ADVERTISEMENT

Quote from On3 worth sharing

McScoreley

Feb 24, 2019
"Cael doesn’t get very angry about anything. You can’t be one way about things and then not level headed about others. Cael looks at adversity as an opportunity. We have a real leader not some screaming midget. Relax and enjoy the team. The January version is gonna be 🔥!" -John Brooks

This was Mr. Brooks response to me talking about how angry Cael was about the Wick situation. I was corrected by a loved parent (much like Str8Dblz was) about how I perceive a situation. Felt it was worth bringing over here to bring some perspective.

“Not some screaming midget.”

Classic.

WE ARE!!!
"Throw me!"

8b03e70778192ed86ef88b272687ff5f.gif

I don’t normally do this, but I’ll make an exception this time and park this right here:

And check one of the quoted statements I had bolded. 😉

also just have to say, you all get a kick out of it because you dislike the recipient of the comment, but if an iowa fan or parent publicly described cael with a similarly derogatory word, widely considered to be a slur, you all would be rightfully upset. not a very classy moment from mr. brooks.

"Cael doesn’t get very angry about anything. You can’t be one way about things and then not level headed about others. Cael looks at adversity as an opportunity. We have a real leader not some screaming midget. Relax and enjoy the team. The January version is gonna be 🔥!" -John Brooks

This was Mr. Brooks response to me talking about how angry Cael was about the Wick situation. I was corrected by a loved parent (much like Str8Dblz was) about how I perceive a situation. Felt it was worth bringing over here to bring some perspective.
bUt CaEl ThReW a ChAiR oNcE!!!!

also just have to say, you all get a kick out of it because you dislike the recipient of the comment, but if an iowa fan or parent publicly described cael with a similarly derogatory word, widely considered to be a slur, you all would be rightfully upset. not a very classy moment from mr. brooks.
I agree that use of that term is regrettable.

Is “lunatic” out of bounds these days? Maybe that would have been better.

I could have done without that part but seeing how Iowa fans attacked him for sharing what happened between Aaron and Nelson last Big Tens, I don't think he cares all that much about winning you guys over.

Last edited:
You assume he was referring to Tom/Terry??

Rumor has it that Wick is securing the one semester of transfer credits needed for PSU at Cal Poly. Go figure.
I'm in a grumpy mood today GogglesPaizano, Don't mess with me now. I need Evan Wick in State College!

Last edited:
I could have done without that part but seeing how Iowa fans attacked him for sharing what happened between Aaron and Nelson last Big Tens, I don't think he cares all that much about winning you guys over.
Maybe John and Terry should wrestle? Ya know, since Nelson is a 174 now it would be unfair for the kids to run it back;).

Iowa fans started attacking him way way way before Nelson tried drawing blood. They accused both John and Aaron of taking payoffs to go to PSU.

Difference being that Terry is routinely out of control and a terrible role model for his athletes, while Cael had a single, solitary incident with a chair. Iowa fans just prefer to make up a ton of garbage about Cael that is completely unfounded. It’s nowhere near a valid comparison. Not in the same universe.

Difference being that Terry is routinely out of control and a terrible role model for his athletes, while Cael had a single, solitary incident with a chair. Iowa fans just prefer to make up a ton of garbage about Cael that is completely unfounded. It’s nowhere near a valid comparison. Not in the same universe.
People are also acting like Cael threw the chair in the direction of the official and he had to duck to prevent himself from getting concussed. He flipped it onto the mat. Not a good look, won't deny that but let's not act like it was some extremely violent moment.

i don’t recall bringing up a chair.

People are also acting like Cael threw the chair in the direction of the official and he had to duck to prevent himself from getting concussed. He flipped it onto the mat. Not a good look, won't deny that but let's not act like it was some extremely violent moment.
i thought he just looked goofy lol

Terry is a hot tempered dude with severe little man's syndrome. The term leprechaun would have been more fitting and much nicer. He wants his schilling. It reminds me of the southpark episode when Cartman fought the little guy who came to explain why words couldn't hurt people.

Not half as goofy as he’d look chasing his brother around the arena like a parent chasing his unruly kid. That would look goofy
so sensitive. i found it endearing haha. like he saw david melting down and felt compelled to join him but didn’t know what to do because it’s so out of character for him.

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
no it’s actually not. it’s always classless to use a word like that, no matter the target.
I liken this to the comment Gilman made about the Japanese wrestler. Was he trying to be hurtful and brusque? Probably. Did Mr Brooks or Gilman understand the historical significance of the term? I hope not.

so sensitive. i found it endearing haha. like he saw david melting down and felt compelled to join him but didn’t know what to do because it’s so out of character for him.
You’re right. He let his emotions get the best of him and took it out on the defenseless chair. A real coach knows you should try to start a fight with the opponents family, maybe yell “YOU SUCK” in the refs face to let everyone know you’re tough, not sensitive

You guys love to tell others about the high road that your own team never ever takes.

When your kids stop having dust ups with parents, shooting each other, or just not ducking......well ask our parents... who were blown off by said coaches ....to be more respectful

Ps....said with peace and love. Peace and love

Let's be honest here.
Iowa fans have routinely been less classy to the nth degree when labeling Cael everything from an abuser, Brands' bitch, cheat and on through the alphabet to a zebra briber. Mr. Brooks did not explicitly label anybody with a derogatory label. The label fits so perfectly it only appears implicit and classless.

ADVERTISEMENT