ADVERTISEMENT

Quote from On3 worth sharing

The political and public correctness is going too far. The word midget is a word that is defined as "something (such as an animal) much smaller than usual". My grandfather would use the term to describe a small dairy cow. Over the years the term has been deemed to be improper.
My feeling about Mr. Brooks comment was he just was being funny and sarcastic. Which it was. It's a case of "if the (small) shoe fits" description of the Brands boys.
A lot of people that have issue with sarcasm could not bowl on my bowling team. It's made up of decorated Vietnam Vet, a current Police Chief and toughest 74 year old that you would ever meet. It's 3 hours of sarcasm.
I guarantee you, that the 74 year old calls me a "heeba-ha-ba" once or twice a night. It's all in fun.

Terry is a hot tempered dude with severe little man's syndrome. The term leprechaun would have been more fitting and much nicer. He wants his schilling. It reminds me of the southpark episode when Cartman fought the little guy who came to explain why words couldn't hurt people.
82f59940-2549-4329-a73e-7c7972d92699_text.gif

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
The political and public correctness is going too far. The word midget is a word that is defined as "something (such as an animal) much smaller than usual". My grandfather would use the term to describe a small dairy cow. Over the years the term has been deemed to be improper.
My feeling about Mr. Brooks comment was he just was being funny and sarcastic. Which it was. It's a case of "if the (small) shoe fits" description of the Brands boys.
A lot of people that have issue with sarcasm could not bowl on my bowling team. It's made up of decorated Vietnam Vet, a current Police Chief and toughest 74 year old that you would ever meet. It's 3 hours of sarcasm.
I guarantee you, that the 74 year old calls me a "heeba-ha-ba" once or twice a night. It's all in fun.
Those looking to save the world are more offended by that word than actual little people. Rico Abreu is a hell of a wheel man who gained many of his wins driving a type of car he and most people call a midget car. Heck, I think the series he primarily races in is called the midget series. I’m sure someday it will change but it won’t be cause of him. And if anyone doesn’t know who Rico is just Google it. I’m afraid to say because to be honest with you, I can no longer keep up with being politically correct (or nonoffensive) anymore. :)

Those looking to save the world are more offended by that word than actual little people. Rico Abreu is a hell of a wheel man who gained many of his wins driving a type of car he and most people call a midget car. Heck, I think the series he primarily races in us called the midget series. I’m sure someday it will change but it won’t be cause of him. And if anyone doesn’t know who Rico is just Google it. I’m afraid to say because to be honest with you, I can no longer keep up with being politically correct (or nonoffensive) anymore. :)
Political correctness is as offensive as it gets. Woke is intolerant. In the words of "short people", woke people got no reason to live. Bring on Jackie Mason. Everything should be subject to the most cutting comedy. No fatwahs allowed.

idk man. if someone called me a name that hurt me, i would feel bad. so i try not to do that to others. doesn’t matter if i don’t totally understand why. it’s an easy thing to do. you call that PC. i think it’s the absolute bare minimum of just being a nice person

idk man. if someone called me a name that hurt me, i would feel bad. so i try not to do that to others. doesn’t matter if i don’t totally understand why. it’s an easy thing to do. you call that PC. i think it’s the absolute bare minimum of just being a nice person
Lol. No you dont. You call me weirdo , freak all the time. I mean.. I'm not soft like you are so I'm ok with it but come on...

:)

Btw, I could have sworn Turk started a thread over on HR so ya'll could flame Mr.Brooks. Did something happen in it to be deleted or am I jus ty missing it?

Reactions: danoftw
I don’t really keep up with the times very well and am sure my political correctness could use improvement, but “midget” has been a no-no for over two decades now.

I’m not going to express outrage over this, but I will say there is nothing wrong with trying to be a little empathetic. We all have our own experiences to draw upon, and naturally that will color an individual’s approach. I once happened to be very close to someone whose family struggled with caring for a member with dwarfism. He ultimately died prior to adulthood, and it was really hard on all involved for many years leading up to and following that event. If not for that experience, I probably wouldn’t have the same motivation about use of preferred terms that I do now. It is about respect, not about what I believe should or shouldn’t be considered offensive. Therefore, I’ll just take a representative organizations’ word for it when it comes to preffered terminology.

One thing is for certain — political correctness will evolve over time (no one declared “mission accomplished” with banning of the “n word”). There are a lot of derogatory terms out there, and people may find this evolution a little less irksome if, instead of throwing up a defensive guard, they just stop for minute, listen, and have some empathy.

Btw, I could have sworn Turk started a thread over on HR so ya'll could flame Mr.Brooks. Did something happen in it to be deleted or am I jus ty missing it?
Yeah, that thread happened. Last I saw, armbar weighed in, and I figured it was likey to devolve even further at that point.

tHR mods have been very active lately in nuking entire threads (or large portions thereof) when people get riled up, act out, and make the place look bad. That’s at least the 3rd thread to get disappeared in the last 4 days, and a fourth thread was cleansed of cesspooliness.

Hey weirdo, dont you know you need an organization to declare a term “offensive”. Get with the times, freak.
Individuals who act in a responsible fashion deserve polite respect. Organizations that want to force you to bow to their preferences deserve no respect and total derision. You only deserve what you earn. By that standard Terry is a dwarf in every respect. Freedom of speech does not mean that one person's speech has the right to cancel any other person's speech. Political correctness has gone way too far. It no longer has anything to do with politeness. It has morphed into mostly strident rudeness.

"Cael doesn’t get very angry about anything. You can’t be one way about things and then not level headed about others. Cael looks at adversity as an opportunity. We have a real leader not some screaming midget. Relax and enjoy the team. The January version is gonna be 🔥!" -John Brooks

This was Mr. Brooks response to me talking about how angry Cael was about the Wick situation. I was corrected by a loved parent (much like Str8Dblz was) about how I perceive a situation. Felt it was worth bringing over here to bring some perspective.
I now understand why Mr. Brooks posted what he did on the other site.

While you guys are debating Mr. Brooks’ finger, you are forgetting to make fun of the mini-man it might be pointing to. :) #avoiddistraction

gqRYuQ.gif

Last edited:
My favorite thing about this board is that every thread devolves into a COVID dumpster fire or commentary on a culture clash. I'm hopeful that trait remains here and doesn't migrate to the other board.

Yeah- Mr. Brooks shouldn't have used the word "midget"- I hope we all have grace enough to forgive others' mistakes and have an opportunity to continue to learn. I hope we all want to continue to learn and grow...

I kinda expect this in the off-season, but damn this year has been super exciting thus far and only should get better, but who really comes here to talk about wrestling. The man is too busy trying to hold us down, and you can decide for yourself who the man is...

yeah, I know Fatmarc doesn't like tough forums... blah blah...

we’re all sinners here :). i will refrain in the future friend
Reminds me of an old joke. JS is on trial for calling the Countess a pig. JS is implored to apologize to the Countess, …

JS: You mean I can’t call a countess a pig?

Judge: No, sir.

JS: Okay. Can I call a pig a countess?

Judge: (confused) Uh, I guess so.

JS: In that case, I’m sorry, Countess!

Reminds me of an old joke. JS is on trial for calling the Countess a pig. JS is implored to apologize to the Countess, …

JS: You mean I can’t call a countess a pig?

Judge: No, sir.

JS: Okay. Can I call a pig a countess?

Judge: (confused) Uh, I guess so.

JS: In that case, I’m sorry, Countess!

JS calling me friend. I almost feel like I should be offended by that... lol

My favorite thing about this board is that every thread devolves into a COVID dumpster fire or commentary on a culture clash. I'm hopeful that trait remains here and doesn't migrate to the other board.

Yeah- Mr. Brooks shouldn't have used the word "midget"- I hope we all have grace enough to forgive others' mistakes and have an opportunity to continue to learn. I hope we all want to continue to learn and grow...

I kinda expect this in the off-season, but damn this year has been super exciting thus far and only should get better, but who really comes here to talk about wrestling. The man is too busy trying to hold us down, and you can decide for yourself who the man is...

yeah, I know Fatmarc doesn't like tough forums... blah blah...
I don't think it was said as something that should start a dumpster fire nor type cast Mr. Brooks as a bad guy. I think it was just a statement with some sarcasm. My daughter is engaged to paraplegic which was caused from a car accident. Occasionally someone might say something about being"cripple" or other degrading terms and he doesn't dwell about it.

Truthfully, I didn't overly think the midget quote but I guess I should have seen it as a possible derailed thread coming lol. I was more honestly taking a L for how much I insisted Cael is mad (insert joke about slushhead's article) by one wrestler (Evan Wick) and I was told by the best source possible Cael moves on pretty quickly, he would rather focus on Edsell and Facundo. I wanted to put in perspective to myself that regardless of what happens, we're the luckiest fans in the world to have Cael Sanderson at helm.

Reactions: slushhead
you are what you are and who you choose to be. Why worry about things you can't control.

ADVERTISEMENT