to say, you all get a kick out of it because you dislike the recipient of the comment, but if an iowa fan or parent publicly described cael with a similarly derogatory word, widely considered to be a slur, you all would be rightfully upset. not a very classy moment from mr. brooks.
Nah, I wouldn’t mind it at all. Stop making something more than it is over here. Could always just stay over there if you don’t like what people are saying over here.

It absolutely was derogatory in the context it was used. Its OK to admit that. Ask a neutral party that doesn't follow wrestling tell you what they got out of that comment.
Awww did you get your feelings hurt? You poor little baby. Why don’t you cry and bitch somewhere else. Jeeze and i thought they made men out there in iowa not little boys

Reactions: danoftw
I am convinced the cure to cancer will be found if we just keep debating “midget” a little bit more!! COME ON EVERYBODY! LET’S CURE CANCER! WE CAN DO IT!!! * :)

[* footnote: edited to remove the gratuitous, non-PC word 3x]

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe and Fatmarc
Yeah, that thread happened. Last I saw, armbar weighed in, and I figured it was likey to devolve even further at that point.

tHR mods have been very active lately in nuking entire threads (or large portions thereof) when people get riled up, act out, and make the place look bad. That’s at least the 3rd thread to get disappeared in the last 4 days, and a fourth thread was cleansed of cesspooliness.
Because their #s are down. They are trying to clean up a toxic dump site

In the context it was used? He didn't even put a name to the midg...umm...I mean dwar uhhh...little person?

And even if he did say Terry Brands, are you saying it was derogatory in the context it was used because Terry really is a dwa... ugg...I mean midg....**sigh** I meant to say little person?

Nah, I wouldn’t mind it at all. Stop making something more than it is over here. Could always just stay over there if you don’t like what people are saying over here.
He tried to make a fuss over there but they deleted it. Turk and his buddies are all into trying to make Mr. Brooks look bad. They liked him until Aaron committed to PSU then they started accusing him and Aaron of taking payoffs. They are scum.

Right now they are chummy with Gabe Arnold's dad. Can't wait to see what they do to him if Gabe goes elsewhere because it won't be pretty. But no worries, I'll be right there to remind anyone outside of Iowa that visits that site what dirtballs Turk and friends are over there.

Personally, I love Mr. Brooks. The man has a long history of thoughtful respectful commentary. Not to mention the stellar parenting job he has done raising our star. Cut him a break for god's sake!!!

On second thought I decided to poll my local population of little person's, and received universal feedback. All were grossly insulted being compared in any way to that maniac Brands. They prefer we use the label Tasmanian Devil fir Brands, and issue an apology for the affront.

Last edited:
He tried to make a fuss over there but they deleted it. Turk and his buddies are all into trying to make Mr. Brooks look bad. They liked him until Aaron committed to PSU then they started accusing him and Aaron of taking payoffs. They are scum.

Right now they are chummy with Gabe Arnold's dad. Can't wait to see what they do to him if Gabe goes elsewhere because it won't be pretty. But no worries, I'll be right there to remind anyone outside of Iowa that visits that site what dirtballs Turk and friends are over there.
if he goes out of his way to publicly trash talk iowa and iowa fans then probably not well haha. you guys act like they dislike mr brooks for no reason. he’s brought that hate on himself (and i doubt he’s too worried about it so good for him). larry early’s dad posted on hr for years and his son almost became an honorary hawk by the end of his career. if gabe goes elsewhere and his dad continues to check in every now and then and is still his usual positive nice self, i’d guess gabe will continue to be a fan favorite over there.

if he goes out of his way to publicly trash talk iowa and iowa fans then probably not well haha. you guys act like they dislike mr brooks for no reason. he’s brought that hate on himself (and i doubt he’s too worried about it so good for him). larry early’s dad posted on hr for years and his son almost became an honorary hawk by the end of his career. if gabe goes elsewhere and his dad continues to check in every now and then and is still his usual positive nice self, i’d guess gabe will continue to be a fan favorite over there.
You guys started saying he was shopping his kids athletic abilities long before he started trashing Iowa. Probably where Mr.Brooks got a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to anything Iowa but maybe I shouldn't speculate on that.

And if I were him, I'd be alot tougher on your scum fanbase that posts on that site. I actually think he's quite reserved when it comes to anything Iowa.

It's funny to see some Iowa fans try and take the high road for the first time ever and watch them play the victim card like another certain group of people in today's society.

Terry Brands is still a lunatic. The whacko should be banned from sitting matside during events and should instead be forced to sit back in the locker room in permanent time out in his little person chair.

When I go to a restaurant where the food isn’t up to par, I don’t try to teach them how to cook. I just don’t go there anymore.
But some of these Hawkeye fans are addicts here. They’re not of sound mind.

I'm a person who tries to be very PC tbh and dead serious I've never heard of midget being considered a derogatory term. I certainly hear and see fans use it all the time to describe athletes who are small relative to their peers in competition and nobody seems to bat an eye. Never heard anyone say "the m word" or hear people gasp or look at someone in shock if they said it. Seeing how Barstool (despite how controversial they tend to get) do "Midget Fights" at Rough and Rowdy and nobody has tried to cancel them for that yet (when people try to cancel them for many other things), I think it's not something most are offended by. Finally, if you watch Spencer Lee's interview with Will Compton, he even jokes that wrestlers have "Little Mans Syndrome"

I can do without the use of the term like I said but seeing how it's used quite often, I think Iowa fans are reaching here. Now listen, if someone actually has dwarfism and you call them that, yes it's very uncalled for. But considering Tom Brands is 5'5'', I'm going to say it wasn't meant as a derogatory term lol.

Last edited:
I'm a person who tries to be very PC tbh and dead serious I've never heard of midget being considered a derogatory term. I certainly hear and see fans use it all the time to describe athletes who are small relative to their peers in competition and nobody seems to bat an eye. Never heard anyone say "the m word" or hear people gasp or look at someone in shock if they said it. Seeing how Barstool (despite how controversial they tend to get) do "Midget Fights" at Rough and Rowdy and nobody has tried to cancel them for that yet (when people try to cancel them for many other things), I think it's not something most are offended by. Finally, if you watch Spencer Lee's interview with Will Compton, he even jokes that wrestlers have "Little Mans Syndrome"

I can do without the use of the term like I said but seeing how it's used quite often, I think Iowa fans are reaching here. Now listen, if someone actually has dwarfism and you call them that, yes it's very uncalled for. But considering Tom Brands is 5'5'', I'm going to say it wasn't meant as a derogatory term lol.
In all fairness, it was HR who painted the label onto Terry Brands.

You guys started saying he was shopping his kids athletic abilities long before he started trashing Iowa. Probably where Mr.Brooks got a bad taste in his mouth when it comes to anything Iowa but maybe I shouldn't speculate on that.

And if I were him, I'd be alot tougher on your scum fanbase that posts on that site. I actually think he's quite reserved when it comes to anything Iowa.
The funniest post was a comment about Aaron wearing a pSu pullover at a game he went to on a visit - like it was illegally given to him by a booster.

Here’s my problem with midget being derogatory. I’ve been told the correct term is little person. That seems worse to me. Or at least not better.
In a perfect world, no one says any words at all and only expresses themselves by biting/scratching in a wrestling match.

It doesnt matter WHICH term you use, SOMEONE is sure to be offended by it.
I believe this. And I also feel that no matter what term is now considered correct to use, eventually that word will one day be considered offensive because its associated to that "not so perfect" trait of a person. Is little person now considered the correct term?? I dont really know but if it is, it wont be in the future because eventually people hearing it will automatically think of that persons shortcomings (no pun intended).

I think the goal now in much of society is to eliminate anyone from using any word to identify someone good or bad. Like trying to condition us to look at each other as if we are all the same and just ignore what makes us different. Obviously that will never ever happen because we are human and because we just arent the same and we know it. I mean, cancel culture is the weapon of choice right now to try to eliminate us from looking at or treating others differently than ourselves but more and more I think people are realizing eventually everyone will need to be cancelled since we are human and we are just "wired" that way and always will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT