ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Nordin

Only a fool would believe that Harbaugh will not be back in the NFL sooner rather than later. I'll say two more years at UM, then he's back in the pros.

actually only a fool would believe Jim will leave UM anytime soon. You really don't know a thing about the guy - but I'm not here to argue or flame. I'm only here to repeat what others likely already know: Quinn Nordin and LaVert Hill are as good as gone from PSU. Both will be wearing the Winged Helmet next year - you can bookmark this post.

actually only a fool would believe Jim will leave UM anytime soon. You really don't know a thing about the guy - but I'm not here to argue or flame. I'm only here to repeat what others likely already know: Quinn Nordin and LaVert Hill are as good as gone from PSU. Both will be wearing the Winged Helmet next year - you can bookmark this post.
You waited 4 years to waste your 1st post on this board, we should be honored!!

Reactions: Ski

Nice first post...see ya. Book that!

Michigan Verbals With A PSU Offer

1 Ben Bredeson
2 Devery Hamilton
3 Brad Hawkins
4 Ron Johnson
5 Michael Onweau

PSU Verbals With A Michigan Offer

1 Will Fries
2 Lavert Hill
3 Daniel Joseph
4 Michel Menet
5 Quinn Nordin
6 Miles Sanders
7 Andrew Pryts

Even if/when Hill and Nordin ("We're talking about a kicker? A kicker??") flip, PSU has still done fine against Harbaugh/Michigan this recruiting cycle.

Agreed. It's one of two things...he either knows something the rest of us do not, or, he pulled it out of his a$$. You know which one I'm betting on.

Don't want to get in the middle of anything here.

He has said signs have been out for a while now.

If that was mostly true, this board would have been in a panic over it.

Hill was all the 'flip' talk. Never the kicker.

So Harbaugh is building a wall around the state of Michigan?

Does that just apply to football recruits, or also to people leaving to find sunshine and a job?

Reactions: TheGLOV
yeah Joe never recruited won 409 games with retreads. Sean Lee, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, Jack Ham, Matt Bahr, Matt Millen, Mike Hartenstine, Shane Conlan, Sam Gash, Kerry Collins, Kim Herring, Brandon Short, Joe Jurivicious, Kareem McKenzie, Kyle Brady, Jay Alford, Paul Pozluzny, Allen Robinson, AQ Shipley, Cameron Wake, Nate Stupar, Glen Carson,DeQuan Jones, Tamba Hali, Mickey Shuler, Navorro Bowman, Mike Mauti, Robbie Gould, OJ McDuffey, Mike Munchak, Dennis Onkotz, Jared Odrick, Charlie Pittman, Mike Reid, Michael Robinson, Matt Suhey,Kurt Warner, Larry Johnson, 3 Wisniewskis, Mike Zordich, Kurt Allerman, Richie Anderson, LaVar Arrington, Greg Buttle, Jack Crawford, D.J. Dozier, Bobby Engram, Kenny Jackson, Jimmy Kennedy,Rich Milot..........................no Joe couldn't recruit, LOL

Mostly Pa, Md and Jersey kids that Joe could recruit from a rocking chair. Recruiting against Rutgers, Temple and UMd is a little different than going head to head with OSU, FSU, Bama, UM, Notre Dame, USC and so on which is what Franklin is doing.

I get a kick out of you guys who deride the recruiting services and their rankings, saying you trust the opinion of the coaches more. Guess what, they're virtually one and the same. Take a look at the offer lists of the higher rated prospects and where they end up going. Do the same for the 2-stars and lower rated 3 stars. Not only are the recruiting service guys decent talent evaluators, but they use those offer lists as a big part of their ranking system. Of course, there are exceptions. Sometimes, coaches see something in a relatively unknown kid at a camp or somewhere and offer him. Coaches at the non-elite recruiting schools often have to settle for the best they can get at certain positions. Of course, like the NFL draft, there are lots of surprises, both successes and failures, but on the average, the odds rest with the schools who recruit the higher rated players.

Michigan fans who had been on hiatus all through the Hoke years are suddenly trolling all the Big Ten message boards. During 5-7 type seasons they weren't quite as lippy.
Some may be. In fairness tho if another teams fan posts on this sight some of you instantly label them a troll even if they come to talk about football and do it respectfully.

A 3 star kicker is as high a ranking as it goes usually. It's like a normal 4 or 5 star recruit and Nordin is a huge get. And for the record, recruiting services are wrong quite often. It's not an exact science.:D:D:D

Only a fool would believe that Harbaugh will not be back in the NFL sooner rather than later. I'll say two more years at UM, then he's back in the pros.
He might be back next year in Indy, re Andrew Luck.

Harbaugh had already been mentioned to Indy. Pagano did something, falling out with owner. Think Harbaugh wouldn't like to re-unite with Luck?

Harbaugh had already been mentioned to Indy. Pagano did something, falling out with owner. Think Harbaugh wouldn't like to re-unite with Luck?
Hey how about Harbaugh to USC. I mean his wife Sarah never wanted to leave California in the first place according to all the people at ESPN and other sports networks. :)

He'll likely be mentioned for most NFL jobs that come up. He may eventually leave for the NFL but it won't be for a long time, if ever. He certainly won't be in Indy next year. That's wishful thinking.

Reactions: Westcoast24
He'll likely be mentioned for most NFL jobs that come up. He may eventually leave for the NFL but it won't be for a long time, if ever. He certainly won't be in Indy next year. That's wishful thinking.
Would have to agree. If he can take 'his' team to the BIG playoffs this year then he's gonna be GOD for a while. Why not enjoy it?

Michigan has 22 verbal commitments at this point! They flip Nordin and Hill, with Gary likely going along with Davis and several other players high on UM..

How many dang scholarships to they have??
Over signing this year??

Reactions: jerseylion109
CB Garrett Taylor was a Top 100 recruit from last year we flipped from Michigan. He's been getting rave practice reviews from the scout team during his RS frosh year. And is 5" taller than Hill.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Nordin is actually one of our most recent commits. Why would he suddenly commit and change mind. In other words, why commit at all???? Anyhow, no matter what the star rating, we need a punter that is better than JR high level.

Hill has never been committed and now see that BAMA is chasing him - Saban if he wants a player will beat ANY BIG coach = JF, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc.

The Michigan guys are a lot like the Pitt guys. They seem to think that if they say something often enough, it will become true.

Anyhow, no matter what the star rating, we need a punter that is better than JR high level.

Hill has never been committed and now see that BAMA is chasing him - Saban if he wants a player will beat ANY BIG coach = JF, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc.

Hey dummy, Franklin has about 5 players with Saban/Bama offers each of the last two classes.

We still have the top rated punter in the country in the 2016 class. Nordin is considered more of a placekicker. Do you know the difference?

just bookmark it and we'll see what happens. (Btw, you should thank everyone who didn't come to this board 2-3 years ago).
I'm setting the under/over for this guy at 11 posts. Any takers?

Last edited:
Ahh, the internet! Where else can arrogant fans of a program that has national relevancy once every 25 years or so and that needs a beholding and adoring conference to keep it sustainable go to boast and brag about their shiny new toy from the NFL?

Oh, watch them traverse the message boards of Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. to discuss how awesome and “totally back” they are. They especially enjoy coming to the Penn State boards where they can harangue fans about a former employee who committed terrible crimes that somehow got pinned on the football program and its highly esteemed coach. Of course, they will never respond to comments about their coed-raping football player and his macho, threatening OL sidekick who managed to stay eligible throughout an entire season. No, it’s much easier to condemn athletes who were 6 years old or so when a former employee committed those despicable crimes that had nothing at all to do with the football program.

But here they come … likely smoking 2 cigarettes as if they just had sex with Madeline Kahn. Why, don’t you know that their Herculean coach – yes, the one nobody in “The League” wanted because no one can take him for longer than 3 or 4 years – is going to make their tattered little program B1G again? Then they won’t need The Dick Honig or Dave Witvoet or whomever else they set up to keep them afloat. The winged helmets will once again be the scourge of the Midwest … nay, the entire nation. Just like 1912.

Just imagine what our board will be like in November, following their 9th straight shutout or whatever. Harbaugh will be like a deity, riding down with winged angels to smite those lowly creatures from the East.

Michigan. B.F.D. Yeah, Harbaugh is a fantastic coach, proven at Stanford, SF, and now in AA. I can see Michigan going 10-1 into the game with OSU, and should a Big 12 or ACC team lose a game, Delaney maneuvering to get 11-1 Michigan into the playoffs with the 11-1 buckeyes. So I am not so filled with disdain for all things Michigan that I will deny them their due. Typically, such will not be afforded Penn State in return.

But how about you guys just stay over on your own board and kiss each other’s arses. We’re fine here trying to get past a corrupt conference and an even more corrupt BOT. We don’t really need or seek your condescending input.

Sort of like all the PSU posters saying harbaugh wants the NFL and will be gone soon?

Dude, he came from the NFL. He wouldn't have come to Michigan, if the NFL hadn't kicked him out. Whether you like it or not, he's going back. His brother has a Super Bowl ring, and he wants one, too. He has an outsized ego that wants to prove that he wasn't a failure.

Three years, max. And he's got the buy-out that permits it at any time.

Ahh, the internet! Where else can arrogant fans of a program that has national relevancy once every 25 years or so and that needs a beholding and adoring conference to keep it sustainable go to boast and brag about their shiny new toy from the NFL?

Oh, watch them traverse the message boards of Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. to discuss how awesome and “totally back” they are. They especially enjoy coming to the Penn State boards where they can harangue fans about a former employee who committed terrible crimes that somehow got pinned on the football program and its highly esteemed coach. Of course, they will never respond to comments about their coed-raping football player and his macho, threatening OL sidekick who managed to stay eligible throughout an entire season. No, it’s much easier to condemn athletes who were 6 years old or so when a former employee committed those despicable crimes that had nothing at all to do with the football program.

But here they come … likely smoking 2 cigarettes as if they just had sex with Madeline Kahn. Why, don’t you know that their Herculean coach – yes, the one nobody in “The League” wanted because no one can take him for longer than 3 or 4 years – is going to make their tattered little program B1G again? Then they won’t need The Dick Honig or Dave Witvoet or whomever else they set up to keep them afloat. The winged helmets will once again be the scourge of the Midwest … nay, the entire nation. Just like 1912.

Just imagine what our board will be like in November, following their 9th straight shutout or whatever. Harbaugh will be like a deity, riding down with winged angels to smite those lowly creatures from the East.

Michigan. B.F.D. Yeah, Harbaugh is a fantastic coach, proven at Stanford, SF, and now in AA. I can see Michigan going 10-1 into the game with OSU, and should a Big 12 or ACC team lose a game, Delaney maneuvering to get 11-1 Michigan into the playoffs with the 11-1 buckeyes. So I am not so filled with disdain for all things Michigan that I will deny them their due. Typically, such will not be afforded Penn State in return.

But how about you guys just stay over on your own board and kiss each other’s arses. We’re fine here trying to get past a corrupt conference and an even more corrupt BOT. We don’t really need or seek your condescending input.
A couple Michigan posters may come over and be jerks. It's the way it is. Just like I don't lump every fan of PSU an idiot because of the likes of people like pnnylion and nittanyamerica maybe you should try and talk to a few of us Michigan fans that do like what PSU is and stands for. There are jerks in every fan base so take some of the good with the bad and don't lump us all together. I enjoy coming over here and talking about your team and mine. Lighten up and enjoy. Here's to a great season for both programs.

Reactions: baircub1!
Dude, he came from the NFL. He wouldn't have come to Michigan, if the NFL hadn't kicked him out. Whether you like it or not, he's going back. His brother has a Super Bowl ring, and he wants one, too. He has an outsized ego that wants to prove that he wasn't a failure.

Three years, max. And he's got the buy-out that permits it at any time.
You believe what you want, even if it's wishful thinking. I'll go by what our well connected insiders say in the matter. My bet is he's here for 10 plus with the possibility of ending his career in Ann Arbor. Time will tell, but I'm not concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT